Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Josh/Evi Friendship thread #4: If she needed a shoulder to cry on, she'd go to Josh!

Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lilly Friendship Appreciation Thread

Quotes about Evi from Josh

*My favourite moment was right before the kiss with Evi. The build-up to that – the excitement, the tension, the sex between them – is cool*

*Of course, just as the director was about to push in for a close-up and the kiss, we had to wrap for the day. Talk about a bummer.*

*Evi is truly amazing. She’s so giving as a person and actress and a pleasure to work with.*

*I did as many takes on the kiss scene as I could! Evi and I talked about it. I asked: "Do you want to do the Hollywood kiss or do you want to do a real kiss?" She was like: "I think we should do a real kiss."*

*"Evie is cool though and I do love working with her always. We have a great time on set."*

*"She's a wonderful, natural actress. And she ain't ugly."*

*"It's great, because neither of us really know where it's going, so we don't know exactly what to fully invest in, which actually plays on camera," Holloway said. "It's nice kind of not knowing. And one minute we're really kind of close and sappy, and the next minute we're like 'Who are you?' It's that thing. But our friendship has deepened quite a bit. We've been working together constantly and having to discuss these things and how we're going to do them and so forth. So it was good. And we're really proud of the way that love scene turned out, because we wanted it to be different. We wanted it to take some time and have some moments in the middle of it. Not just this crazy furious thing. Because it's been such a long time coming."*

*"I love working with Evie. She's such a little warrior. She was like, 'Throw me up against the bars. Do it again!"*

*"Evie and I have such a great friendship now. We so trust each other as actors, and that's so key, to be able to be vulnerable. To be able to really open up with each other, and we have a solid friendship and trust. And great relationship with my wife and her. There's a lot of trust there so we are able to actually live it, as best we can."*

*"You're dealing with physical scenes when you could really get wet and dirty and it's a little dangerous. As pretty and petite as she is, she'll go for it. So that's fun."*

*"It came as a surprise to me, but Evie is really quite a warrior," he says. "She is so petite and pretty, but she is fearless when it comes to taking the pain. I'll say, 'Oh, I don't want to really slam you into those bars,' and she'll say, 'No, throw me!'"Remember that scene where she shimmied up to the top of that big cage? She did that without ropes, over and over again, and I'm like: 'Dang, girl!' So that comes into it, too. I can't let a girl outdo me. I have three brothers. They'd never let me live that down!"*

*One memorable bit from the first six episodes was Sawyer's discovery of the fish shaped biscuits that would be rewarded from a machine in his cage, when a proper series of actions was completed. We asked Holloway how the fish biscuits were to actually eat, and he smiled, saying, "They're not bad, actually! They're kind of like butter cookies. They make them out of butter cookies, and that's it. I was eating them. Pretty tasty! And Evangeline, the funniest thing… I've said, she's such a warrior… I had to keep throwing her that biscuit, and she'd miss a few, and she'd just pick it up, brush it off, and... [Holloway mimes throwing a biscuit in his mouth] I was like, 'Yeah!'"*

*"Evie. She rocks! I'm so proud for her and she deserves it. She's such a little warrior. Are all Canadian girls that tough?"*

*"Apart from being a pretty girl with a hot bod, what makes Evie sexy is her willingness to play. I like a girl who's unafraid to get dirty and throw herself into the physical aspect of what we do. Evie's willing to be a little warrior, and I appreciate that. Yet she maintains her femininity. She's a tomboy, and that's sexy. Climbing out of those freaking cages and jumping down with no rope, no nothin' - she did it every single time, probably ten times. She got huge bruises. I'm protective of her because as our friendship has grown, I've seen that she does crazy s---. Stuff that a stuntperson should do. I'm like a scolding mother to her now. I'm like, 'Hey! That's enough of that! Let someone else do it.'"*

Quotes about Josh from Evi

*"I know that's really part of the Southern boy charm in him, part of how he makes people feel special... If i needed a shoulder to cry on, before anyone else in the cast, I'd go to Josh."

*"I told Josh, "There is going to be a tongue in this kiss", and he said, "Fine by me!"*

*"He’s the sweetest, most tender-hearted guy – and he’s sexy!"*

*"If you take Sawyer and make him really likable, you have Josh."*

*"The sexiest thing about Josh is his dimples. He's just got such a beautiful, genuine smile — it shines from inside out. Because he plays a bad boy on the show, people assume that's how he really is. But Josh is the warmest-hearted guy and he's so chivalrous. He will always carry a bag for a girl or open the door for her, and it's a really, really attractive quality. In so many ways he's a good, old-fashioned Southern man. I think that Sawyer has a very big and vulnerable heart, and I think Josh does, too."*

*"He's the guy who opens doors, carries the bags for woman and makes sure they feel protected. It's a very endearing quality."*

*"The directors did an amazing job and Josh Holloway is just... he's just shining. I think that, of the people I started working with, he's one of the people I'm most impressed with. How he's grown and learned and he's been just stunning everyone with his performances."*

*"I've watched him with women and he is an utter flirt. But it's genuinely sweet, because he makes women feel beautiful and special. My father was the exact same way, so I really understand Josh."*

*Josh actually DOES call me Freckles a lot off-screen because when he 1st read it he was like "Yeah, that's totally you! You're Freckles!"*

*...One time when the whole cast was together eating dinner, I was sitting next to Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer, and I turned to him and said, "Josh, how much of Sawyer is Josh?” He looked at me, with those dimples and that grin, and answered, "They're one and the same, honey." Then, I said to him, "How much of Kate do you think is me?” And, he just burst out laughing. "Do you even have to ask? You guys are the exact same person. You are Kate." And I started laughing. And said, "Not really. I think there's differences." He said, "There is not an iota of difference." "You are Kate. You're just not a criminal."*

*I think Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” is a great book too—I was actually given that book by Josh [laughs]! It doesn’t necessarily precisely depict Kate but could represent her in a strong way. He gave it to me for my birthday in season one, August 3rd. I didn’t read it until mid-way through season two, but I have been perpetually reminding him of it because it made such an impact on me. Josh and I have both chuckled many times over the fact that Sawyer and Kate are so similar to Josh and I. We have very tight correlations to our characters, so for us to both love that book and swear by that book…it doesn’t surprise me that we say that our characters could easily be represented by it.*

*What happens to your character in the third season?
"Kate spends a big part of it in a cage, since she was caught by The Others. I must say, Josh Holloway and I had a lot of fun in those cages!"*

*With months of shooting scenes almost exclusively with one another, Lilly and Holloway survived some of their most consistently emotional scenes side-by-side. "The pressure cooker is a good analogy because we have been in one," Lilly muses. "This show always mimics reality and reality always mimics this show. Josh and I have worked together a lot in the first two seasons, but not always. There may be a scene with Sawyer and Kate, and Jack will interrupt, or Kate will be defending Charlie from Sawyer, but we are usually interacting with the group as well. This was the first time where Josh and I walked in not knowing what the story or the dynamic would be. We were thrown into a situation where almost every single scene is just Josh and I. The scenes that involved other people were new people. These are new actors we are working with for the first time, so [at first] they are ultimately perfect strangers. Josh and I were the only familiar faces we got to see on set. There is an element of Kate and Sawyer that got thrust together because they were all each other had. In the same way, Josh and I have really had to trust one another and challenge one another because we are completely dependent on one another. I feel when we are doing scenes that that blends into the characters."*

*What was it like filming the sex scene with Sawyer earlier this series?
"I actually found that easier, as it was the second time I'd taken my clothes off and everything gets better with experience. Weirdly, I felt more covered because I was wrapped up by him. I felt safer."*

*"When I look around everyday at work I think 'wow, what if tomorrow, I don’t know… Josh Holloway was killed off the show? That would mean I’m no longer working and living and breathing with Josh Holloway the way I do so often on the show."*

Quotes about Evi and Josh from others

*There is such chemistry between Evangeline and Josh, such real heat.*
-Damon Lindelof-

*"They have a nice chemistry!"
"Yes." *
-Dominic Monahgan and Damon Lindelof- "The Moth" commentary"

1. KerBear
2. Liz01
3. Shiri Appleby
4. ::mavie::
5. Crystaline
6. Lovecat
7. ~*8Kay8*~
8. ScorpioGrl
9. IceKat055
10. your_konstantine
11. jhlover
12. Jenna16
13. aprilshowers
14. starznangelz
15. obsessed_aussie
16. _virgo_
17. Sheebs
18. CTUgal21
19. Juli236
20. Sawyer&Kate
21. Veronakat
22. Charmqn
23. iverson19
24. Hawthorn
25. chughes
26. Elms
27. jayta
28. Deiaa
29. how2savealife
30. ~Natali~
31. seduction
32. Shnicky
33. Anique
34. othfan628
35. Shipperaholic
36. HorrorRocky
37. Polly Green
38. toxicgurl169
39. eti207

Josh and Evi friendship in action!

I love him,more then anything!
Going to pee,going to pee!

Previous Josh and Evie Threads:

Josh & Evangeline Friendship Thread #1" B/C they have sizzling chemistry!
Josh & Evangeline Friendship Thread #2: "I love him! More than anything!" - Evie
Josh & Evangeline Friendship Thread #3: Because they're BFF!

So when you healed me, you risked all of this getting out, didn't you?
Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|

Last edited by Sawyer&Kate; 07-24-2007 at 05:24 AM
Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Sorry for taking it so long,FF was wonky.
Are you guys seeing the 3rd pic in the opening post?

Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|
Old 05-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for new thread
I can see the pic
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Supreme Fan

My pleasure.
Which one is it? It's probably my IE again.
Shiri,I'll add you as my friend tomorrow,I have to remember the password.

Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Total Fan

new thread!

I Think we should add this quotes:

about Evi from Josh:

"Apart from being a pretty girl with a hot bod, what makes Evie sexy is her willingness to play. I like a girl who's unafraid to get dirty and throw herself into the physical aspect of what we do. Evie's willing to be a little warrior, and I appreciate that. Yet she maintains her femininity. She's a tomboy, and that's sexy. Climbing out of those freaking cages and jumping down with no rope, no nothin' - she did it every single time, probably ten times. She got huge bruises. I'm protective of her because as our friendship has grown, I've seen that she does crazy s---. Stuff that a stuntperson should do. I'm like a scolding mother to her now. I'm like, 'Hey! That's enough of that! Let someone else do it.'"

"Evie. She rocks! I'm so proud for her and she deserves it. She's such a little warrior. Are all Canadian girls that tough?"

about Josh from Evi:

What was it like filming the sex scene with Sawyer earlier this series?

I actually found that easier, as it was the second time I'd taken my clothes off and everything gets better with experience. Weirdly, I felt more covered because I was wrapped up by him. I felt safer.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I felt safer
This is so sweet! I'm so happy they are comfortable with each other

Iva LJ is fun
{ max&liz #700
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

New thread!!!

Thanks

Iva, you can add me too XD

ETA: I love all the quotes >___<
They're such BFFs

adara . lucy . polly
one . two . trio
Old 05-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Great,Polly,I'm adding you and the quotes.
Shiri,I'll do it all tomorrow,now you pulled me into it,and I'll friend you immediately.
I love that quote. They're BFF! Thanks Deiaa!
Thanks for the pic,didn't see it.

Okay,and with this I'm off to sleep...I'll see you all tomorrow!

Yeah.
Why?
It was you.
|Max Evans + Liz Parker|

Last edited by Sawyer&Kate; 05-17-2007 at 02:18 PM
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love all the quotes >___<
They're such BFFs
And I love the fact that they shared the limo But where are the pics? It's so unfair!

Goodnight Iva
{ max&liz #700
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 05-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

New thread! I love the title!

Quote:
I actually found that easier, as it was the second time I'd taken my clothes off and everything gets better with experience. Weirdly, I felt more covered because I was wrapped up by him. I felt safer.
Wow, where is this quote from?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
New thread! I love the title!

Wow, where is this quote from?
here:

Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Deiaa, that's an awesome quote! They really are good friends offscreen.

Still, I don't know how she can kiss Josh and not think about it
Old 05-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Still, I don't know how she can kiss Josh and not think about it
I don't know how she does it either

and thanks for the adding

adara . lucy . polly
one . two . trio
Old 05-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread! I'll never understand how Evi sees Josh as a big brother. Yeah, he is about ten years her senior, but look at him!
Old 05-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

New thread!!!

How did I not notice this earlier?