Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

I found another great quote in the latest Lost Magazine . This time from Gregg Nations:

LM: Do you have 1 episode you've worked on that you consider a highlight?

GN: My favourite one for the third season is One Of Us. That's the one where Juliet comes back to the camp, Claire gets sick and miraculously Juliet can help us. Then you find out in her back-story it was all planned. I really like Elizabeth Mitchell as an actress. She is amazing and I love seeing her on screen. I love Michael Emerson too. That whole episode was mainly them in the flashback and it was wonderful to watch them together. I loved that scene in the kitchen when she is yelling at him. They are having this huge confrontation, she slaps the glass out of his hand, and ends up on the counter with gut wrenching crying. I got chills watching the daillies. That episode came together so well and Jack Bender who directedit, did such an incredible job. Everyone was spectacular in this episode.

Looks like everyone who's working on Lost loves EM/Juliet.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

That was the really absurd thing. Ed was no longer her husband yet he still had some kind of control over her. That's what made me think that perhaps it's more than just she's unlucky with romance. Maybe the issue extended all the way to her childhood. But real world Juliet and island Juliet are two different people. Whatever it was that had her so mousy and timid is no longer an issue. The island toughened her up.

I couldn't agree more and I can't wait to find out what it was that made her change.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 10-10-2007 at 05:22 AM
Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

All these snippets about our girl are awesome! And they bring up excellent points about her story. I too want to know what made her go from mousy to manipulative on the island.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Hopefully we get flashbacks this year that show it.

I hope they realize the extradionary story they can tell with Juliet and never kill her off. That would be upsetting.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Of all the characters I'm worried about dying, she's not one of them. I'm convinced if she were a mistake or massively disliked they would've gone the Ana Lucia route.

I do have this sneaky suspicion she'll die in the last episode of the show or something.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm always concerned about characters dying. This show has me beyond paranoid. I fully expect at any moment someone I like is going to be killed off. I really wish the 'death stick' could be put away for the rest of the series. It would make my viewing much easier.

I love all the comments about Elizabeth's fantastic acting. It makes me feel good about her survival chances.

Quote:
I too want to know what made her go from mousy to manipulative on the island.
I still think they go through 'How to be an Other' training when the get to the island. They all are manipulative, they are all doctor's or other genius type, can do plumbing, they spy, black belts in karate, can handle guns very well.... That would explain how Juliet became the Juliet we know and love. Either that or the people they recruit have more than one talent.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hee! 'How to be an Other' training. It sounds like a course or something. LOL. But I agree. Juliet had to learn how to handle a gun and defend herself. That back flip she gave to Kate is not something pre-island Juliet knew beforehand. Though apparently she's got a bit more to learn about baking muffins.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Hee! 'How to be an Other' training. It sounds like a course or something. LOL. But I agree. Juliet had to learn how to handle a gun and defend herself. That back flip she gave to Kate is not something pre-island Juliet knew beforehand. Though apparently she's got a bit more to learn about baking muffins.

I have this vision of all these others sitting in a Dharma Initiative classroom furiously taking notes on a course called 'Strangers to the Island? 10 tips for proper manipulation' It's almost kind of silly how many skills those others have.

You know, Muffins are tricky. Obviously cooking isn't part of their training, and if it is, Juliet failed. Badly. However, I bet those toothpicks gave her great marks in presentation.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearllers (View Post)
I have this vision of all these others sitting in a Dharma Initiative classroom furiously taking notes on a course called 'Strangers to the Island? 10 tips for proper manipulation' It's almost kind of silly how many skills those others have.
Seriously. They can frak with your head and kick your ass at the same time.

Quote:
You know, Muffins are tricky. Obviously cooking isn't part of their training, and if it is, Juliet failed. Badly. However, I bet those toothpicks gave her great marks in presentation.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Elizabeth reminds me of an older version of the actress that plays Amanda on 'Ugly Betty'.

Say, does anyone know where I can locate some nice Elizabeth/Juliet icons?
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Becki Newton? Hmm...I don't see a resemblance, but they're both pretty blondes.

I get all my Lost icons here
Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi (View Post)
Elizabeth reminds me of an older version of the actress that plays Amanda on 'Ugly Betty'.

Say, does anyone know where I can locate some nice Elizabeth/Juliet icons?
There's some nice ones here too: ELIZABETH MITCHELL WEB || Everything Elizabeth Mitchell
Old 10-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

See, I didn't even know there were icons on Elizabeth's site.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Me neither. If I want a great icon I go to Polly´s lj
Old 10-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too! Polly makes the best stuff. I'm always camping out on her LJ.