Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Monalilly {Dom & Evi} #7: She's his "favorite girl on the planet".

Monalilly Appreciation Thread

^Banner by GracieLou^

Appreciation Threads
Evangeline Lilly/Dominic Monaghan Appreciation: Dating or just "Friends"
Evangeline/Dominic Appreciation Thread 2: Sshh it's a Seekrit!
Evangeline/Dominic Appreciation Thread 3: Monalilly: Squee!
Monalilly {Dom & Evi} #4: He was "really charmed" upon meeting her
Monalilly {Dom & Evi} #5: Because he is her Man
Monalilly {Dom & Evi} #6: "Dom and I have always connected."

Appreciation List
Elms
GracieLou
Elyx
ColdLinoleum
RoRowen
GracesAngel
virgo
Caliina
Jenna16
LostEvi
ComeAwayWithMe
CaughtintheMoment
othfan628
Leneoth
Anique
sugapiehoney
Jlaigle
Deiaa
spacekiddet32
Leona1986
Crystaline
xxCrashIntoMexx
blondiexo
Holly1985
Insanitic
BooPea78
ocFan18
MadiWillow
bbcountry

Evi on Dom

“Dominic can’t go anywhere without being recognized. I’ve experienced that a bit and seen his reaction. He is very encouraged by it. He sees it as these people are his supporters and he’s so glad to have that support. So he’s very cordial and I’ve got to see someone be very positive about it, because not everyone is like that.”

"Dominic and I love bugs and nature and the jungle," she says. "I love to get dirty."

"I remember my first audition in LA and I was sitting in a room with him (Dom). I'm a die-hard Lord Of The Rings fan, but I had no idea who he was. No idea, I saw him and thought, 'Huh, that guys is kind of familiar. That's really odd.' An hour later, I was still waiting to go in, because that's the way those auditions are, and somebody made a comment about Lord Of The Rings. And he started talking like he knew all about it. So, I was thinking, 'Who are you?' And all of a sudden it clued in, oh my goodness, you were MERRY in Lord Of The Rings!"

"Him and I used to run around the jungle together and we'd collect bugs and we would go, 'Oooo look at this one. Look what I found.' I mean, he could name every single bug. We're kind of a little bit freaky that way."

Evangeline will not officially confirm her relationship with a man whose most famous role was as a hobbit in Lord of the Rings. "It is still rumoured. Dom is a really spectacular person. And I'd rather leave it at that."

"Dom and I have always connected. We're both obsessed with bugs and when we were filming the pilot we'd run around the jungle collecting them! We have lots of fun playing together."

"I immediately got along with Dominic. He makes me laugh, made me discover typically English groups like The Streets, teases me on my Canadian accent..."

Dom on Evi

"We get along like a house on fire."

"Evie and I hung out for the entire pilot pretty much, because of our characters are kind of together, so we, too, became very close."

"We understand where the other is going. She's a beautiful girl and we're interested in the same things."

"She knows what's important to her, and she isn't willing to have those things change."

"We both have the ability to live in the moment," he says of Lilly, "and we both are not that impressed by what is thrown at you by the industry.”

"Isn't she pretty and sweet? She's a cutie."

"I think she's beautiful."

But Monaghan, also of Lord of the Rings fame, did admit that on first meeting Lilly he was "really charmed". "Here I was chatting with someone who didn't have an awful amount of experience in the world but was really into it, as opposed to a jaded actor who was bored with it all," he said.

"She is kinda cute."

"She's a breath of fresh air."

"She's a Christian, but she's a pottymouth."

"She's a very, very attractive woman. She's just very real. You know, what you see is what you get."

"She's not a good driver. She actually drove me home from work once and mounted the curb twice."

"Also Evy, Evangeline Lilly and I are very close."

"I've probably never admired another person more in my life than watching Evie deal with that," Monaghan says. "She mourned over the things that she lost — computers, photos — in the way anyone would. But she wasn't hysterical about it. The next day I said to her that the majority of people I know would be in the psychiatric ward. But Evie said, 'Look, it's just stuff.' The fact that no one lost their life was a blessing."

"I am constantly impressed and amazed by what she does. I hope she pulls it off." - (on her GG nom)

Dom and Evi

Dom: "Hi Evangeline"
Evi: "Hi honey."

Co-star Quotes
"Everybody got a whiff of that at the Golden Globes," said Somerhalder, who knew about the coupling before the rest of us. "But I can't get any love. Maggie Grace (Shannon) plays my sister. Emilie de Ravin (Claire) is engaged. Yunjin Kim (Sun) has a boyfriend. That leaves Evie (Lilly), and, well, you know about that." - Ian Somerhalder (USA Today)

Dominic Monaghan, who plays Charlie, has fallen in love with
co-star Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate in the series....
Emilie: "Yeah, that's right. They're sweet. It's not flaunted on set. I don't know when it happened, but there was definitely some attraction there." - Emilie de Ravin (Aussie Woman's Day)

"Emilie [de Ravin, who plays Claire] is engaged and Evangeline [Lilly, who plays Kate] is in love [with co-star Dominic Monaghan, who plays Charlie], so I've just adopted nine big brothers who look out for me," says Maggie, the oldest of three children. - Maggie Grace (Inside TV)

Since you know them both so well, who do you think would win in a fight between Dom and his girlfriend, Evangeline Lilly?
"That’s a good question. Evie’s pretty tight and fast, but Dom might fight dirty. You know, he’s a Manchester punk kid. Then again, she’s a girl. I don’t think he’d punch her. You know who would win? Whoever’s watching would win." - Jorge Garcia (Maxim magazine)

"Dominic [Monaghan] and Evangeline [Lilly] like to play "glow" miniature golf with those 3-D glasses." - Yunjin Kim

"We all go way back. Evie, Dom and I all got to know each other on the pilot and all that demands the physical and emotional discoveries of each other. As early as that they had intense feelings for each other." - Matthew Fox

Last edited by Jenna16; 06-04-2008 at 07:06 PM
Old 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread Jenna.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

New thread! Where's the title from?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Back in mid-November, Dom played DJ a couple of times on Indie 103.1 (the regular DJ was off on vacation or something). One of the songs Dom played was from the Amélie soundtrack. It was mentioned somewhere (here or LJ) that Evi is apparently a fan of the film. He dedicated the song to his favorite girl on the planet.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can I be added to the list? I'm in love with this couple. I've made a few avatars of them. And those quotes are so adorable. I really don't think the break-up rumor is true.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

^ Add you If you want, please share the avators you made of them
Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks!

Sure, I'll share. But I just got photoshop recently so they're not anything to brag about-

Old 02-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

Cute I like them!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Great icons MadiWillow.

becsgal220 posted this comment at IMDB.

Quote:
This report was flase anyways. My brother lives in Hawaii and saw Evi and Dom shopping together in a grocery store in January - very much together.

Last edited by Elms; 03-08-2008 at 04:24 PM
Old 03-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Long live Monalilly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elms (View Post)
Back in mid-November, Dom played DJ a couple of times on Indie 103.1 (the regular DJ was off on vacation or something). One of the songs Dom played was from the Amélie soundtrack. It was mentioned somewhere (here or LJ) that Evi is apparently a fan of the film. He dedicated the song to his favorite girl on the planet.
Awww! That is so cutie! Thanks!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Extreme Fan

E! News just did a segment on Dom's photo exhibit. Tonight is the opening night. They said Lost cast members will be there, including Evi. She's flying in to attend. I'm kind of surprised by that.

Last edited by Elms; 03-13-2008 at 09:01 PM
Old 03-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elms (View Post)
E! News just did a segment on Dom's photo exhibit. Tonight is the opening night. They said Lost cast members will be there, including Evi. She's flying in to attend. I'm kind of surprised by that.
Wow, I wasn't expecting that either. But it's cool to hear that.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

cant wait to see pics or vids from the event!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Elms!

Nothing of them together. Why am I even surprised. It's their MO.