Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

That´s true. There gotta be some parent issues.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Most definitely. Every character on this island has to have daddy or mommy issues. Probably both. I won't be the least bit surprised if Juliet is next.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I wonder about her relationship with them. Though instead of Daddy issues (which is one of the major themes on the show) maybe she'll have mother issues.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

That would be an interesting flashback. It would be nice to get more information about who she has issues with.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Elizabeth Mitchell Moments

Old 10-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those pics. It´s nice to see how her look changed
Old 10-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, she's always been lovely. And a natural blonde too! What a rare thing in Hollywood these days.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

I found a nice quote by M.C. Gainey in the latest Lost Magazine.

LM: How was it working with the other Others?

M.C.: The great thing about the season was the addition of Juliet. Elizabeth Mitchell is so fantastic. I wasn't just taking orders from Ben, there was also Juliet and Isabel (Diana Scarwid), and other Others around - there was a whole hierarchy. Plus, Elizabeth was a dream to work with. I think she should get an Emmy for her work this year. She was sensational and what an amazing breath of fresh air she was for the Others. She's a strong woman who was also a prisoner. She had a very complicated character arc to play and she played it brilliantly, I was blown away by her work.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Wow she's changed quite a bit over the years. She's always been so lovely.

Quote:
I think she should get an Emmy for her work this year. She was sensational and what an amazing breath of fresh air she was for the Others. She's a strong woman who was also a prisoner. She had a very complicated character arc to play and she played it brilliantly, I was blown away by her work.
WORD! This guy is awesome!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Ha. Love how he is saying what we have all been saying. Damn Emmy voters.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow I've been absent for a while......

I miss this thread. I miss Juliet. I miss Lost, especially since this show doesn't kill off popular characters in ruthless, unnecessary ways. ......Oh, wait, nevermind.

You know I've always thought Juliet and her sister had some daddy issues. I don't know what it was, but somehting in her flashbacks led me to think that. Maybe that was only because everyone else has them though, I kind of expect it now.

Gosh, I'm still mad she didn't even get nomminated.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, what a nice thing for "Tom" to say. She was phenomenal this season. Those Emmy people were on crack bypassing Elizabeth.

Welcome back, Pearllers!

As for the bad daddy issue thing, Juliet was married to a sleazeball. Isn't that usually indicative, in most cases, of the relationship between father/daughter at some period in the person's life? Perhaps she and Rachel come from a broken home. Or is that a bad generalization?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Those Emmy people were on crack bypassing Elizabeth

Quote:
Juliet was married to a sleazeball. Isn't that usually indicative, in most cases, of the relationship between father/daughter at some period in the person's life? Perhaps she and Rachel come from a broken home. Or is that a bad generalization?
Generally abused women who have issues with their father (not saying Juliet was abused, but verbally abused) tend to marry men who are also abusive. It could however just be that Juliet and her sister were constantly treated poorly and therefore Juliet didn't have high self-esteem, which is also why she could've settled for such a tool.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Generally abused women who have issues with their father (not saying Juliet was abused, but verbally abused) tend to marry men who are also abusive. It could however just be that Juliet and her sister were constantly treated poorly and therefore Juliet didn't have high self-esteem, which is also why she could've settled for such a tool.
You know I almost think it's a little bit of both. Or maybe they are the same thing as far as the self-esteem goes. The fact that her ex treated her so badly, took advantage of her, and basically walked all over her makes me think he isn't the first person to do so. Especially since they were divorced and she was still letting him do it.

Then when Richard came to recruit her she had like zero self-esteem. I would think that would take more than just an ex husband being a jerk to get you to that kind of a level.

I even think she let Ben walk all over her too, although she did finally become a stronger person and stand up for herself at the end of last season. Much to my enjoyment.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was the really absurd thing. Ed was no longer her husband yet he still had some kind of control over her. That's what made me think that perhaps it's more than just she's unlucky with romance. Maybe the issue extended all the way to her childhood. But real world Juliet and island Juliet are two different people. Whatever it was that had her so mousy and timid is no longer an issue. The island toughened her up.