Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeth (View Post)
THis episode was MINDBLOWING in each & every way!

The best set up for the finale!

& reviews are already calling it the best episode of the season. & even one of LOST's best episodes ever!
Seriously? I guess I found it to be underwhelming like the last one. Still great TV, though, don't get me wrong.
ICON
Old 05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
New Fan

Great episode! They need to bring Desmond back in the finale!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant_Variables108 (View Post)
Great episode! They need to bring Desmond back in the finale!

Word. I refuse to believe Desmond will be left out of the action next week.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Seriously? I guess I found it to be underwhelming like the last one. Still great TV, though, don't get me wrong.
Yup.I've read that in some reviews & casual fans completely adore this episode.
as do I.

I mean - LOCKE SAW LOCKE.
& LOCKE IS GOING TO KILLL JACOB!
Thats just , insane!

and the line where Richard said: "John it going to be trouble'
and Ben replied: "Why do you think I tried to kill him.' gave me chills.
They are eviiiiiil.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I see what they're doing with Jack/Locke and I don't like it. Jack is becoming the Man of Faith and Locke is going to become the villain. HATE IT.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was thinking about that too Crystal. but then Locke said something that made me change my mind. Kinda a blur right now what it was.

But well, killing Jacob can't be good.

I think we'll have a better view on all of this next episode.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeth (View Post)
and the line where Richard said: "John it going to be trouble'
and Ben replied: "Why do you think I tried to kill him.' gave me chills.
They are eviiiiiil.
Yeah, I'm not convinced yet they're the "evil ones" (Richard and Ben). Ben is extremely manipulative but evil is a strong word.

What Locke did in last night's episode was pretty shady. First, he misleads Sun into believing that he'll do whatever it takes to get "their" people back (including Jin) and then openly admits to Ben that it was a lie. Keep in mind, this is following his new speech he made, as official "leader of the Others", proclaiming to them that they have a right to know who their leader is and to be able to see him if they're going to follow him. Yet - he's totally got his own self-serving agenda going here: To kill Jacob!

Why? Did the island tell him to do this or is this a decision he brought about himself to fully indoctrinate himself as the only "leader"?

I think Crystal's gut reaction might be correct - this episode might be setting up Locke as the big bad villain going up against Jacob (maybe other Losties too). What a twist for them to bring it back to us that perhaps, in spite of all of Ben's manipulation and questionable actions, that Ben all along has been the one truly serving Jacob's cause and protecting the island.

It's hard to decipher at this point. The island can be composed of two forces - a force of light and a force of darkness. The question is - who's listening to which side and then serving it? Are Richard/Ben/Jacob on the side of "good" while Locke has succumbed to the side of "darkness"? Or is it reverse? Locke has uncovered the truth and Jacob represents a force of darkness that the people have been mislead into following/supporting? Alot of questions still running around inside my mind.

Darkness can play on vulnerabilities (like Locke's past) and when the island offered him the healing (releasing paralysis and reuse of his legs) - maybe he was indebted to that particular force coming to him from the island. In an eerie way, I can almost compare Widmore's assistant, the African gentleman (my apologies, I drew a blank on his name for the moment), coming to Locke like the "devil" (from christian scripture) would do to Jesus or Adam/Eve in the garden to tempt them. An offer to release from one's suffering (Locke's paralysis) or to offer "knowledge" (Locke's communion with the island) in exchange for sacrificing one's self (like selling your soul). Didn't this same gentleman infer to Locke, when he was still wheelchair bound in the hospital, that he would essentially owe him one when what comes to pass - in fact passes? This could also explain the sudden "change" in Locke if he is now completely indebted to this force - he literally owes his life to it. This comparison isn't exact but it's something that crossed my mind. Of course, this could just as easily work in reverse, in that, it really is about "faith" in a higher power for Locke and that he has been in communion with a good part of the island from the beginning. If Locke is serving this side instead - his ressurection can be almost equated in a manner to the resurrection of Jesus Christ, in the sense that Locke suffered but remained faithful to the island's call for him. Then when he died - he resurrected and is completely aligned with this good force that seeks to overcome Jacob (who might be a type of "devil" in disguise).

I don't know - a part of me also feels like Locke got "tricked/deceived" by the island into leaving. What if Locke isn't himself? What if something from the island took him over when his dead body was brought back? It would be like the island setting Locke up to die off the island so some force could "take him over." It would work because Locke would have no idea at the time Richard came to him - that it really wasn't "him" giving Richard the instructions to tell him to leave and die. And that part could quite possibly implicate Jacob because of Christian Shepard pushing for Locke to leave, which in turn, connects back to Claire and Jacob's cabin. Like I said, alot that I'm thinking about here.

In the end - either side is going to try and justify actions for the "greater good." That's why it's so hard for me to decide who is in the right here. At some point, they all (Ben/Locke/Richard/Widmore) have claimed to have the intention of protecting/serving this island. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 05-07-2009 at 03:58 PM
Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA4eva (View Post)
I completely agree with you!

It was such a beautiful moment my favorite in this episode and then Kate entered and I burst into tears my mom thinks i've gone crazy!

I was so happy to see the entire original cast - what's left - in this episode! So glad Jack and Saayid have teamed up !

Hurley is

Dr Chang and Miles

Sun and Jin need to reunite!
Oh I know how you feel! I had no doubt that Kate would be the one entering the sub...But it didn't make me any less upset/sad/pissed when she actually did.

I am so nervous for Suliet next week. I'm just really gettin freaked by these certain death rumors...
Old 05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Ally, I wasn't saying it doesn't matter in a bad way or anything. Sawyer's farewell to the island doesn't matter, to me, anyway because he and the other two show up again. Something has to convince him to go back right? I hope so anyway? Still, I feel disappointed in him for it and feel a bit weird towards him now I totally was expecting him to wait until Juliet got on safely and pull a fast one of all times Sawyer went OOC I did like the moment he got with Juliet, but the writers purposely put Kate there for obvious reasons and it looks like Juliet is calling him out on that next week. I would really like to see some kind of confrontation on this but I don't want it to take up a lot of time either especially with Jack and the bomb

I don't know what I see as Locke anymore. It's interesting Jack is slowly taking over his personality but if Locke has some destructive agenda with the island there's not much we can speculate on for now if that is how it goes. We don't even know how Locke will be able to take Jacob out. Didn't Locke say the island told him to do a lot of the stuff he has been doing? I find it weird it would tell him to kill Jacob Jacob is such an integral part of the island itself you know? He's always just always been hidden. Like others have said, maybe now that Locke has gained more of a leader role on the island since the show began he is going to start running his own wishes against the island.

Last edited by Bella Grint; 05-07-2009 at 04:05 PM
Old 05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not even sure if Locke is Locke anymore. He sounds the same. And he looks like Locke. But what the hell is he now? He spoke of his 2004!self as if he were a completely different person in mind, body and spirit. It's creeping me out big time.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Locke is like, power tripping.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the only way I can make it understandable to myself - is that it's not really Locke at all. Whoever/whatever it is just has his form - like an identical twin would; however, they'd still be two different people (in mind, body, and spirit).

Locke's soul, spirit, energy - or whatever someone believes in calling it when someone dies - just passed on into an afterlife somewhere (heaven). Which would mean, technically, Locke would still be dead. He was killed and something/someone on the island has taken advantage of that fact.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

But what?! That's the million dollar question. As much as I'll miss this show when it's over, I need some damn answers.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

Ah yes Heather that makes total sense when I think about it! I think we all can agree the Locke we have now is not the same guy and that is probably because he isn't. Maybe he did really die when Ben killed him. The island revived Locke's body for some purpose, that doesn't mean it has to be the same guy at all. But everything is still so confusing for me. I am glad Richard is there I have a feeling if it were Ben and Locke only with everyone else they'd be at each others throats
Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
New Fan

Is it just me or richard has been same outfit forever