Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always think about what ME says about his character actually ending up being a "good guy" so to speak. That's the interesting thing about Ben is that to us he's evil. What he does to get his way is evil, but in the end are they going to present it as if all these horrible things he has done have been for the greater good? I just don't see how Ben could ever do anything good. He's always working for himself and usually with some ulterior motive. That's what makes him such an interesting character to me, is how much we still don't really know about him. So if it ends up he has decent motives in the end, I'll be very surprised.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I like the way it all is with with Ben....because you want to like him, but can never get yourself to.
The thing you have to be most careful for in your life is to avoid people who have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If you were to challenge this person they would lay it all on the thick and do things you would see as unimaginable
and most likely to go on and win the challenge. After all...why not go full stakes if you have nothing to lose and everything to gain...?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:10 AM
Elite Fan

I kinda hate him but also fascinated by him... its a weird mixture...

But even he has done all those terrible things for the greater good i dont think i can be ok with it... Come on now the guy killed like hundreds of ppl!

I dunno what to feel about Ben being the guidance of O6.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But even he has done all those terrible things for the greater good i dont think i can be ok with it... Come on now the guy killed like hundreds of ppl!
Exactly. I would not be okay with that either. I don't think the writers will go that route, but it was just something I was thinking about.

I think he's always going to put himself and his agenda first, however, it looks to me like Jack is still very suspicious of him.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I like how we can't really put a finger on him...I think that's genius....
The thing you have to be most careful for in your life is to avoid people who have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If you were to challenge this person they would lay it all on the thick and do things you would see as unimaginable
and most likely to go on and win the challenge. After all...why not go full stakes if you have nothing to lose and everything to gain...?
Old 01-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah i know... Ben is a character that you love to hate.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheartstripe (View Post)
I like how we can't really put a finger on him...I think that's genius....
That's definitely part of the intrigue.

I was also thinking though, Sayid has been working for Ben. I'm sure he's going to be very suspicious of Ben's agenda as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah... and that's why in late season i'm expecting to see Jack and Sayid teaming up against Ben... I mean not exactly against him but both Jack and Sayid are skeptic besides they trust each other so i can see them sharing their concerns about Ben and eventually keeping eye on Ben together.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

I'm not sure if we can trust Ben. He is a sneaky man. He seems like someone just can trust and the next second he does something that is completly wrong and put the other person at stake. Nope, I don't trust him. But he is an AWESOME character. What would we do without him...?

misbehave.

Mikaela/icon
Old 01-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah he is a great character

Cant wait to see Ben and O6 working together. But i still want Jack, Sayid and others not to trust Ben, something tells me thrusting him would be a mistake.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it'll be interesting to see if trusting Ben will work out for them..I also can't wait to see more on the rivalry between Widmore and Ben
Old 01-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really don't think they will completely trust Ben. They've already had plenty of experiences where they know he's out for himself first. I think they'll know it won't have changed. I really do want to see all the O6 working together.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I would love to see the O6 working together as a team especially because they are so disjointed at this point. I feel like they would all be skeptics of Ben. that will be their common bond.
is make you lonely and corrupt?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

ITA Morgan
I cant wait to see O6 working together, learning to trust each other and be friends again.
And i believe none of them will completely trust Ben which will be one of their common bond.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Which of the O6 do you think it's going to be hardest to convince to go back?