Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olga *) (View Post)
I've just seen this episode.. I think it's not bad! But something i didn't like
1. Why the Others has gone and why Lokke decided to go with them.. Although i hate him, i'll be miss without his sometime stupid acts
2. the fight between kate and Juliet. Kate was so rude, although that woman saved her and Saywer's lifes..
First of all, you can hardly call Locke stupid because he always knows what he's doing.. The episode where he blew up the place *accidently* was not what he had us and kate and sayid believe. He knew very well what he was doing. remember the C4 that he took from there? What was his reason? God only knows, maybe we will find it out in the upcoming episodes.

Oh and I think Locke decided to go with the others because of his dad, I think he wants to get back on his father and take revenge or whatever, anyways his decision to go with them has to do with the fact that they have his father.

Second Kate had EVERY right to be RUDE with Juliet.. The woman was totally vicious with Kate and Sawyer when they were captive, remember the episode when Sawyer gets a hold of a rifle and beats up this guy, one of the others (whom Juliet killed when she was ORDERED to help them escape by ben) and she asked Sawyer to give up the gun or she would kill Kate. Sawyer had to give up the rifle and when Kate asked him why he did that he said Juliet could have killed Kate if he hadn't dropped the rifle? 'Cause she was totally capable of killing!! AND besides Juliet only helped them escape for her own benefits. Ben asked Juliet to help Kate and Sawyer escape cause then Jack wouldn't have had operated on him and if she hadn't done that he wouldn't have let Juliet get out of the island.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hunniah, I guess, you're right I didn't mean that he IS stupid, i just mean he made sometimes silly acts, moreover, he is clever. there are so much examples in previous 1 and 2 seasons .. I think and hope Locke will find the place in real life with Others or without, and will be happy at list..

I agree about Kate's experiences and fears, as she doesn't know Juliet at all, but in the last episode she (Juliet) was so unhappy, deceived and defenceless, so it seemed to me, she doesn't deserve such attitude.. But of course, it isn't Kate's fault too.

my LJ
Old 04-07-2007, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

I actually agree with Kate's mom.... Kate just killed the man she loved. Was he a good man? No, but it was her decision to stay with him. Kate killed him out of her own guilt and pain of watching her mom humilated, not because her mom tried to leave him but couldn't, or something along those lines. Kate ended up not helping her mom, but hurting her more. Was turning her into the police the best thing to do? I'm not sure, but killing a guy defintaly isn't.

Anyway, this episode seemed pretty filler, nothing really interesting, dramatic or comedic happened. Next.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

of course killing the human - is not justification even for her feelings in good attitude to her mother.. it's monstrous act, only God can take away human's life..
But kate is still her daughter.. Although Kate's mother lost her beloved husband, she has now only one close person, who wish to her only better..

my LJ
Old 04-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Was he a good man? No, but it was her decision to stay with him. Kate killed him out of her own guilt and pain of watching her mom humilated, not because her mom tried to leave him but couldn't, or something along those lines. Kate ended up not helping her mom, but hurting her more. Was turning her into the police the best thing to do? I'm not sure, but killing a guy defintaly isn't.
The whole Diane/Wayne thing is so unbelievable. If the writers had done their research properly, it's a known fact that women who stay in abusive relationships don't do it out of love. It's so far fetched that after all those years of being abused that Diane still loved him as much as she did.

No real mother turns her back on her child like that, let alone sacrifice them to the slaughter. I think this whole Diane/Kate/Wayne storyline was written horribly.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
No real mother turns her back on her child like that, let alone sacrifice them to the slaughter. I think this whole Diane/Kate/Wayne storyline was written horribly.
You'd be surprised at the number of mothers who would choose their husbands over their children in cases where a child complains of abuse by the father/stepfather.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
You'd be surprised at the number of mothers who would choose their husbands over their children in cases where a child complains of abuse by the father/stepfather.
True. It's not right, but it happens.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think what Kate did was right but her mother can't rejected her own child like that. Kate did something horrible but her mother should still love her anyway. She is her daughter!

The Kate/Juliet scenes were good. I still don't like Juliet but I'm glad she told Kate that Jack knows.

Sawyer the leader? For me it's ridiculous. I didn't like that at all.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think what Kate did was right but her mother can't rejected her own child like that. Kate did something horrible but her mother should still love her anyway. She is her daughter!

Kate murdered Diane's husband because of her own selfishness and insecurities. She blew up the Jansens' home in order to murder Wayne and drag Diane into an insurance scam. And Kate conducted the insurance scam in the first place in order to lie to herself that she was trying to save her mother. Then she lied to Diane about why she killed Wayne.

If I had been Diane, I would have turned her in to the cops. Hell, even Kate's stepfather was willing to turn her in. Only, he was kind enough to give her a half hour headstart. Then again, Kate didn't wrong Sam Austen.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:22 AM
MST Manager

Yes, there is no way the mother could stay quiet about those crimes.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah no way at all
Icon: ?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:42 PM
MST Manager

I loved the Sawyer and Hurley scenes.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

i'm so bad with episode titles - i know the big ones but like some i have to go and read synopsis and then i'm like oh ok that ep
Old 01-24-2015, 11:50 AM
MST Manager

I know all of the titles (thanks to doing a Lost quiz on Sporcle where you have to name all of the episodes). I can't always remember which scenes belong to which episodes though.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

i think i would fail that quiz epically