Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Elite Fan

I think this sentence is subject to multiple interpretations, like almost everything in Lost... and yes, there's tears... watch it again!

If you guys have another opinion, big deal... whatever!
{Jack♥Kate} {James♥Juliet} {Edward♥Bella} {Lucas♥Peyton} {Meredith♥Derek} {Vaughn♥Sydney} {Mulder♥Scully} {Brennan♥Booth} {Dawson♥Joey} {Ross♥Rachel} {Buffy♥Spike} {Angel♥Cordy} {Michael♥Sara} {Mike♥Susan}

Icon: BehindGreenEyes
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilian_fan (View Post)
So, did you watch the episode???

If no, I can post the video here...
lol. So she cries because she says: "I've always been there with you" to Jack.
not because what happened, not because she lost michael, jin..SAWYER.
Hum..ok.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateGirl88 (View Post)
lol. So she cries because she says: "I've always been there with you" to Jack.
not because what happened, not because she lost michael, jin..SAWYER.
Hum..ok.
You really need to re-watch the episode
{Jack♥Kate} {James♥Juliet} {Edward♥Bella} {Lucas♥Peyton} {Meredith♥Derek} {Vaughn♥Sydney} {Mulder♥Scully} {Brennan♥Booth} {Dawson♥Joey} {Ross♥Rachel} {Buffy♥Spike} {Angel♥Cordy} {Michael♥Sara} {Mike♥Susan}

Icon: BehindGreenEyes
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilian_fan (View Post)
me? I don't think so.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

I watched the episode just fine, and I didnt find any romantic vibes

Last edited by chemistry86; 02-06-2009 at 11:16 AM
Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is totally inappropriate.The fact that some people don't agree with you doens't mean that they don't get the episode.Nobody here said that you didn't get the episode,that's your intepretation,this is our interpretation.

There's no need to say something like that.You're wrong.You can think that it was a romantic line,a declaration and that it's all about Sawyer,it's your opinion.But you you have to respect other people who has one different from yours.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Are you people serious? stop please.

we've decided along time ago that Jaters, Skaters and Non-Shippers see totally different shows. What YOU see is different from what any other watcher would see, for obvious reasons.

it doesnt mean its not there, it means it is different. could we all agree to disagree?
Simply put -- It's good-bye."
The End's Script
Shephard & Austen
Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Im laughing right there with you Dreia, if "I've always been there with you" is supposed to be romantic, then I've missed something. I think some people need to stop watching Imaginary Lost because I didnt see any tears. Jack literally asked her to have his back when he told the others to lie to which she replied she has alwasys been with him, aka supportive of his choices

Then again, Evi's acting with Matt is always incredibly underwhelming so maybe the scene just fell flat
Um, you can laugh all you want but you guys really need to grow up and get a life. Oh, and realise that this board is not Fish Biscuit land. This board is for both Skaters, Jaters, AND non-shippers. You may not agree that the sentence was romantic or even meant to be impretreted as romantic. But that's YOUR opinion. For someone who believes that Kate doesn't love Jack but somehow ended up living with him and saying YES to marrying him because she was taken over by her "Monica" alter-ego, I find it just a little suprising that you are accusing us of watching Imaginary Lost. I'm sorry but... are you really expecting to be taken seriously?

Quote:
This is totally inappropriate.The fact that some people don't agree with you doens't mean that they don't get the episode.Nobody here said that you didn't get the episode,that's your intepretation,this is our interpretation.
I think you'll find that you're the ones being totally "inappropriate". You are the ones that are making mocking comments and generally trying to get reactions from people. brazilian_fan is entitled to her opinion, as are you, but making comments about how matt and evi have no chemistry, jate scenes are never romantic etc. etc. (i could quite easily go on) is asking for a reaction. Stop delibrately trying to shove your opinions down other people's throats. This is a general episode discussion thread, if you didn't notice. Kthnx.
there are tears in my eyes
love replaces fear
j&k | some things last for eternity
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Um, you can laugh all you want but you guys really need to grow up and get a life. Oh, and realise that this board is not Fish Biscuit land. This board is for both Skaters, Jaters, AND non-shippers. You may not agree that the sentence was romantic or even meant to be impretreted as romantic. But that's YOUR opinion.
Are you serious? Atleast if your going to comment go back and get the history of the thread. Let me show you brazilian_fan's posts m'kay?

Quote:
Does this not imply that Skaters are unintelligent for not believing that it was a romantic delcaration? Read back, Skaters were goaded, taunted and insulted for having their own opinions about the Jate non-kiss and the "I've always been with you" comment. So yeah if your going to be biased dont bother correcting us, thanks! Have fun lurking Fisbuistland though, it has some interesting reads
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartscollide (View Post)
Um, you can laugh all you want but you guys really need to grow up and get a life. Oh, and realise that this board is not Fish Biscuit land. This board is for both Skaters, Jaters, AND non-shippers.
Oh no. Now you were rude. You don't need to bring other foruns to this conversation.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
. For someone who believes that Kate doesn't love Jack but somehow ended up living with him and saying YES to marrying him because she was taken over by her "Monica" alter-ego, I find it just a little suprising that you are accusing us of watching Imaginary Lost. I'm sorry but... are you really expecting to be taken seriously?
I never said Kate didn't love Jack, I just don't believe she is in love with him for the right reasons. And she married him because they were going through the same ordeal and bonded imo. I mean she didnt have that many options did she? She is fugitive with a kid, who else would have her? And yeah she is fake when she is with Jack, its not only me saying this, many reviewers did too, or perhaps you skip the ones that dont say anything good for Jate? I dont need to be taken seriously by someone I dont know, so what kind of question is that?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
Are you serious? Atleast if your going to comment go back and get the history of the thread. Let me show you brazilian_fan's posts m'kay?

Does this not imply that Skaters are unintelligent for not believing that it was a romantic delcaration? Read back, Skaters were goaded, taunted and insulted for having their own opinions about the Jate non-kiss and the "I've always been with you" comment. So yeah if your going to be biased dont bother correcting us, thanks! Have fun lurking Fisbuistland though, it has some interesting reads
Right, and this post:

Quote:
I dont get the smug arrogance in this thread sometimes. Maybe they cut out the Jate kiss because they realized it was like watching two pre-pubescent teenagers splashing around the kiddy pool. Why on earth would I want to see that when I can see this; you know a pairing with REAL chemistry?
Is not bashing and insulting Jate itself and insulting Jaters for having OUR opinions?

Riiiiiight. Somehow, I find everything that you've said more offensive and "goading" than what any of us Jaters have said. If you'd had the maturity, you would have just ignored that ever-so-slightly teasing comment from brazillian_fan. And yes, I have read back so I do know what I'm talking about, thanks. If you truly believe that this kiss between Jack and Kate was cut, even though ABC were allowed to put it in their LOST promo which featured several other scenes that have yet to be shown, all because it wasn't considered important enough, then you really are delusional. I'm not being rude there, I'm just stating the truth.
there are tears in my eyes
love replaces fear
j&k | some things last for eternity
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned

How is that bashing? Thats MY opinon as to why the Jate kiss was cut, based on the fact that I think the pairing has no chemistry. Thats my subjective opinon, Im not going to change it:

Besides my point is, if your going to say something offensive dont be a hypocrite and call other people out for doing the same thing
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I watched the episode just fine, and I didnt find any romantic vibes
That's because, IMO, there were none. Kate declared "I have always been with you" after Jack asked her about backing him up with the lie. She's always had his back on the Island. She was his lieutenant (TM, Evi Lilly), she's Island 2nd In Command. Has she "always been with" Jack romantically? Of course not. While on the Island, she was with Sawyer. So unless Kate meant "I have always been with you Jack...even while I was banging Sawyer in the cages/on the beach, and even while I was offering up my own life for him ("I will do anything you want!") and even while I was sleeping in his arms in New Otherton after you declared your love for me!"...then was it romantic? Hardly.

If it was meant to be a romantic declaration, then Kate would have said "I WILL always be with you". She spoke in past-tense, and let us not forget the fact that she said it in a 3-year-old flashback. 3 years in the future, we know that she and Jack do not "have each others' backs" as they once did on the Island, during their missions. Jack abandoned Kate with Aaron for years, and then chose drugs/alcohol over a relationship with her; Kate got in her car and drove away from a drugged out Jack, and she showed no interest in helping him get cleaned up.

If that is meant to be seen as "having each others' back", then...well, sorry, but

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noraabs (View Post)
Are you people serious? stop please.

we've decided along time ago that Jaters, Skaters and Non-Shippers see totally different shows. What YOU see is different from what any other watcher would see, for obvious reasons.

it doesnt mean its not there, it means it is different. could we all agree to disagree?
I agree completly

People need to be respectful of everyone's opinons - STOP with the be-littling of people's posts and mocking in general.

We will never agree - lets not try and make each other see what we want over certain lines - Lets talk about the episide in GENERAL and if you dont want to, if you want to convince yourselves of certain feelings and mock some people's views then go to your ship thread.... Lets not have it here...

This is getting so pathetic on other forums aswell, threads are continuing to be closed simply because people can't respect opinions - Like Heartscollide said - it's an OPINION - Lets be Mature.