Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Ok, so I know there has been a couple of people who mentioned the whisperings of "Elizabeth"...but did anyone hear the "wake up"?? After 'Elizabeth' there was some muffling that I couldn't make out, but after that I could have SWORN they said "Wake up" my mom and I both reacted simultaneously and said..."Did that just sound like they said, 'Wake Up'"? I could be going nuts, but that's what I heard.

"In my life, there is only one person..." - Vaughn
Old 05-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Was You
Ok, so I know there has been a couple of people who mentioned the whisperings of "Elizabeth"...but did anyone hear the "wake up"?? After 'Elizabeth' there was some muffling that I couldn't make out, but after that I could have SWORN they said "Wake up" my mom and I both reacted simultaneously and said..."Did that just sound like they said, 'Wake Up'"? I could be going nuts, but that's what I heard.
hmmm what could that mean? I was just thinking like maybe they don't want Libby dead and want her to wake up?

Then they should have taken her the first time around if she is a quote: good person

Ugh, that term for the others makes me nauseaus.

omg guys! how cool is this: my friend saw the actor who plays Henry Gale on the street yesterday!!!! He said that the third season is going to be incredible

let's hope so!

Syd&Vaughn Buffy&Spike Lee&Kara Michael&Maria
Old 06-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

I had to bring this over from TWoP. It's a wishlist for S3 that I found too funny not to share.

originally posted by murlough:

In keeping with the "Season Two Wishlist" that we started last summer, let's see how many of our far-fetched hopes for this show actually come true next season.

Here's what I want from Santa Cuse and the Lindelof Fairy:

- Have characters react logically to their environment. When some freaky-as-hell crap happens such as random shootings or blinding flashes of light, people need to remember these things and be scared of them or excited by them or whatever. It needs to resonate in future episodes. Most people doesn't see/hear about stuff like that and just go "oh whatever" and go back to their business. (Unless you're Rose, I guess.)

- Let the redshirts do stuff. I know, it means you have to pay extras in order to let them have lines. Take it out of your CGI budget; it'll help the show's believability on both ends. The reshirts don't have to get flashbacks or increasingly convoluted backstories. I just want to see that they're something more than mindless sheep who quietly go along with whatever the main 14 (or however many characters) say they should do. Hell, if you want to be really daring, have an episode with a B-plot devoted to a secret shared among the redshirts that none of the clique-ish main cast knows about.

- Locke and Eko had damn well better be alive.

- But the hatch had damn well better have gotten blowed up real good. It's too much of a convenience for the Lostaways, and a crutch for the writers in terms of being a wellspring of props and supplies.

- Have someone (other than Sawyer) challenge Jack and Locke's leadership. I'd like to see them fall from grace and not get to call the shots for a few episodes.

- If you choose to spend time on the off-island Penny story, keep it to a minimum. Lost won't be Lost if you spend too much time away from the island that isn't spent on flashbacks.

- Don't advertise it ahead of time when you're going to kill somebody. I know; advertising a death in an episode trailer might draw in more viewers. But it ruins the surprise for dedicated viewers, who might choose to turn out when the show no longer packs the surprising punch for them that it once did.

- Also, don't use dream sequences in episode trailers. It's just cheap and misleading.

- In general, I'm actually fine with the trailers being misleading as to the focus of the actual episode. That's good for the surprise factor. Just don't promise us something more amazing/shocking than what you're actually going to deliver. Advertise something on the level of what we're actually going to get when we tune in. Deflated expectations due to trailers are what I think is causing a lot of us to rate episodes lower than we otherwise would.

- Flashbacks are there to teach us something new about the character being focused on. Please use them wisely, and if you can't, it's fine to spend a little less time within an episode on them.

- On-island flashbacks are fine from time to time. They've worked well this year, when filling in gaps for a character who had been missing for a while.

- It's fun when you make cute little nods to fan questions. Just don't get so giddy over the fact that people are so curious about the intimate details of your show that you spend so much time focusing on what a small segment of fans wants to see. In other words, if you're going to respond to nitpicks and/or give fans of an obscure character something to geek out over, make sure it integrates well into the overall story. Don't assume that just because your show is a big cultural phenomenon right now, that you can rest on the meta-cuteness and all that to carry the show.

- Film some Walt flashbacks ASAP, that you can still use a few seasons later when Macolm David Kelly is way too old for his character to stil be believable.

- Don't introduce a major character if you don't have a long-term story arc planned for that character.

- Damon Lindelof's mouth should be duct taped during all future podcasts. Failing that, a sarcasm quota should be imposed on him, such that no more than 25% of his sentences are allowed to be sarcastic, thus requiring him to actually answer a question, or admit when there's a question that he can't answer at that given moment. "Or is it?", and all such variants of that setence, should be excised from his vocabulary.

Genius.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 06-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hilarious.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

LOL! Gotta agree with most of those.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:08 AM
New Fan

Ah, I love TWOP and some of the brilliant minds who post there. That was great!
Old 06-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Loyal Fan

what's TWOP?

I love Damon and Carlton. They are soooo funny. If they ever wrote a comedy, it would be hysterical. The two of them are sooooo hysterical.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi
I think more than anything concerning the finale, the season really, was how the Walt situation was handled. Like you mentioned, we never found out why the "Others" wanted him so badly. What made him so special...nor why they let him go after all the hoopla of taking him in the first place. Faux Henry himself said they would never give Walt back, yet, the finale shows them giving Michael the boat and cordinates to get back home, siting they got more from Walt than what they bargained for.
If it's any consolation though, NotHenry didn't look too pleased with the fact that they were letting him go. Methinks the order came from higher up, from someone not on the Island, from HIM whoever he may be. NotHenry was probably super pissed off because he'd made a big point of being all, "They'll NEVER give you Walt", and now it turns out plans have changed and he had no say in it.

Quote:
It would have been great to see an episode this season devoted strictly to the "Others" and what they were doing with Walt all that time, along with what happened to the other kids and people they snatched. Of course, we wouldn't have gotten any concrete answers on why they took these people, but it would have given us some idea, not to mention, since we know they have been observing the survivors, seeing through their eyes any observations would have been insightful as well.
Agreed. What would be good is if they'd already filmed stuff for season 3, not just with Walt, but also with the other kids that were taken from the tail section. That way they could show what was going on with them, and still have them looking the right age. It was always gonna be a problem having a boy hitting the serious growth spurt age as a major character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewashed_blues
what i'm curious about (and maybe someone already noted this) is why they wanted jack, kate, and saywer in the first place.
I've got no theories on that, other than the writers wanted to free up the "Leader of the Losties" position to give Sayid more screentime next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekiddet32
what's TWOP?
TelevisionWithooutPity. They have (snarky, sarcastic and often hilarious) episode recaps and forums for heaps of shows, including Lost.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee
If it's any consolation though, NotHenry didn't look too pleased with the fact that they were letting him go. Methinks the order came from higher up, from someone not on the Island, from HIM whoever he may be. NotHenry was probably super pissed off because he'd made a big point of being all, "They'll NEVER give you Walt", and now it turns out plans have changed and he had no say in it.

There did appear to be some dissention amongst the ranks, didn't it? Bea and Tom's little tiff and Not Henry asking Tom why he didn't have on his beard.

Hmm...
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

Ok just my two cents on a couple of issues.

As far as Walt being special, we've known for a long time that Walt has some sort of "power." Remember the bird that died in season one. Also the fact that Walt's stepfather didn't want anything to do with him after the mother died. He knew something was up with Walt.

Now the point of letting Michael and Walt go. Go where? As Desmond has already proven there's nowhere to go. I'm sure the "Other's" know that they'll be back, it's just a matter of time and well let's face it, they've got all the time they need.

While I'm at it I have a question to pose. Remember when Jack's father and Ana Lucia went to see that woman and we found out that apparently he has a daughter that lives in Sydney? Anyone think that maybe it's Claire and that she and Jack are half brother and sister? Just something to think about. The only way it would come out now is if they do blood work on Jack...remember they already did test on Claire. I just found it odd that they would reveal something like that to the viewer and then Ana dies.

Icon
Old 06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
Ok just my two cents on a couple of issues.

As far as Walt being special, we've known for a long time that Walt has some sort of "power." Remember the bird that died in season one. Also the fact that Walt's stepfather didn't want anything to do with him after the mother died. He knew something was up with Walt.

Now the point of letting Michael and Walt go. Go where? As Desmond has already proven there's nowhere to go. I'm sure the "Other's" know that they'll be back, it's just a matter of time and well let's face it, they've got all the time they need.

While I'm at it I have a question to pose. Remember when Jack's father and Ana Lucia went to see that woman and we found out that apparently he has a daughter that lives in Sydney? Anyone think that maybe it's Claire and that she and Jack are half brother and sister? Just something to think about. The only way it would come out now is if they do blood work on Jack...remember they already did test on Claire. I just found it odd that they would reveal something like that to the viewer and then Ana dies.

PEANUT!!!!! How are you? Man! Long time, noooo chit chat.

There's a great deal of speculation that Claire and Jack my very well be half-siblings. When and how that will come back into play...who knows.

I would love to believe Micheal and Walt have been sent on a wild goose chase, just to return later. But honestly...how do they return to the camp without Micheal being cruxified by the camp? He killed two of his own, one intentionally. His betrayal waters run pretty deep.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Truthfully, I don't really mind if Michael doesn't come back, because as you say Darbi, he's not exactly gonna get a warm welcome back at camp after Hurley has told them all he's the one who killed Ana and Libby. I don't really see what else they can do with his character, because there's really no redeeming him at this point.

Walt is the character that really needs more screentime. I've been thinking about this a little bit too much and have come up with the spec that that wasn't actually Walt on the boat at the end.

That kid was the complete opposite to the hysterical kid we saw when he had the previous meeting with Michael. He didn't ask any questions about his friends being tied up. He didn't even ask about Vincent. Either it's just a poorly written scene, or that wasn't actually Walt, and the Others just tricked Michael into leaving the island so he won't interfere anymore.

I'm not sure how they could have pulled that off though. I mean, astral-projection of someone who looks like Walt is one thing, (and we can safely assume that we've seen that before when Shannon and Sayid saw him), but whoever was on the boat was obviously flesh and blood.

Maybe they made a little Walt clone and rapidly aged him so they could easily fool Michael into believing the kid on the boat is actually his son. So Jack, Kate and Sawyer will be taken back to CampOthers and reunited with original recipe Walt who is still on the Island, and even though he looks older (which is inevitable because of the age of the actor) they'll be able to explain it away if they reveal that the Others mess around with rapid aging. Perhaps?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedisakora
My sister and i were talking about the toe and she said in the Odessy the place where the Cyclops lived has a statue of a thing infront of it with 4 toes. I also think a good twist would be that the island could be Atlantis.
I thought that Island might be atlantis too, [disappeared into the sea]
at very least it means people were on Island a long time ago?

The others demanded hurley to be brought along, but then just used him as messenger?? they could have used anyone for that !

why did they want jack,sawyer ,and kate ,? well maybe they are looking for decendents of people who were on island originally, and that is why they checked michaels blood?
I dont think the writers on this show know the answers themselves so thats why they dont answer many questions LOL
I heard boone and shannon might turn up alive next season, I hope so
I also missed the Russian jack , will have to watch again I guess.

will kate ever choose between jack and sawyer?? I doubt it for at least another 2 years

Well hope next season is better than S-2 was.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Unsticking, but please continue to discuss folks!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw this as the bottom of the thread and I thought, no: i can't do this.

So, I'm putting it on the top by commenting, but I've definitely stated a trillion times how I found the finally dissapointing. I was even shocked by some of the good grades it got.

maybe it's just me...?