Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

{Josh & Evi} #28: "Stars of the ABC series 'Lost' Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lilly." - cbsnews.

Welcome to the 28th Josh and Evangeline thread.

best friends forever

Nicole Evangeline Lilly was born on August 3, 1979, in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
She is a Canadian actress and fashion model. Before her outstanding performance as an actress,
Lilly was formerly an air hostess.Since fourteen, Lilly has been volunteering for children's project.
She has also joined the missionary group and traveled to over 14 countries.
It was no hard times at all for her even though she has to live in a grass hut in the Philippines jungles
for the consequence.Despite her joining the Peace Corps, she also founded and ran a
world development and human rights committee at the University of British Columbia.

The Ford modeling agency found Lilly on the streets of Kelowna, British Columbia. She later signed to the agency
so that she could pay her education expenses at the University of British Columbia. Since starting
her acting/modeling career, she has appeared in episodes of TV shows like Smallville (2002), Tru Calling (2003) and
the miniseries Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital (2004).
Evangeline also appeared as a model in the 2003 film Stealing Sinatra and as a corpse in 2005's The Long Weekend.

Evangeline is now the star of the sci-fi television playing the role of Kate Austen drama Lost, which scored a huge
hit for ABC, and she was named the second sexiest woman in the world by Maxim magazine in 2005.
Evangeline also has many other talents: she speaks French fluently and enjoys outdoor sports such as
ice skating, snowboarding, kayaking, and rock climbing.

Joshua Lee Holloway was born in California on July 20th,1969 (the day man first landed on the moon)
but he moved after only two years to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia. He is the second eldest of
FOUR boys and grew up in a rural trailer park, about 75 miles outside Atlanta.His father was a surveyor and
his mom stayed at home. His first job was picking up dead chickens at a farm.

After one year at the University of Georgia, "Josh" left
for financial reasons and began a modeling carrer, which led him to travel throughout Europe and North America.
But he soon realized that his calling was to the performing arts and returned to Los Angeles where he began LIGHTING UP
the small screen with apprearances on CSI, Navy NCIS, Walker Texas Ranger and Angel "Good Looking guy". He also appeared
in indies like Mi Amigo, Moving August and Cold Heart and in the music video "Cryin" by Aerosmith.

In 2004 he finally got his big break on ABC's new hit drama "LOST" in the role of the con man James "Sawyer" Ford.
After going out of his way to lessen his
southern accent to get a wider variety of work, he had to pick it back up for Lost and play the Southern charm at its finest!

He currently resides in Hawaii with his wife Yessica and their daughter, Java.

"Josh actually DOES call me Freckles a lot off-screen
because when he first read it he was like 'Yeah, that's totally you! You're Freckles
!
'"

Friendship in action
I love him, more than anything!
Going to pee, going to pee!
Hey, monkey!
Inspiration

Josh: You're naked!
Evi: Oh shut up!

The BFF's
1. KerBear
2. Liz01
3. Shiri Appleby
4. ::mavie::
5. Crystaline
6. Lovecat
7. ~*8Kay8*~
8. ScorpioGrl
9. IceKat055
10. your_konstantine
11. jhlover
12. Jenna16
13. aprilshowers
14. starznangelz
15. obsessed_aussie
16. _virgo_
17. Sheebs
18. CTUgal21
19. Juli236
20. Sawyer&Kate
21. Veronakat
22. Charmqn
23. iverson19
24. Hawthorn
25. chughes
26. Elms
27. jayta
28. Deiaa
29. how2savealife
30. ~Natali~
31. seduction
32. Shnicky
33. Anique
34. othfan628
35. Shipperaholic
36. HorrorRocky
37. Polly Green
38. toxicgurl169
39. eti207
40. Alessia20
41. Nymph Marty
42. 4brathan&brucas
43. Johnny_Skater
44. alljess
45. LillyLove
46. starryeyed15
47. allybubba
48. Kelly_Dylan
49. tatibsblp
50. ChemicalLover
51. carolilly
52. brendadylan1984
53. Satine_lilly
54. SkateGirl88
55. Stefi12
56. dreamer12
57. ||michelle||
58. Lazy
59. elanezinha
60. AlexandraMavier
61. Freckles87
62. tv-fan189
63. ~Amarula~
64. Christie
65. redrose13
66. NateScottLover
67. samy10
68. spotlight
69. I'm so behind...
70. LadyMorgana
71. Niahm
72. Isabelle13
73. Little_Grey
74. Demy
75. loveisrubyred
76. Sweetdaisy
77. LAshx
78. xoBrucasFan4everxo
79. _gloria
80. loveslullaby
81. lisegurl
82. effielive
83. skater_souny
84. ForeverFaraday
85. xkellyx

Quotes about Evi from Josh

"My favourite moment was right before the kiss with Evi.
The build-up to that – the excitement, the tension, the sex between them – is cool."

"Of course, just as the director was about to push in for a close-up and the kiss, we had to wrap for the day.
Talk about a bummer."

"Evi is truly amazing.
She’s so giving as a person and actress and a pleasure to work with."

"I did as many takes on the kiss scene as I could! Evi and I talked about it. I asked:
"Do you want to do the Hollywood kiss or do you want to do a real kiss?" She was like: "I think we should do a real kiss."

"Evi is cool though and I do love working with her always.
We have a great time on set."

"She's a wonderful, natural actress. And she ain't ugly."

"It's great, because neither of us really know where it's going, so we don't know exactly what to fully invest in, which actually plays on camera.
It's nice kind of not knowing.
And one minute we're really kind of close and sappy, and the next minute we're like 'Who are you?' It's that thing.
But our friendship has deepened quite a bit. We've been working together constantly and having to discuss these things and how we're going to do them and so forth. So it was good.
And we're really proud of the way that love scene turned out, because we wanted it to be different.
We wanted it to take some time and have some moments in the middle of it. Not just this crazy furious thing.
Because it's been such a long time coming."

"Evi and I have such a great friendship now. We so trust each other as actors, and that's so key, to be able to be vulnerable. To be able to really open up with each other, and we have a solid friendship and trust. And a great relationship with my wife and her. There's a lot of trust there so we are able to actually live it, as best we can."

"You're dealing with physical scenes when you could really
get wet and dirty and it's a little dangerous.
As pretty and petite as she is, she'll go for it. So that's fun."

"It came as a surprise to me, but Evi is really quite a warrior," he says. "She is so petite and pretty, but she is fearless when it comes to taking the pain.
I'll say, 'Oh, I don't want to really slam you into those bars,' and she'll say, 'No, throw me!'"
Remember that scene where she shimmied up to the top of that big cage? She did that without ropes, over and over again, and I'm like:
'Dang, girl!' So that comes into it, too. I can't let a girl outdo me.
I have three brothers. They'd never let me live that down!"

"One memorable bit from the first six
episodes was Sawyer's discovery of the fish shaped biscuits that would be rewarded from a machine in his cage, when a proper series of actions was completed.
We asked Holloway how the fish biscuits were to actually eat, and he smiled, saying,
"They're not bad, actually! They're kind of like butter cookies. They make them out of butter cookies, and that's it.
I was eating them. Pretty tasty! And Evangeline, the funniest thing…
I've said, she's such a warrior… I had to keep throwing her that biscuit, and she'd miss a few, and she'd just pick it up, brush it off, and...
[Holloway mimes throwing a biscuit in his mouth] I was like, 'Yeah!'"

"Evi. She rocks! I'm so proud for her and she deserves it. She's such a little warrior. Are all Canadian girls that tough?"

"Apart from being a pretty girl with a hot bod, what makes Evi sexy is her willingness to play.
I like a girl who's unafraid to get dirty and throw herself into the physical aspect of what we do. Evi's willing to be a little warrior, and I appreciate that.
Yet she maintains her femininity. She's a tomboy, and that's sexy.
Climbing out of those freaking cages and jumping down with no rope, no nothin' - she did it every single time, probably ten times. She got huge bruises.
I'm protective of her because as our friendship has grown, I've seen that she does crazy s---. Stuff that a stuntperson should do. I'm like a scolding mother to her now. I'm like,
'Hey! That's enough of that! Let someone else do it.'"

"I love the fact that she's so small and frilly and a girl, but she is so willing to warrior up and take a beating on Lost. She's tough. A tough little tomboy."

"With Evangeline, we’re very good friends.
It’s always better to have intimate scenes with an actress you feel pretty cool with.
What satisfies me and gets us close too, is that we’re not part of the list of the real disappeared ones of season 4.
Remember, at the beginning we were 48 survivors...Today, after the strike, Kate and I think we’re REAL survivors!"

Quotes about Josh from Evi

"When I first met Josh, I thought, what a flirt!
But I know that's really part of the Southern boy charm in him, part of how he makes people feel special.
If I needed a shoulder to cry on, before anyone else in the cast, I'd go to Josh."

"I told Josh, 'There is going to be tongue in this kiss', and he said, 'Fine by me!'"

"He’s the sweetest, most tender-hearted guy –
and he’s sexy!"

"If you take Sawyer and make him really likable, you have Josh."

"The sexiest thing about Josh is his dimples. He's just got such a beautiful, genuine smile — it shines from inside out.
Because he plays a bad boy on the show, people assume that's how he really is.
But Josh is the warmest-hearted guy and he's so chivalrous. He will always carry a bag
for a girl or open the door for her, and it's a really, really attractive quality.
In so many ways he's a good, old-fashioned Southern man. I think that Sawyer has a very big and vulnerable heart, and I think Josh does, too."

"Josh has no censor for who he'll flirt with. But it's such a genuinely sweet gesture because he makes that woman feel special. And that's his intention. He is a Southern gentlemen."

"He's the guy who opens doors, carries the bags for a woman and makes sure they feel protected. It's a very endearing quality."

"The directors did an amazing job and Josh Holloway is just... he's just shining. I think that, of the people I started working with, he's one of the people I'm most impressed with. How he's grown and learned and he's been just stunning everyone with his performances."

"I've watched him with women and he is an utter flirt.
But it's genuinely sweet, because he makes women feel beautiful and special.
My father was the exact same way, so I really understand Josh."

"One time when the whole cast was together eating dinner, I was sitting next to Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer, and I turned to him and said,
"Josh, how much of Sawyer is Josh?” He looked at me, with those dimples and that grin, and answered, "They're one and the same, honey."
Then, I said to him, "How much of Kate do you think is me?” And, he just burst out laughing.
"Do you even have to ask? You guys are the exact same person. You are Kate." And I started laughing. And said, "Not really.
I think there's differences." He said, "There is not an iota of difference." "You are Kate. You're just not a criminal."

"I think Ayn Rand’s “Atlas Shrugged” is a great book too—I was actually given that book by Josh [laughs]!
It doesn’t necessarily precisely depict Kate
but could represent her in a strong way. He gave it to me for my birthday in season one, August 3rd.
I didn’t read it until mid-way through season two, but I have been perpetually reminding him of it because it made such an impact on me.
Josh and I have both chuckled many times over the fact
that Sawyer and Kate are so similar to Josh and I.
We have very tight correlations to our characters, so for us to both love that book and swear by that book…it doesn’t surprise me that we say that our characters could easily be represented by it."

What happens to your character in the third season?
"Kate spends a big part of it in a cage, since she was caught by The Others. I must say, Josh Holloway and I had a lot of fun in those cages!"

With months of shooting scenes almost exclusively with one another, Lilly and Holloway survived some of their most consistently emotional scenes side-by-side.
"The pressure cooker is a good analogy because we have been in one," Lilly muses.
"This show always mimics reality and reality always mimics this show. Josh and I have worked together a lot in the first two seasons, but not always.
There may be a scene with Sawyer and Kate, and Jack will interrupt, or Kate will be defending Charlie from Sawyer, but we are usually interacting with the group as well.
This was the first time where Josh and I walked in not knowing what the story or the dynamic would be. We were thrown
into a situation where almost every single scene is just Josh and I. The scenes that involved other people were new people.
These are new actors we are working with for the first time,
so [at first] they are ultimately perfect strangers. Josh and I were the only familiar faces we got to see on set.
There is an element of Kate and Sawyer that
got thrust together because they were all each other had.
In the same way,
Josh and I have really had to trust one another and challenge one another because
we are completely dependent on one another. I feel when we are doing scenes that that blends into the characters."

What was it like filming the sex scene with Sawyer earlier this series?
"I actually found that easier, as it was the second time I'd taken my clothes off and everything gets better with experience.
Weirdly, I felt more covered because I was wrapped up by him. I felt safer."

"When I look around everyday at work I think 'wow, what if tomorrow, I don’t know… Josh Holloway was killed off the show? That would mean I’m no longer
working and living and breathing with Josh Holloway the way I do so often on the show."

"Josh is like the brother I never had and I love him - more than anything!"

"Yeah. You know, I will say that Josh was awesome. He suffered an enormous amount of abuse in these first six episodes out here in this cage...(Carlton Cuse)
"Ohhh my goodness.
And not just that, but like the whole show, I just finally reached a point where I would find myself on set feeling like the sister, running up beside him going like
'You can't throw him on the ground again!' Not Kate, but Evi. 'You can't do...! You need to really work that scene so he's not being thrown on the ground again, 'cause he's just destoyed, physically!'

"Josh and I have a very playful relationship. It's very natural, it's very organic, we're friends.
You know, we laugh, and everything is very easy, and when it comes to the work itself, I don't think either of us take it too seriously.
I can't think of too many scenes that Josh and I have actually sat down and in any kind of cerebral manner discussed.
It's very gutteral, it's very instinctive. We show up, we try it. Usually the first time we try it, we go "Sure okay."
And then we film it. So I think from him, i've learned so much about being in the moment, and just being relaxed and feeling safe."

Photoshoot Project
"As Lost reaches it's epic conclusion, amidst all the twists, turns, and shockers of the past five seasons, one constant that has remained for fans has been the explosive chemistry between Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Kate (Evangeline Lilly). Whether it was several feet away from each other in bear cages or oceans and time apart, those two characters have been a staple for many fans. In the final season, we would like to see more press associated with those two actors, namely a magazine photoshoot of the two. Sign the petition to request more photoshoots of Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lilly, because before you know it, the show will be over!"
sign the petition

1. Because we haven't seen two actors sharing the kind of chemistry Josh and Evi share.
2. Because they are confortable working with eachother.
3-Because if Evi ever needed a shoulder to cry on,she'd go to Josh before anyone else in the cast.
4.Because he loves working with her.
5.Because for Evi it wouldn't be the same,if she couldn't breathe the same air Josh does.
6.Because he's like the brother she never had.
7. Because even when Sawyer and Kate are kissing, Josh and Evi still find a way to goof around!
8-Because he said she's lovely.
9.Because he calls her monkey.
10. Because he calls her "Freckles" (and we die)
11.Because she loves him,more than anything.
12. Because they counted on them to make a scene "spectacular" before they even filmed it.
13.Because everyone remembers the I Do love scene and it's all because of Evi and Josh.
14.Because when Kate and Sawyer reunited,Josh and Evi were happy too.It was a reunion for them too.
15. Because Josh is Evi's inspiration
16.Because he thinks she's a little warrior.
17.Because they shared the first kiss ever on Lost.
18.Because that kiss had tongue and and it was fine by Josh.
19.Because for their second kiss,in TGB,Evi let him do it and she followed him.That's a team!
20. Because one of the reasons we love the commentary of "I Do" is these two goofs joking around.
21. Because Josh is very protective of her.
22. Because we don't know if we would like Kate and Sawyer if Josh and Evi weren't playing them.
23. Because we want them in a movie together.
"There is such chemistry between Evangeline and Josh, such real heat."
-Damon Lindelof-

#1: because they have sizzling chemistry!
#2: "I love him! More than anything!" - Evi
#3: Because they're BFF!
#4: If she needed a shoulder to cry on, she´d go to Josh
#5: He's the brother she never had
#6: If chemistry was a crime, these two'd be locked up!
#7. 'Hey monkey!'
#8: Mr. & Mrs. Cool Water.
#9: "Josh ended up being such an amazing inspiration for me." - Evi
#10: Evi can't not live, breathe and work without Josh
#11: "You're naked" "Oh Shut up" - I Do audio commentary
#12:Evi:"There is going to be tongue in this kiss" Josh: "Fine by me"
#13: She's the sister he never had.
#14: "That's totally you, you're Freckles!" -Josh[/URL
#15: Because "there's such chemistry between Josh and Evangeline, such real heat"-Damon
#16: Our favorite team is about to be reunited!
#17 From him, i've learned so much about being in the moment, and just being relaxed and feeling safe
#18 even when sawyer and kate kissing, josh and evi still find a way to goof around!
#19: She´s such a little warrior. She was like, 'Throw me up against the bars! Do it again!'-Josh
#20: He looked at me, with those dimples and that grin, and answered, "They're one and the same, honey."
#21: "There's a lot of trust there so we are able to actually live it, as best we can."-Josh
#22: "Josh and I have a very playful relationship. It's very natural, it's very organic, we're friends."-Evi
#23: "Josh and Evi didn't know what he was whispering to Kate, but the actors sold it so well." -Jack Bender
#24: If Ada says Josh and Evi have chemistry, then they must!
25 threads of the best chemistry to ever grace our TV screens.
#26: Why are Josh and Evi awesome? 'Cuz they play sexy criminal outlaws!
#27: When Evi and Josh are filming together they speak in some other language only they know.

Last edited by chemistry86; 12-16-2009 at 08:52 AM
Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

why not just
"Stars of the ABC series "Lost," Josh Holloway and Evangeline Lily."-cbsnews.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

Thanks tati

Couldnt fit cbs though, maybe Ally can.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm afraid it won't fit
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

it's OK

btw there is a QUOTE tag in the end

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Banned

Oh well, guess we'll have to leave it as is
Old 12-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatibsblp (View Post)
it's OK

btw there is a QUOTE tag in the end
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of you

cause dunno if you guys noticed there was HALF of OP missing
Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

Sorry Bridge
Old 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's ok, dude
Old 12-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Banned

This has never happened before. I wonder why it happened now.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fixed. And added the L, too, haha.
growing up. moving on.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the new thread!!

Icon by Judith
Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for everything

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 12-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by allybubba (View Post)
Fixed. And added the L, too, haha.
how come you can edit titles like that and i can't?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

she has the power

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆