Airdate: Sunday, May 23, 2010

Previous t h r e a d
Previous T h r e a d II

Old 05-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This picspam is so *_____________________*
Old 05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

btw, do you guys still want me to top this thread or is it okay if I unstick it?

Its just that we have SO many things topped now. but I'd be sad to see it go so I can't decide.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
btw, do you guys still want me to top this thread or is it okay if I unstick it?

However you want. I am okay either way

Quote:
i love ben, so i dont want to take it away from him, i just wish michael got the same treatment.
Yeah you're right. I love Ben, he is one of my fav characters but I agree with you.

I loved the Ben-Locke forgiving scene

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter

Last edited by EndlessღLove; 05-28-2010 at 04:07 PM
Old 05-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

SO GOOD. SO LOVELY.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by house_stacy (View Post)
I loved the Ben-Locke forgiving scene

I can read Locke's lips when he is saying. "Yeah, I forgive you".

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What I find interesting is comparing both conversations Ben has with Locke and Hurley. Locke asks Ben what he is going to do like he has a choice either way and you can tell Locke truly doesn't know what Ben wants to do whereas Hurley saw the good side of Ben while they were #1 and #2 together so Hurley, being so loving and welcoming and also, since he knew this good side of Ben, simply tells Ben to join them. It's really interesting.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

oh i hadnt noticed a new thread, thanks for starting!

yeah, i loved that scene too! first of all, i ADORE locke. he is one of my favorite characters on this show and i missed him as Island!Locke so sad we never get it again since he left in the first place. i loved his faith. His smile from the moment he got his memory and onward was the smile i have come to love! we havent seen it in a long time, not a genuine one and not one from real locke... not since he left the island.
part of me wishes he ended up staying the new jacob. no one appreciated and loved the island as much as locke did.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
KIRSTEN:

It seems some people are having a hard time abiding by Lost's final message: Let go and move on.

And by "some people," I mean not only diehard fans—like, ahem, moi—but also casual viewers and people who tuned in for the very first time on Sunday night to see what Lost was all about. (Bat-poop crazy, but yes, they really did!)

I'm still getting bombarded by questions about the Lost finale, so if you, or any of your non-Lost-worshipping friends are still struggling to comprehend, here is a stripped-down guide to what Lost is all about (according to this here idiot)...

There is an island. It really exists, and the people on it do too.

At the heart of this island is a "Light."

This Light is the good place you go to after you die where you get to reconnect with your loved ones in the afterlife. You can call it heaven, Nirvana, or whatever you like. It's the most beautiful place you will ever see.

If the Light on the island goes out, you don't get to be with your loved ones when you die. They simply "cease to exist." And that is a very bad thing.

The Light on the island is so beautiful and powerful, that men will always try to get at it, study it and harness it--including most recently, a group of scientists called the Dharma Initiative who inhabited the island for many decades. They could never fully understand the island because they were men of science, not men of faith.

To make sure the Light isn't destroyed by men like these, the island needs a Protector. (The Egyptians tried to build a giant Protector statue on the island, but it was reduced to a four-toed foot when a giant slave ship called the Black Rock hit it.)

The first Protector we met, Jacob, was sweet but a total dumbass who did exactly what his mother told him not to, and threw his brother Samuel (also called the Man in Black) into the Light. Samuel faced a fate "worse than death" (as his mother foretold), and became what Lost fans call "the Smoke Monster." If this evil entity were to leave or destroy the island, all the evil would escape out into the world, and the Light/heaven would be no more.

Jacob needed to make sure that he had a successor, to prevent this from ever happening. There were no pure souls or babies on the island (because of electromagnetic fallout from the "incident" in 1977 that caused fertility issues). So Jacob selected "candidates" away from the island, went out into the world to meet them, touched them (so the Monster couldn't kill them), and then brought them to the island by way of plane crash. (The Protector can also change the weather, sometimes subconciously, to make stuff like that happen--which is probably why the Dharma initiative also studied weather there--but Jacob didn't do so in this case.)

Jack Shephard was on that plane that came to the island. Oceanic 815. So were a lot of other really cool people who happened to look like TV stars: Sawyer, Kate, Sun, Jin, Sayid and Hurley. They crashed on the island, and they were alive.

They were Jacob's "candidates." It was their destiny to come to the island.

It was Jack's destiny to kill the Smoke Monster and save the island. And he spent six seasons trying to figure it out.

In the meantime, the Smoke Monster was running around terrorizing/killing everyone, taking the form of dead people (he can do that) and manipulating a longtime island dweller, Ben, into doing his bidding. The Monster ultimately tricked Ben into killing Locke (a "candidate") and Jacob. The Monster took the form of Locke.

In the final season, we saw what appeared to be an alternate reality in which the passengers of Oceanic 815—including Jack Shephard—landed safely in Los Angeles, as if the plane had never crashed on the island. They basically spent the entire sixth season in this place trying to "let go" of their life's biggest regrets/issues. (Ben's guilt over killing his daughter Alex, Locke's crippling problems with his father, Jin and Sun's guilt over abandoning their daughter and not knowing if she's OK, Hurley's guilt over his money doing evil things, Sayid's desire to save Shannon/Nadia, Claire's guilt over planning to give away her baby, Jack's desire to forgive his father and break the cycle by becoming a good father himself, etc...)

In the finale, we learned that this place (in which the flight landed safely) was a passageway from death into the Light/heaven. The characters we saw there had all died in different times in different places, and they met up in this place (where time is irrelevant) to work out their remaining regrets, reconnect with their loved ones, and move on to the Light together.

After Jack sacrificed himself to save the island, they all crossed over to the Light and lived blissfully ever after.

They lived together. And they did not die alone.

________

Make any sense? Maybe so, maybe not.

Do you agree? Maybe so, maybe not.

That's really, ultimately, the beauty of the story of Lost. That it is so very open to interpretation.

Whether you loved or hated the finale (it's no secret I loved it), one of the coolest things I've been hearing over the past few days is that some fans are liking it more the more they've thought about it. I think it's a finale that grows on you, if you let it. How many other finales can say the same?

So now that you've had a few days to process it all, I'd love to hear from you fans below (and you can take the poll, just for fun).

What do you think now of the Lost finale?
________

Read more: Idiot's Guide to Lost - E! Online

Hope this helped for some of you...
Seriously, BEST.SHOW.EVER.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Idiot's guide to Lost? lol I think people got the message or what the finale was about but simply didn't like it.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

The cats nailed it.

Kristin is coming up with different ways every day to glorify the finale. It's getting painfully embarassing now.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

My favourite from the cat vid is:

After 5 years I've died and became an annoying cloud. Yepp that was worth it.

I'm not really following Kristin, so I didn't even know she loved the finale so much. I only know Jennifer Godwin didn't like it.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This video shows how much the finale pwns and how emotional Lost really is. At the end of the day I don't give a crap about the mysteries or the Island, for me it's all about the people, these great characters, the fonds they forged and the relationship the established:

Thank you Lies, you made me cry once again
Old 05-29-2010, 04:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I came to love the finale after some time passed. When I first watched it I was very confused maybe a little disappointed because of the purgatory issue... But when I watched the last scene for the second time I was weeping like a crazy person, I couldn't stop crying. You need a second viewing or a third or a thousand to come to love it and understand the beauty of it.

After the finale aired I started thinking about my life about my relationships, and about how we all need to charish ever moment of our lives as it's all so fragile and be happy to have a chance to be with the loved ones as not everyone has this chance.... I have never believed in life after death, but the notion of another chance in the afterlife when finally you get the chance to reunite with your loved ones and live happily ever after... The notion of eternal light that exists in the end of the tunnel.... it's a wonderful and a hopefull notion. We all struggle a lot and suffer a lot in our lives and to believe that there is something else, something worth waiting for even if not in this life... Every single religion is based on this concept... Maybe it's not as far fetched as thought it was....

I know people who didn't love or didn't understand the finale, and I can see their point.. but I believe that no other TV show have ever done what Lost has done. Six years of pure entertainment, adventure, love and lifechanging experience... Lost gave me my first epic ship, my first favorite chracter, my first TV addiction. Lost was a big gift, I pray there will be another such show sometimes on television.. But Lost wiil always be my first and my greatest love Will always be my number one.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Six years of pure entertainment, adventure, love and lifechanging experience
Exactly, and I'll always love Lost for that