Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

And one other thing that just struck me...so Sayid lived in France but in S1 he couldn´t understand French and had to ask Shannon for help. That sounds a bit far fetched/ unbelievable to me.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how there bet to Sawyer was to stop with the nicknames. And now it'll be funny watching him stumble trying to remember everyone's names.

icon
Old 03-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

He'll still make it snarky though.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
Because he knew it wasn't just a game.
Obviously from the Hatch Locke knows that computer did more than simply just play a game. They want to understand the island, I mean sure it was risky (and look what happened) but at least we know what it does.

Quote:
That sounds a bit far fetched/ unbelievable to me.
Excellent point!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82 (View Post)

And one other thing that just struck me...so Sayid lived in France but in S1 he couldn´t understand French and had to ask Shannon for help. That sounds a bit far fetched/ unbelievable to me.
I read that in Lostpedia and it's an excellent point. Did the writers just not think about that, or is there an actual reason? Because... seriously, why Paris? There are a lot of other big cities out there.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

Hmm, that's right. I hadn't thought about the whole not understanding French thing.

And about Locke, I am disappointed they seem to be making him look like such a fool. But I'll try and hold off my judgement for a bit. And maybe we'll find out that Locke destroying The Flame was really a fantastic thing for reasons yet to be revealed. Eh, I'm reaching. I just don't want him to continue to be a liability.

Last edited by -Delilah-; 03-10-2007 at 10:19 AM
Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
I read that in Lostpedia and it's an excellent point. Did the writers just not think about that, or is there an actual reason? Because... seriously, why Paris? There are a lot of other big cities out there.
If he lived in Paris, he must have learned some french. If it's a mistake, it's really dumb. He could have lived in another european city like Roma or Madrid and it would have changed anything about the storyline.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Master Fan

Well I´d go by (really dumb writers) mistake because I can´t see any explanation why he should pretend not to know any French OR he simply just didn´t stay long enough in Paris to learn anything. We´ve no indication for how long he was living there before he was tortured and I think it´s safe to assume that he left as soon as they let him go.

Ah well, weird.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I really don't know what they're doing with Locke. If they're turning him into a full fledged villian or is he really onto something rewarding in the grand scheme of things. As of now, TPTB is making him look like a first class idiot. And it's a shame because he's one of the most compelling (and one of my fave) characters on the show.
I agree man!! I mean it is so stupid on writers behalf, why turn such a great character into this stupid idotic fool??? I just hated that part since I'm also a huge fan of Locke and I hated the way Sayid all of a sudden started acting cold towards Locke even from the beginning of the episode, I mean that was a new thing for me cause Sayid is a guy who has always respected Locke and his dicisions but all of a sudden he's starting to act like Jack with Locke and it's a bit far fetched if you ask me!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

I liked seeing Locke looking like a fool, I hate the way people build him up like he's some sort of god, it's good to see him taken down a peg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunniah (View Post)
I hated the way Sayid all of a sudden started acting cold towards Locke even from the beginning of the episode, I mean that was a new thing for me cause Sayid is a guy who has always respected Locke and his dicisions but all of a sudden he's starting to act like Jack with Locke and it's a bit far fetched if you ask me!!!
Actually Sayid has shown some considerable suspicion of Locke in the past, so this is nothing new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82 (View Post)
The abscence of the others and Jack really improved the quality of the show
Like hell, the absence of Jack has taken a lot from this ep and the previous one.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
X-Men

From my LJ:

Ok, it was a bit better than the previous ep but it was still lacking. The absence of Fox's acting definitely cost the ep. And Sayid and Locke are thoroughly boring at best. And no I don't find Bea watchamacallers and her Russian pal particularly interesting either. And for an ep that was supposed to reveal a lot it didnt reveal all that much. It was good to have Danielle around but they had to go and contrive a way to have her cut out of most of the ep. Back at the beach, I find myself annoyed with how Sawyer got treated. I've been angry with his behavior in the past but here I felt he was being ganged up on and that didn't much incline me positively toward those who were ganging up on him -Jin, Sun, useless Paulo and, most of all, new king bully Hurley. Bugger off Hurley. You're not interesting. You're dumb and weak and boring and your ep was a waste of screen time. So where the hell do you get off acting so bloody smug? Somebody put a few bullets in Hurley already, PLEASE. The days when he was likeable are over. Dull, waste of screentime, annoying. And I really couldn't give the slightest damn about his curse or his numbers or his bloody flashbacks. Move over and make way for better characters. Like Sawyer. And Jack. And btw, what about that poor cat? It comes up looking real sad (at the end of the ep) and Sayid just turns away and ignores it. The cat was a lot more interesting than Sayid. Can we get rid of Sayid and make the cat a regular instead? Give it a flashback. Just don't give us any more bloody Hurley flashbacks.

Last edited by sum1; 03-18-2007 at 12:09 AM