Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Man Ben is just like 5-year-old !
He wants Juliet he kills her love ( i don't remember the name exactly)
he wants a daughter for himself he kills her mother and her boyfriend.
He has some serious issues. hahaha I love him.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kathy-
And what's with Ben asking them to make lists? Just like he had the others do on the survivors of O 815. Does he still have a data connection to look up info on these people? Will he determine who is "worthy" and who isn't? What will he do to those who do not meet his criteria? Just wondering.
I love the mentioning of the lists again! Ethan and Goodwin had to compile lists on the survivors. And there were people in a list for Michael to remember who to bring back (as if it was so complicated). Also, Jacob has a LIST. Which I'm assuming is just the who is "WORTHY"... I also wonder what makes you WORTHY. Can Jacob shun you? Can Jacob "kick you out of the club"? If so, I'm assuming that's how Ben got that tumor on his back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekiddet32
I don't know if something's "wrong" with me but I love Michael. I don't know why or how but I feel such compassion for him! He did all that for his son and he so obviously flashed his very human traits when he came clean to walt about what he did. He needed to come clean to the person who mattered the most in his life.

I don't know -- I like Michael.
I like Michael. I mean, you can see both sides of it. You can see the way he betrayed others, and in a way was very selfish. BUT THEN, you see what he risked for Walt, and that seems completely selfLESS. I love how this show isn't BLACK vs WHITE. And what people should understand when trying to figure Ben out, or Widmore.... is that no one on this show has been depicted as all bad, or all good. So what Ben says isn't all a lie, but I wouldn't say it's all exact truths either.

Quote:
Ben "doesn't kill innocent people?" Am I the only one who nitpicked the irony in that statement. Wow, that line may as well be the zenith of the ben character. He is responsible for a Dharma genocide and then he can just say, simply, "I dont kill innocent people?"
Oh, Ben doesn't kill innocent people. lol. Those people, according to the hostiles weren't innocent at all. I guess it's how you look at things. Maybe Jacob decided that these people had to be "dealt with". The slate had to be washed clean. Kinda like in the Bible with The Flood, kinda thing. It seems so horrible that he aided the hostiles in that killing, BUT the way he looked at it, he wasn't just doing meaningless killing. This was his PURPOSE.

Ben's a pretty complex character, I think. But you can definitely break it down. I mean, he really had no father, OR mother. In humanizing Ben, I really wanna find out what happened to Annie. Did Ben let her die with everyone else, or did he save her? Is she on the outside world? THAT would be interesting.

I've went through pages, and pages on other boards, and have seen very few people missed what looks to be a mic in Alex's ear in their trek. THAT'S what I'm most interested in.

With the whole Michael thing, I'm unsure of where his motivations were:
-overcome with guilt he sees redeption in killing freighter people to set his friends "free", to keep the island safe, therefore his friends.
-the only way to commit suicide is to seek the island's redeption, and so he must go back
OR is it a combination of the two?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's to save his friends, first off.
Then after if he wishes.. to kill himself.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Absolute Fan

For Teamluke
I noticed that thing in Alex's ear too, but I just guessed it was an earing or smth.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don'tknow what most people thought, but I could have inferred a lot of things without seeing the episode. Obviously Michael got guilted into returning to the island. But I still enjoyed seeing Michael. But it feels like we've went a long time without seeing other characters. There's not enough Sawyer in this episode!

I noticed the thing in her ear, but then disregarded it completely until someone else brought it up elsewhere. If I find the shots, I'll link 'em, because it was interesting. Some people did pass it off as jewellry, but to me, it looks like an old school mic hanging from the top of her ear. It's so subtle, and I hope it's important. ....

But then the real question would be why Alex is mic'ed. She couldn't have been "in on it", these are the people she loves most. I could definitely buy that Danielle faked out, though. ESPECIALLY if Ben manipulated her. I think Danielle's smart, but Ben could buy into it.... she's a logical girl. He'd say, Alex needs to get off the island (he could say she was pregant, or make something up), and that she won't leave without her mom, and her mom doesn't WANT off the island. Therefore, Danielle would fake it out, and we won't see her for a LONG, LONG time.

Of course the Karl dying thing could be apart of the plan, or not. I just feel that Danielle knew something. But then why was Alex mic'ed? I don't want it to be carelessness on prop department, or sound dep, I really want it to mean something. Maybe Ben blackmailed her somehow. But how? I wanna rewatch the episode SO bad.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I rewached that scene, and if you notice at the beginning of it, Alex keeps on fixing her by the side of that thing in her ear. But then I looked closer and it might just be something in her hair. I honestly don't know what it is.
But I don't think she knew Karl and her mom would die, cause you can see her reaction is sooo true. Actually Tania has a great performance in that scene.
I love how she says she's Ben daughter in the end."Like it's me you want. And you want me alive"
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
We never heard the stipulations pertaining to Michael and Walt leaving the island.

I HIGHLY doubt that if that's the case.. that he could just tell anyone he wanted.
They have control over his life OBVIOUSLY.. it's NOT up to him to tell the world whatsoever.
But from what we have heard (re: Ben's instructions to Michael right before he left the island), we know that Ben only told Michael that he shouldn't tell anyone what he did, not that he couldn't or there would be retribution. Therefore, as an audience, the logical conclusion is that Michael has chosen not to tell for personal reasons, most likely guilt. That is my speculation and contention based on what we've been given.

You clearly disagree (which is your right) but just so you know I find your sarcasm and need to capitalize everything exhaustive and childish. Your ideas are also just speculation. You assume (without having seen it) that Michael was told that he couldn't tell anyone about the island. I believe his motivation is guilt (and therefore a bit off) but that's my opinion.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelia_it_sky (View Post)
I rewached that scene, and if you notice at the beginning of it, Alex keeps on fixing her by the side of that thing in her ear. But then I looked closer and it might just be something in her hair. I honestly don't know what it is.
But I don't think she knew Karl and her mom would die, cause you can see her reaction is sooo true. Actually Tania has a great performance in that scene.
I love how she says she's Ben daughter in the end."Like it's me you want. And you want me alive"
I need to find the screencap I saw before, but I'm too lazy to go threw them now. I'll be sad if the one thing I notice (and I feel like I miss a lot) is just sound department, or props. However, to point out, it could be like a peice of rubble, she's a tough girl... Somenoe suggested it was jewelery... And there's a LOT of people I would buy wearing jewellry, Alex just isn't one of them.

She looked truly saddened yes. But what about Danielle. Do you think she knew something? Do you think Ben manipulated her?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodicWays (View Post)
But from what we have heard (re: Ben's instructions to Michael right before he left the island), we know that Ben only told Michael that he shouldn't tell anyone what he did, not that he couldn't or there would be retribution. Therefore, as an audience, the logical conclusion is that Michael has chosen not to tell for personal reasons, most likely guilt. That is my speculation and contention based on what we've been given.

You clearly disagree (which is your right) but just so you know I find your sarcasm and need to capitalize everything exhaustive and childish. Your ideas are also just speculation. You assume (without having seen it) that Michael was told that he couldn't tell anyone about the island. I believe his motivation is guilt (and therefore a bit off) but that's my opinion.
It's emphasis.
I'd rather capitalize than have to type in codes to bold it.
I didn't know there was a problem with adding significance to a word.

Anyways.. I just don't see why they'd need to tell us exactly what happened when we already know how they all feel about the island in the first place.

He can't return with NO explination to the real world as to when and why he got home.. and most importantly HOW.
What is he going to say.. ?
That all the other survivors of the crash are being held hostage by people that already live on the island, but they let me go because I cut them a deal?
No one will believe that, and if they were to ask to take them to the island.. what's he going to say?
I can't, it's in a time warp and you may just go crazy if you don't follow exact coordinates?
LOLLLL.

It's not UP to Michael.
It's simple..
He can't even KILL himself, he has absolutely no control over his life whatsoever.
So I can't see why you still need to have all the info spoon fed to you when it's already right infront of your face.

It's not "my opinion"; it's what the show has told us.
Indirect or not.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamluke. (View Post)
I need to find the screencap I saw before, but I'm too lazy to go threw them now. I'll be sad if the one thing I notice (and I feel like I miss a lot) is just sound department, or props. However, to point out, it could be like a peice of rubble, she's a tough girl... Somenoe suggested it was jewelery... And there's a LOT of people I would buy wearing jewellry, Alex just isn't one of them.

She looked truly saddened yes. But what about Danielle. Do you think she knew something? Do you think Ben manipulated her?
I don't think Danielle knew something, but I'm sure she's suspected as much. And I guess the moment she saw Karl dead she understood everything, aand that's why she said "I love you" to Alex.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

I finally made it here to post my thoughts but I forgot most of it now, Micheal was quilted into getting on that boat back to the island, guess he is trying to redeem himself for killing those girls, he tried to kill himself but was unsuccessful, whats that all about they cannot die once they leave the island? this whole ordeal is messing with Michaels head big time. Wow that Whitmore dude is like whoa, he dug up those graves and went all out to fake the plain crash, WTH!!!!!

That was messed up Karl and the mom being set up to be killed and only the daughter survived, but the mom is usually pretty sharp, I am surprised she did not see that coming.

Sayid - I am not sure why he gave up Michael but he must have a reason, he usually does not do things without thought behind it.