Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2006, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Oz-ers #5 - we're hiding....in the jungle....watching you...

Welcome back aussies

Our last thread has dead posts, which means we can't post on the thread so I opened up this new one

I hope the number and name title is right?

I can't wait for thursday!!!

Kelly
Old 04-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for re-opening Kel

Tomorrow night is the recap episode, Lost: Revelation.

I guess everyone's seen the ads, but JJ promises that he's going to reveal 'one more little thing' exclusively to australia. (and the voice over guy says 3 things.)

All I gotta say is you better have something good for us JJ!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for opening the new thread for us, Kel.

I actually don't think I've seen the ads for Lost this week. I didn't bother downloading the recap ep when it aired in the US, so I dunno what's in it, but I reckon it'll be pretty safe to say it won't really give away anything new.

I just read a blurb about the ep on an online TV guide and it includes the line:
Find out what is really inside the hatch
Yeah, right. They're almost at the end of season 2 in the US and trust me, there haven't been many more answers offered up about what the hatch is really for....plenty more questions though, (this is Lost afterall, so only a fool would expect clear cut answers before getting more confusing questions to pile on the heap).
Old 04-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem girls another recap?
They bored me I thought it was like a behind the scenes
Old 04-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

The recap really was rather dull, huh? Thankfully the next ep is an absolute cracker, (all the "don't miss a single second right from the beginning" hype is actually well deserved)!! Can't wait to watch it again.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Such an awesome ep!

Totally freaked me out that Eko ended up on the same little island his brother did.

Speaking of freaky, if you go to this page you can see lightened up screencaps of the images from Eko's past that were in the smoke, (which I totally didn't even see the first time I watched it), and they also have the transcript of the voices heard in the scene with the smoke, too.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

W.T.H was the ad showed twice in the Lost ep
Old 05-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Hey people

Okay, did anyone call the hotline I did and it's confused me even more then before!

The LOST experience game is very confusing.

And did anyone notice in last nights ep that the beard dude called out to 'Alex' to bring Kate forth, as in maybe Rosseuos 'Alex'.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Hybrid-Angel; 05-05-2006 at 12:51 AM
Old 05-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Call? no way, it looked like a american number the ep was weird, just seeing the "ads"
Old 05-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I just got around to watching Thursdays episode tonight. That number thing was weird.. so the US got it in their latest ep, and we got it in ours?

Quote:
And did anyone notice in last nights ep that the beard dude called out to 'Alex' to bring Kate forth, as in maybe Rosseuos 'Alex'.
I remember reading about that a while back, but I didn't actually notice. Will have to rewatch
Old 05-24-2006, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Party of 5 Matt Fox's old show is coming on dvd
Old 05-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Those ads were so weird!! I didn't even think about writing the number down!! Thought I was seeing things for a few moments there.

I am so looking forward to the next episode. The season just keeps getting better and better and since I have been so spoiled already I can't wait for the season to keep rolling by

Kel when do the PO5 DVD's hit our shelves here in Oz?

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 05-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They hit on 5/07/2006 and it's great to see you posting again
Old 05-30-2006, 04:03 AM
Elite Fan

I've just come across this.. and woah:

Quote:
Foxtel's First-Run Bonanza
By Michael Idato
May 23, 2006

When Foxtel's new output deal with 20th Century Fox takes effect next July, the cablecaster will show several first-run Fox series at almost the same time as they air in the US. The first free-to-air/pay TV joint output deal in Australia allows Ten and Foxtel to share first-run output from Fox, though the fine print says Ten will have "preferential entitlements in selection and volume". Foxtel has also signed a deal with Buena Vista Television, securing cable rights to Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Lost. Foxtel will launch all three later this year: Grey's and Desperate as a Sunday night double on W channel; and Lost on FOX8 as commercial-free, double episodes.

Foxtel has also confirmed it will make a local version of producer Mark Burnett's The Contender, the Rocky-inspired US reality series fronted by Sugar Ray Leonard and Sylvester Stallone. The series trains 16 aspiring boxers and the winner takes home $US1 million ($1.3 million). No word from Foxtel on who might host the local series, but it seems an eerie coincidence that the announcement came the same night all eyes were on Anthony Mundine's bout with Danny Green. Foxtel's director of television, Brian Walsh, has a long association with Mundine; Walsh's company, the Promotions Department, launched Mundine's boxing career.

Aussie pay broadcaster Foxtel has landed the rights to a host of major US series for the upcoming 2006-07 season.

Prison Break and Bones, both from Fox, will air on entertainment channel Fox8 beginning in July, while My Name Is Earl (CBS) will find a home on the Comedy Channel. The W Network will air new telenovela Desires, which begins a 13-week, 65-episode run on new US network 'My Network TV' in September.

The broadcaster also renewed deals for new and existing shows with Buena Vista, CBS Paramount, NBC Universal and Warner Bros.

Quote:
Foxtel's programming slate in full:

Fox8
Bones (new, from July)
Family Guy
Futurama
Lost
One Tree Hill
Prison Break (new, from July)
Smallville
The Simpsons

The Comedy Channel
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Daily Show With Jon Stewart (new, from July)
My Name Is Earl (new)
Whose Line Is It Anyway?

The W Channel
Desire (new)
Desperate Housewives
Dr Phil
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Grey's Anatomy
Huff (new, from July)
Oprah

The History Channel
Band of Brothers (new)
Quote:
For FOXTEL, it will mean we will broadcast new major Hollywood series concurrent with the US television season. This is a first for the Australian television entertainment market and means our subscribers will be watching the new hit shows at the same time as audiences in the US and Canada.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that Kyls