Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks guys!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I also loved when Dom was in the Jimmy Kimmel show and he said about Evie "isn't she pretty, she's a cute one".
I loved that too.

Quote:
Can I make a request? I know that there are a lot of Dom/Evie pics on LJs. I think we shouldn't post them because we don't know who lurks here and I would hate to see them end up in the wrong hands (gossip mags).
Yeah I agree, if anyone wants to see them there are pretty easy to find, but way to personal to post on here. Even though I must confess to having some icons of them

Quote:
I guess what I like about Dom/Evie is the fact how similar they are. They both love nature and bugs and like to climb to trees etc.
I like that about them to, loved that picture as well.

Some pictures

Love of Lollys

Trees

Last edited by fairymary; 03-03-2005 at 03:42 PM
Old 03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

The pictures are gorgeous, Fairymary! thanks! I love the comparison!

Evangeline Lilly|Elisha Cuthbert|Gregory Smith|Kristen Kreuk

What do they all have in common? ME! and theyre home-grown!!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Total Fan

These pictures, are we talking about the super seekrit ones? Cause I keep seeing them around, being cunningly snuck into public arts or icons when they think no one's looking

Having got over my initial (stupid) gut reaction of hurt-anyone-that-comes-near-my-Dom, I have decided that Evie is really cute and sweet and they make an adorable couple. Especially in that picture that Lazy posted

But I just wonder if it'll get awkward if they break up....difficulties on-set etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
Btw, I hope that if they are dating, people won't start bashing Evie because of it like they did with Kate Bosworth. That was just beyond cruel.
I don't think that will happen. I think the people who were bashing Kate when she was going out with Orli were mainly teeny-bopper types who want to marry Orlando and have 42348643241 of his babies. I like to think that Dom fans are more mature than that, and are able to be happy for him that he obviously likes her
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Yay, a Dom/Evie thread!

I was browsing around the other day and found a Dom/Evie fanlisting.

Smitten

And another quote from Dom about Evie: "She's a breath of fresh air."
I think it came from People magazine a few weeks ago, when they ran a article/photo spread on the show/cast.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Btw, I hope that if they are dating, people won't start bashing Evie because of it like they did with Kate Bosworth. That was just beyond cruel.

When i said i was jealous of her i wasn't bashing her i was being playful(hence the smilie winking) if i was bashing her I wouldn't post on the appreciation thread for the couple and i wouldn't say that they are an adorable couple. I totally agree with StrongPlacebo. Just wanted to clear that up.

Thanks for the link Elms

emily

Old 03-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Total Fan

I don't think the bashing comment was particularly directed at anybody.

Does anyone else find it a little weird to ship a real life couple? I guess it's not that weird....nevermind me, I'll just be going now
Old 03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I know Strong Placebo it's just i was quoted saying how i was jealous cause she had Dom and then the comment was made about bashing Evangeline but i was only messing, im not a dom/eva basher

don't go! I don't think it's that weird to ship a couple it's more supporting is it weird?

emily

Old 03-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Does anyone else find it a little weird to ship a real life couple?
I guess it is weird if you think about it, but I have always had real life couple ships so it's normal to me lol.

Evie on Dom

As for her reservations about the entertainment industry, she still has them -- but is content to keep them out of sight, if not out of mind, thanks to the Hawaiian location.

"I've had very, very good luck. Everyone here, they're all incredible people with beautiful lives and families. I've lucked into this group."

While it's disconcerting that random strangers now recognize her, she says having a former hobbit as one of her castmates has helped.

"Dominic can't go anywhere without being recognized. I've experienced that a bit and seen his reaction. He is very encouraged by it. He sees it as these people are his supporters and he's so glad to have that support.

"So he's very cordial and I've got to see someone be very positive about it, because not everyone is like that."
Old 03-05-2005, 03:30 AM
Total Fan

Awh, Dommie *loves*

But his fans are kinda fanatical, with the whole Rings thing (yeah, me too)

I do hope she doesn't get bashed....it's not a rational response
Old 03-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

RE: Dom on Jimmy Kimmel. When Kimmel shows Dom the TV Guide cover (Dom, Evie, Matthew) he says something like "Look at Evie...." but I can't quite hear what he says. Anyone know?

Quote:
Even though I must confess to having some icons of them
Really? I bet they are great I've seen some gorgeous D/E icons (mainly from the GGs).

Thanks for posting those pics fairymary !

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongPlacebo
These pictures, are we talking about the super seekrit ones? Cause I keep seeing them around, being cunningly snuck into public arts or icons when they think no one's looking
Yes, I was talking about the super seekrit pics

Quote:
But I just wonder if it'll get awkward if they break up....difficulties on-set etc.
It might but what IMO helps is the fact that they don't have a romantic storyline on the show. Then it could get really akward. But I must admit that I adore the Charlie/Kate scenes

Quote:
don't think that will happen. I think the people who were bashing Kate when she was going out with Orli were mainly teeny-bopper types who want to marry Orlando and have 42348643241 of his babies. I like to think that Dom fans are more mature than that, and are able to be happy for him that he obviously likes her
I like to think so too What I've seen from Dom fans, most seem to be happy. Of course there are some people who call Evie with names etc but mostly it's been a positive reaction.

Wow, there's a D/E fanlisting? I've only seen Charlie/Kate one. I like that "She's a breath of fresh air" quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilydc
When i said i was jealous of her i wasn't bashing her i was being playful(hence the smilie winking) if i was bashing her I wouldn't post on the appreciation thread for the couple and i wouldn't say that they are an adorable couple. I totally agree with StrongPlacebo. Just wanted to clear that up.
No, no, I wasn't talking about you. I meant that in generally speaking. It's all clear

Quote:
Does anyone else find it a little weird to ship a real life couple? I guess it's not that weird....nevermind me, I'll just be going now
A little, I don't really ship RL couples. I don't ship-ship D/E in a way that I want them to get married and have millions of babies (but that's another story ). I like their friendship and if they're dating, I think it's cute and hope it works out for them. But I'm not a fanatic or anything.

Laura|
Old 03-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

I stink with LJ, could someone be so kind to PM some usernames where these pictures might be at?
Old 03-06-2005, 05:42 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
RE: Dom on Jimmy Kimmel. When Kimmel shows Dom the TV Guide cover (Dom, Evie, Matthew) he says something like "Look at Evie...." but I can't quite hear what he says. Anyone know?
Jimmy shows the magazine cover with Dom Evie and Matt (Fox) on it, and Dom says that Evie is really "pretty and sweet" (*minor squee*)

And then Jimmy says he's thinking of stalking her

I thinik some of the Charlie/Kate scenes have been quite cute. Generally speaking, I don't like Kate as a character, because I find her a bit Mary-Sue-ish, but I really liked the bit in....I forget the episode, when Charlie tells Kate that little bits of him are crumbling away without Claire. But that's probably a bad example for a relationship beween those two

I think they've been giving them more scenes together because they get along and work well together.

I guess shipping real life couples is different to shipping characters, because they're actual people, which is weird. But Dom must be used to people hypothesising about his personal life, with all the RPS surrounding LOTR

Katie- I've got a link to the super seekrit pictures which I'll PM you
Old 03-06-2005, 07:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

No, no, I wasn't talking about you. I meant that in generally speaking. It's all clear

A little, I don't really ship RL couples. I don't ship-ship D/E in a way that I want them to get married and have millions of babies (but that's another story ). I like their friendship and if they're dating, I think it's cute and hope it works out for them. But I'm not a fanatic or anything.
Oh okay thanks and i totally agree I think it would be kind of weird maybe to be fanatical but wishing them the best and supporting them i think it's kind of nice

emily

Old 03-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jimmy shows the magazine cover with Dom Evie and Matt (Fox) on it, and Dom says that Evie is really "pretty and sweet" (*minor squee*)
Aww, squee

Quote:
And then Jimmy says he's thinking of stalking her
That was a bit... weird. If I could ask one more thing. After that stalking comment, Dom says "You know what you should do?"...... does he say something like Evie and I think...? Or am I just imagining things?

Quote:
I forget the episode, when Charlie tells Kate that little bits of him are crumbling away without Claire. But that's probably a bad example for a relationship beween those two
You mean the diary scene? I really liked Charlie and Kate in the pilot, they had some good scenes. I especially like the scene where Charlie finds Kate after they run away from the monster and they fall on the ground. I thought they connected and it was a nicely done scene

Quote:
I guess shipping real life couples is different to shipping characters, because they're actual people, which is weird. But Dom must be used to people hypothesising about his personal life, with all the RPS surrounding LOTR
Yeah, he probably is. I do think that the D/E 'shipping' hasn't reach the level of D/Elijah (Domelijah?) or D/Billy

ETA: There are couple nice D/E icons here (from the TV Guide cover)

Laura|