Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A BIG group of people likes the finale btw. I don't know where you get all the hate.
Of course there is a group that doesn't, there will always be one. But most people like it.

And Kirsten nailed it. She talks to the writers and it agrees with what the people of Bad Robot say the finale was about.

Thank you Ale,
The finale was an emotional bawl fest and really makes you think about life and true love.
I don't think I'll ever stop vidding this series.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The finale was an emotional bawl fest and really makes you think about life and true love.
I don't think I'll ever stop vidding this series.
I'm not a believer, but man, I love the concept of afterlife with the ones you love
Good, don't ever stop!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't believe in heaven and all that either but this is TV and they told a story so beautifully and fitting for LOST so it all fits.

And made me wish I could believe... maybe I should just crash on an island and I will.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sure a big group of people liked it but there is also a big group of people who didn't. IMO it's probably 50-50, some people liked it, some didn't.

I just find it odd that Kristin assumes that people who didn't like it, didn't get it.

I'm not sure they were even about to go to heaven. And if they created purgatory, maybe they created their own "heaven", who knows. Maybe with deserted islands. lights and polar bears. lol

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its not. Every poll I've seen the major group votes "Awesome".
There's a lot of people that didn't like it as much because not all answers were given.
Kirsten tried to give some of them.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

And ironically, I believe in afterlife and all, but I can't get myself to like this ending. Maybe that's because I don't believe in the stupid purgatory or limbo or whatever that was where they were waiting to "awaken".

Plus, this is a TV show. Even if it presents fluffy scenarios, I want them in this world. That's true escapism for me. A story about an afterlife isn't.

And it's a bit of a stretch to say most people liked it. That's not the way I have seen it.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think with the reactions it really depends where you go online and the online fandom doesn't really represent the overall reactions since most people don't bother to go online. I've talked to people both online and offline and their reactions are mixed.

It's not the purgatory/afterlife that was a problem for me. I think the way they presented the purgatory cheapened it for me. It was all fluff and about soulmates and whatever. The interesting part - redemption/closure for the characters - wasn't handled well imo. Besides that the island is just a place with a light and that if the light goes off evil will spread out/people will lose light in their souls - for me it wasn't satisfactory, it was a lazy way out of the all the mysteries they created.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's pointless to debate if the majority liked the finale or not. What happened happened & this is the finale JJ Abrams always wanted and planned since the very beginning. People who loved it, we'll appreciate the whole 6 years of Lost while the ones who didn't well, they can always appreciate the past seasons or forget about this show altogether. I for one I'm glad I've watched all, I will keep watching the episode because I loved every tiny bit of Lost.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Its about love. When has LOST not been about love?

Yeah. Ale, I see it now.. Its pointless.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Master Fan

No, this is not the finale that JJ always wanted. It's only one of the final scenes that JJ wanted and penned. The church scene. And for all we know that could have been an epilogue that JJ planned. In fact, it makes more sense as a one or two minute epilogue. However, Darlton took that scene and constructed the entire season around it, forgetting about what came earlier.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeth (View Post)
Its about love. When has LOST not been about love?

Yeah. Ale, I see it now.. Its pointless.
I find oddly amazing that Lost is all about love, cause seriously what is better than that?
Love drives all our actions, love (not only romantic one) is what makes the world spin, it's the most powerful emotion EVER. What better message for a show like this? Seriously, I can't even... I remember the overwhelming joy I felt after watching Happily Ever After, when the concept of love became so clear & so obvious, well this is what I like about Lost. So yeah, I'm fully satisfied not only with the finale, but with those amazing six years.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You do know that Darlton still discuss pretty much all they do on the show with JJ btw?

Yeah thats the thing Ale. In the end, all we do is for or about 'love'.
In every freakin' way.
Love for a man, woman. Love for a child. Love for a destiny. Love for money..etc.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's only one of the final scenes that JJ wanted and penned. The church scene.
Only the cardinal scene of the finale.
JJ wanted this ending and luckily he got it. The church part is amazing in every aspect, it's the most fitting ending I can think of.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You do know that Darlton still discuss pretty much all they do on the show with JJ btw?
And what do you think happens in those discussions?
"Hey, JJ, you know what Carlton and I thought would be cool? You remember that ending of yours, we want to base the sixth season around it."

So what do you think JJ's reply would be?
"Oh man, are ****ing kidding me? That's not how I intended it."

NO, NO and NO. Because there is no reply other than "Hey man, it's cool" that JJ would give. Because 1)JJ has no interest in what happens on this show. He has previously indicated that. 2)Professional work ethics dictate that he shouldn't have an opinion after he gave up the reigns to Darlton.

So yeah, that discussion is nothing, but symbolic. Besides, after all the lying that Darlton have done over the years I'm not sure I believe they involved JJ that much. They used to get pretty possessive when anyone used to suggest that JJ should come back and pen an episode for the final season. And JJ also recognized this fact seeing the reply he used to give.

Last edited by eragon194; 05-29-2010 at 05:33 AM
Old 05-29-2010, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn, talented vidders