Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

I never thought he'd leave either, it came as a schock to me. The book moment was so sweet. She desperately didn't want him to leave, but she made the book for him even though she was so upset. I really admired Jin when he made that apology, it came straight from hi's heart.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinyue (View Post)
I never thought he'd leave either, it came as a schock to me. The book moment was so sweet. She desperately didn't want him to leave, but she made the book for him even though she was so upset. I really admired Jin when he made that apology, it came straight from hi's heart.
I think he realized what he had put Sun through, I was so happy to hear the words "You don't deserve this" come out of his mouth. It was true, he had treated her badly. Though I feel much better about Jin now that I know what Sun has done to him as well.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
I think he realized what he had put Sun through, I was so happy to hear the words "You don't deserve this" come out of his mouth. It was true, he had treated her badly. Though I feel much better about Jin now that I know what Sun has done to him as well.
Yeah, it was a real eye opener for him. I was really happy when I heard that too. He finally realised how Sun had suffered. It made me like him more when he said that. I liked him before too, but that was a turning point for him, for Sun and for us. I feel better about Jin now too when we know more about hi's background and Sun's secrets.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

Up until that point I pretty much sympathized with Sun most of the time. Now I think both characters are so flawed that they fit perfectly because of that. Yes they hurt one another more than anyone else could, but that's what ultimately makes them stronger. They've both made huge mistakes in that marriage, but thankfully in that one moment before he left, it was all forgotten.

Jin & Sun are soulmates, I seriously can't imagine the two of them without one another, I don't know how they'd move on.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, me too. Even though I'd started to like Jin more, Sun was the one I liked the most and had more sympathy for. I see things differently now. Like you said, they've both made mistakes. But they love each other so much that their love will always survive no matter what happens.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinyue (View Post)
Yeah, me too. Even though I'd started to like Jin more, Sun was the one I liked the most and had more sympathy for. I see things differently now. Like you said, they've both made mistakes. But they love each other so much that their love will always survive no matter what happens.
That's why I love them. They're such a strong couple, you have the feeling they can get through anything as long as they're together.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Morning ladies!

Do you think that Sun's infidelity will ever come to light? I'm thinking it has to at some point. If Jin doesn't already know, or suspects that is.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 11-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's why I love them. They're such a strong couple, you have the feeling they can get through anything as long as they're together.
Exactly. No matter what happens, they'll always find their way back to each other again. It might be hard, but they'll always be together.

Hi Darbi

If we want to be logical, it has to come up. But when we see things on Lost, sometimes it takes ages before it's brought up again. So I don't know...
Old 11-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

That's true.

I know TPTB mentioned that we won't find discover the implications of Sun's pregnancy until seasons end. I'm just curious to know if there really is a connection between Mr. Paik and Dharma/Hanso or the Widmore company, and how much do Jin and or Sun know about it.

I've been on a S1 re-watch marathon the past week or so, and I just watched 'HOTRS' last night. It's so odd to see Sun and Jin's hair that short. Sun all buttoned up in that dreary looking, practical sweater. What's funny that at the end of the episode when they move to the caves with Jack, Sun pulls out this sundress to show to Jin, and he has this reserved, slightly disapproving look on his face. Didn't know at the time, but that marked Sun's slow transition to a more active, vocal person in their marriage and on the island. I just hope the writers maintain that aspect of her character.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 11-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi (View Post)
That's true.

I know TPTB mentioned that we won't find discover the implications of Sun's pregnancy until seasons end. I'm just curious to know if there really is a connection between Mr. Paik and Dharma/Hanso or the Widmore company, and how much do Jin and or Sun know about it.
Me too. Given what we know about Sun's father it would not surprise me at all if he was/is involved with one of the things or all of them. I think Sun seems to be quite unaware of her father's work, but who knows how much she really knows? I think she knows more than we think. She has lived with him for almost all of her life and she's seen how he treats people. I think she at least has some guesses about what he's really doing.

Quote:
I've been on a S1 re-watch marathon the past week or so, and I just watched 'HOTRS' last night. It's so odd to see Sun and Jin's hair that short. Sun all buttoned up in that dreary looking, practical sweater. What's funny that at the end of the episode when they move to the caves with Jack, Sun pulls out this sundress to show to Jin, and he has this reserved, slightly disapproving look on his face. Didn't know at the time, but that marked Sun's slow transition to a more active, vocal person in their marriage and on the island. I just hope the writers maintain that aspect of her character.
I love HOTRS. It's one of my favourite eppys. It is weird to look at the S1 eppys now, it's like we're watching two completely different persons. There was so much we didn't know at the time, it's great to go back and see things from another perspective. Her transition really began in HOTRS, it was such a meaningful episode. I hope they'll maintaion it too. Sun is a very special person who has a lot to offer.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Morning ladies!

Do you think that Sun's infidelity will ever come to light? I'm thinking it has to at some point. If Jin doesn't already know, or suspects that is.
I think Jin has no idea about her fidelity. I've gotten no indication that makes it seem like he does know or has an idea.

I don't think it will come to light, she did flat out lie to him about it. Unless he finds out another way (I remember reading a loonnng time ago that Jae was connected with Jin and more of that would be explained in S3). I also thought about the possibility that Jae's American woman is one of the castaways (or possibly Juliet, though I doubt it) and perhaps they knew of Sun and ultimately tell Jin?

Quote:
It's definately possible that Paik was involved with Dharma. However, I believe if he had full knowledge of the island and what was going on, he would've hunt down Jin & Sun by now. Unless this is his way of punishing them...

Quote:
Her transition really began in HOTRS, it was such a meaningful episode. I hope they'll maintaion it too. Sun is a very special person who has a lot to offer.
It was the first time she really did come out of her shell. I think In Translation was huge too, finally getting rid of that burden of a secret.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was the first time she really did come out of her shell. I think In Translation was huge too, finally getting rid of that burden of a secret.
Yeah, those two was very important for Sun. I can imagine the relief she must've felt when she didn't have to carry that secret anymore.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I always cry when I watch that episode. So beautifully done.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I always cry when I watch that episode. So beautifully done.
It was one of the best Lost episodes ever.

In fact, other than "And Found", I think Jin & Sun's episodes have always been one of the best ones on the show. They add so much depth and character to the show.

I think there's a lot of flashbacks now that we can be done with (ie. Kate, Jack, Locke once we discover his wheelchair secret) but Jin & Sun have so many undertones to their relationship, that their backstory features so much depth about them you could write so much more on them. I hope we get a 2nd one for this season, not likely but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was one of the best Lost episodes ever.

In fact, other than "And Found", I think Jin & Sun's episodes have always been one of the best ones on the show. They add so much depth and character to the show.

I think there's a lot of flashbacks now that we can be done with (ie. Kate, Jack, Locke once we discover his wheelchair secret) but Jin & Sun have so many undertones to their relationship, that their backstory features so much depth about them you could write so much more on them. I hope we get a 2nd one for this season, not likely but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
While I agree with you on Jack and Kate in regards to growth...what we learn should come as a result of their on island experiences. I have to disagree on Locke. I think Locke has a lot more story to tell beyond how he ended up in that wheelchair. Same goes for Sayid, and definitely Jin/Sun.