Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

When the man in the red shoes died and the lady said that you can't stop it if it's meant to happen, I thought right away of Claire. I didn't even think it was Charlie..but then I remembered that they brought him back to life after he was hanged so it makes sense.

I think Desmond is awesome and carried this epi very well
Old 02-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok, I've just seen the episode and all I can say is that I'm confused... I still don't think I get it.

Basically, when Desmond turned the safe key, he had a flashback to his previous life.. so the whole thing was just a dream? Or did he travel through time and was living his life all over again? I really don't get it. Why is he able to see the future? Is it something to do with the hatch and the electromagnetic current or whatever?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's safe to say...it was all the hatch's fault.

kenny | credit
Old 02-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Feefs - (View Post)
\Basically, when Desmond turned the safe key, he had a flashback to his previous life.. so the whole thing was just a dream? Or did he travel through time and was living his life all over again? I really don't get it. Why is he able to see the future? Is it something to do with the hatch and the electromagnetic current or whatever?
That bothered me a lot. I mean it was interesting, and leads me to believe that time travel, time warps, something with time is a big part of the island....but more questions than answers. Really getting tired of this....I just want to watch the show and have FUN I don't want to have to think about it.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

As Lost continues there are more and more questions that we ask ...

they said somebody is going to die ... so now i think it is Charlie ...

anyway ... great ep ... although there were too many flashbacks ...
Old 02-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I was shoked, when Desmond told Charly, that he must wait his own death... As i understood, desmond was on the island all the time after explosion, but he was asleep.. And in his dream island has hinted Des, that he has became a man with new abilities..
Old 02-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

It's not going to be Charlie...we are expecting that. It's always the unexpected. So, while they did give us that prophecy...Charlie isn't going anywhere right now. But, he will...eventually.

kenny | credit
Old 02-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Well I watch enough TV just to relax and I like it when a show makes me think...but sadly one of my thoughts yesterday after watching the ep was that maybe all the thinking is for nothing and that it all means nothing in the end. Ah well that´s the risk you take I guess.

Anyway, it was different to have such a big flashback but Desmond is eye candy when shaved off so I enjoyed it shallow me. I also like the chemistry between Penny and him so they safed the eppy IMO because basically we already know they have this ultimate "true love story" going on and I think everybody got it now.

As for the time travel theories...I think the writers gave the answer in that pub when Desmond´s friend said "there is no such thing as time travel" I do believe though that Des got the ability to see the future as in the "deja vu" kinda way. Which I think isn´t as sci-fi at all. I think everybody thinks he knows stuff, has seen places/ persons before. So maybe he can see the future in that way. Because he never knows exactly when things will happen. Like he was wrong with the football game at first or Claire drowning. If he´d know eveything he´d stopped her from going swimming that day. So maybe Charlie will die at some point. To me I couldn´t care less, the sooner the better They totally ruined his character for me and last nights eppy made me dislike him even more.

On an other board though I read that the red shoes hint when he talked with the ring shop women could mean it´s like in "The wizard of Oz" and Des only dreamed when he was unconcious after the hatch exploded. Maybe it´s a little of both. And maybe the island just makes him aware of such things as deja-vu´s and maybe he dreamed what we saw because he so badly want´s to give everything that´s happened to him a meaning. It´s up to everyone to believe what he wants to believe I guess.

Anyway, I´m glad Lost is on now every week because the whole death thing made me wanna go read spoilers and I don´t want to
Old 02-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
It's not going to be Charlie...we are expecting that. It's always the unexpected.
That's not necessarily true. Boone's death was pretty expected, he spent an entire episode 'dying' before actually going, it was very predictable. I just think that sometimes the writers do the unexpected by doing the expected...if that makes sense But who knows.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:54 AM
New Fan

Dude

Look y'all. It's simple.

Desmond is Marty McFly in Final Destination IV: the Twilight Zone.

K?

DON'T call him CHICKEN!