Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

As soon as Juliet joked about wanting her ex to be hit by a bus, I totally knew he would be. Then I forgot about it, and jumped about 10 feet when the bus actually got him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
I almost must say that it was eye-opening to know that Juliet has only been on the island for 3 years...and in a way, is a prisoner like the Losties are. She never asked for this...and she was forced into it against her will. That was such a delicious twist because now we have a better sense of Juliet and her motives.
I loved that as well! Here I was thinking that she'd been in Otherville for a very long time, but it turns out, only 3 years, and she wants out of there so bad that she's even counting how many days she's been there. I'm sure she'd want nothing more than to go home and see if her sister is still alive and if she had the baby.

They'd best be going back for Jack, and I hope they pick up Alex at the same time, because she's seriously awesome, and I wanna see her and Sawyer exchanging some more witty banter in the future.

Benry waking up mid-operation...then saying he wasn't in pain....seriously made me squirm. I've never had surgery of any kind, but my big phobia about it would be partially waking up in the middle of it.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I was hoping for some major dissecting. I am certain there were tons of clues and hints in this episode, but I always miss them. The Clockwork Orange scene with Carl alone probably had a ton of info. Anyone figure out any of those clues yet?

I loved this episode. I liked Juliet's story, and I always liked Elizabeth Mitchell. She is a really great at acting with her eyes. She always looks like she knows something that no one else knows and is amused by it.

At first I thought that Sawyer watching Kate talk to Jack was a sign of jealousy, but then I realized he always has that look on his face. I do think that it was supposed to be Sawyer realizing Kate has feelings for Jack still, but I did crack myself up with that thought.

I really missed Lost and am glad it's back. I like the episodes surrounding the Others much better than the Tailies. Do miss seeing more of the original cast, so I'll be happy when we can see more of them too.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Seem like forever since there's been an episode thread in this place.

Holy mother of public transportation, Batman! I nearly dumped by little doggy off my lap when that bus hit the deliciously, pompous now very dead ex Mr. Juliet Burke. Talk about well deserved deaths in this episode.

What a fantastic episode to mark the return of Lost. Well written, well paced, well performed...and it threw the audience right back into the thick of things by actually putting the story that needed to be told on the screen. I saw no traces of the very questionable...no, flat out hack job of editing that plagued far too many episodes last season (think of the season finale...a crime) and unfortunately during the mini-arc (think, 'FI' and 'TCOL'...heinous crimes)

My brain is still trying to process everything for a proper review. But in the meanwhile, I'll touch a few things that I have taken in.

First off...Elizabeth Mitchell. :thumbsup: I must applaud her performance last night because it was nothing short of brilliant and flawless. She commanded that episode like the professional she is, and she didn't allow her spotlight in no way to be robbed. Even in Juliet's weaker moments, Elizabeth let it be known (quietly, but not selfishly) she was definitely driving this train. Not Emerson, Fox, Holloway or Lilly could touch her last night. So, bravo Ms.Mitchell...and welcome. May you stick around for a long while...you are quite a delight, and an absolute joy to watch.

Ethan...oh, how fabulously sinister and creepy, you are. I'm so glad the writers aren't giving that character an out on being evil. None of this, "Oh, he's just misunderstood" mess. Not every character deserves, or needs to be shown in that light. He's creepily wonderful, and that's just the way I like it.

I've never seen 'Clockwork Orange', but I've read several posts across the forums making reference to it when we Sawyer/Kate and Alex find Karl being brainwashed. I may be off base here, but I thought Sawyer's reaction was rather interesting. His expression almost registered recognition. Whether this was something that's happened to him at some point, or the messages that flashed across the screen especially "We're the cause of our own suffering" could have struck a cord with him. It's hard to tell, and ultimately, it may not mean anything more than him trying to figure out what was going on and simply got caught up. We'll see.

Tom: I want to dislike him, but I can't. Maybe it's MC Rainey (I think) playing a gay man--and the fact he's so ridiculously genius in the way he goes about portraying his character that gets me. Whatever it is...I really like it.

Kate reciting the story Jack told her on the beach in the pilot was really a moving, beautiful scene. I enjoyed the way that was portrayed--and the quiet way Sawyer told Kate they had to go and she nodded. Isn't it great when grown folks act like mature adults? It makes for wonderful cinema.

Ah, but the final scene when Juliet told Jack what Benry said...priceless. I have to admit, I chuckled inwardly at the irony when Jack told Juliet that ever everything he's gone through, he deserves to know. Images of fruit plates, cheeseburgers, soup, bottled water, grilled cheese sandwiches and a nifty new outfit to attend a funeral came to mind in comparison to daily beatings, slave labor, fishbuits and water out of a rusty pipe. (channeling 'Battle Star Galactica and an ever so presumptuous Gaius Baltar moment) However, in an effort to avoid a mental argument with myself, I pushed the comment aside and concentrated on Juliet who was ever so graciously (and quietly) putting all her broken, emotional pieces back in their rightful places. Her words may as well have been another well-placed punch, because she absolutely floored Jack when she counted off the years, months and days that she's been a prisoner on that island...just like he is now.

Excellent!
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by Darbi; 02-08-2007 at 11:27 AM
Old 02-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

I found it amusing that Lost had killed of Dr. Burke. Did anyone else find the irony there?

kenny | credit
Old 02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I found it amusing that Lost had killed of Dr. Burke. Did anyone else find the irony there?
I caught that too.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think this episode was good but not great. The best thing of the entire episode was the last Jate scene, it was so emotional and beautiful. Matthew is always the best. I loved all the Jack/Tom interaction.

I still don't like Juliet but I don't hate her anymore. I love Ben, he is so creepy and interesting. I can't wait to see an episode about him. The others seemed more and more evil in every episode.
I feel so bad about Alex, I really wanted her to go away with Carl and maybe meet her real mom.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

I just watch the episode and I love it!!!I love Juliet she is in the same situation than Jack. So I´m thinking that it means that Ben didn´t let him leave if Jack just do the surgery without the Sawyer and Kate runaway.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Btw, Juliet's husband looked good for someone that was hit in full force by a bus. Not much damage to the face, ironic? The girl on Nip/Tuck was all kinds of decapitated.
I thought the exact same thing! WTH?

The episode was great and it made me feel more for Juliet, even though I'm not a fan, but it was great to know she's also a prisoner, never saw that coming.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I really liked the ep. It captured me in a way Lost hasn't for awhile. The only ep that got me the first half of the season was the one where Eko died.

I think this whole motif of babies (Juliet as a fertility researcher, the Others stealing children, kidnapping Claire while she was pregnant) is interesting and I want to see where it ends up.

All in all, I'm back on for the mystery. Plus, I love that Lost is on at 10. Now I get to watch Friday Night Lights, OTH and Lost without overlap.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:01 PM
New Fan

i found it on google .. you can watch the full lost season 3 episode 7 at
lost.s03e07.avi - Google Video
Old 02-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

:O thx for the google vid!

MethodicWays that thing about children is so interesting! I wanna know what is going on with that..

about NIP something called my attention, I havent seen it yet.. cos im away from home, Ethan appears! wow .. I wanna know what is he doing there..
I ve seen some vids of the episode, with some short captures,
and I was impressed! .. Elizabeth Mitchell is such a great actress!
I like her more and more every day! her performance was incredible! I wanna see it complete so I can apreciate more things, Juliet is amazing!

=**
Old 02-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

LOST IS BACK!!!

YAY!!

It's about damn time. It feels like forever since we saw a good Lost episode.

So Alex is Ben's foster daughter?! Didn't see that coming?

After seeing Juliet's flashback, I actually felt sorry for her. Although it's hard to tell with her. She let Sawyer and Kate go, along with Karl. I'm still not sure. With the Others it's hard too tell if they're telling the truth most of the time.

I guess we'll have to see.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

@all I´m kinda new here when it comes to posting but I´d like to share my thoughts about the eppy.

I agree with so many others here, I´m glad Lost is back. And that the waiting paid of. No more breaks from now on and I really enjoyed that they finally got out of these cages. 6 eppies were too much for the cages

I also enjoyed the pace of the story and enjoyed the story they told with Juliet´s flashback. I wasn´t that a big fan of hers but her story was very informative and the acting was very good.

I´m not a Jater, never was but I am a Foxy fan and I hated to see what they did to the jack character in S2 but ever since "I do" the Jack I loved is back. Great acting and boy was he good looking And I LOVE how they resolved the whole triangle mess which was getting on my nerves.
First of all I was afraid that now the Kate/Swayer scenes would be weird to watch because sometimes a couple gets togetjer they get boring or don´t play the chemistry they had off. But they did. It was all in the details and they seemed tender without being cheesy & they were a great team. I loved their interacting with Alex. The brain wash scene rocked. It was creepy yet so beautifully done. Great. Lost needs to get a bit darker and focus on teh mysteries again instead of too epic love stuff (not that I didn´t enjoy it but they need it in a great balance).

The Kate/Jack walkie talkie scene was great beyond words. And I´m not even a Jater I almost cried at 1st and I didn´t know why...why Jack wanted Kate to tell the story because she can even be forced to tell it so the "safe" aspect doesn´t count at all. It was kind of a closure for J/K sure but I watched it a 2nd time and that´s when it hit me:
Kate was talking about a girl, that Jack fixed and I think she herself (and Jack&Sawyer&Juliet) realized then and there that in a way this story applied to herself too in a way. Jack&Kate met on this island and Kate is a very troubled person and of course Jack fell in love with her. I never doubted that but Jack was afraid, he didn´t know what to do after all Kate is a criminal but still he was drawn to her, had real feelings for her And Kate knows very well that Jack loves her and the knwoledge that someone like Jack, a truely good person can love her, gave her peace and showed her that she is worth to be loved. Though she doesn´t love Jack back romantically which is tragic for Jack but it´s a given....she´s all fallen for Sawyer and Jack helped her to accept that. Because from "What Kate did" we know she had doubts with Sawyer, always seeing Wayne in him when she felt something for him. But with Jack´s help in a way she overcame her doubts and in "I do" she chooses Sawyer. So Jack fixed the girl (Kate) and saved her (he but his life in danger and sacrificed his destiny so that she will be safe). Jack saw Sawyer&Kate on that sceen and he finally realized it. That her heart is with Sawyer and he knew what to do, he wasn´t afraid anymore. He told Ben he´d do the surgery in "I do" with so much self control, he was so sure and in control during his actions. So yeah I think that´s what was the purpose of that little story. And to keep up with something from the pilot and to make something meaningful out of the whole triangle (mess), give it a frame. I didn´t see that one coming and given this, I´ve no doubts the writers will answer a lot of other questions this season and in the course of the show.

Sorry for the rambling but I couldn´t get it out of my head so I had to write it down

Lost is back and to me it´s still great TV entertainment. Can´t wait to see "our" island and the other Losties next week!

Last edited by ALEXA82; 02-11-2007 at 04:23 AM
Old 02-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

I think the girl whom Kate talked was Jack´s wife, Sarah. I don´t know why. But that´s what I think.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

Yeah but why would that make Kate cry? She doesn´t know a thing about Sarah. I really got the impression from EL acting it had to do with the J/K/S story...