Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Elizabeth Mitchell/Juliet #31: Why watch V? "Elizabeth's in it. I mean, come on, she's pretty fantastic" - Joel Gretsch

Welcome to the 31st Appreciation Thread for
Elizabeth&Juliet

Why watch V? "Elizabeth's in it. I mean, come on, she's pretty fantastic" - Joel Gretsch

115. haleylove
116. Majora's Mask
117. JB4EVER
118. -Glena-
119. BRoody
120. Isabelle13
121. irulan
122. axxgirl
123. Desperados
124. joy4jate
125. Daydreamer09
126. loveslullaby
127. crazycait714
128. iKi
129. ~ ayumi ~

Five Reasons Why We Love Juliet:

Centric Episodes

"My favourite one for the third season is One Of Us. That's the one where Juliet
comes back to the camp, Claire gets sick and miraculously Juliet can help us.
Then you find out in her back-story it was all planned. I really like Elizabeth
Mitchell as an actress. She is amazing and I love seeing her on screen."
- Gregg Nations

Five Reasons Why They Love Liz:

When asked about her favourite onscreen kiss:

Angelina: God I don’t know, probably the girl in Gia, Elizabeth Mitchell.
Reporter: I’m a little surprised you would say that.
Angelina: Well, she’s the truth though… I think it’s just the difference. It stands out – you remember.

Film, TV & Theatre Credits

Film
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (2006) Carol Newman
Running Scared (2006) Edele
Haskett's Chance (2006) Ann Haskett
3: The Dale Earnhardt Story (2004) Teresa Earnhardt
Gramercy Park (2004) Taylor Elliot Quinn
The Santa Clause 2 (2002) Carol Newman
Man and Boy (2002) Cyd Mason
Double Bang (2001) Dr. Karen Winterman
Hollywood Palms (2001) Blair
The Linda McCartney Story (2000) Linda McCartney
Nurse Betty (2000) Chloe Jensen
Frequency (2000) Julia 'Jules' Sullivan
Molly (1999) Beverly Trehare
Gia (1998) Linda
Comfort, Texas (1997) Trudy

TV
"House M.D." (2004) Sister Mary Augustine
"Boston Legal" (2004) Christine Pauley
"Everwood" (2004) Sara Beck
"The Lyon's Den" (2003) Ariel Saxon
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2003) Melissa Winters
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (2003) Andrea Brown
"Spin City" (2001) Nancy Wheeler
"The Beast" (2001) Alice Allenby
"ER" (2000-2001) Dr. Kim Legaspi
"Time of Your Life" (1999-2000)Ashley Holloway
"Significant Others" (1998) Jane Chasen
"JAG" (1997) Lt. Sandra Gilbert
"The Sentinel" (1996) Wendy Hawthorne
"L.A. Firefighters" (1996) Laura Malloy
"Dangerous Curves" (1993) Bethanny Haines

Theatre
A Midsummer Night’s Dream (2008) Helena
Absolution (1999) Gordon's Wife
Three Tall Women (1995) C
Red Channels (1994) Shelia Harcourt
Amateurs (1992) Jennifer

I think that Elizabeth Mitchell definitely was robbed of
a Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series nod for Lost.
Her work has been top-notch, and Juliet emerged
as my favorite character this Lost season.
- Matt Roush, TV Guide (2007)

Awards & Nominations
2007 Saturn Award Best Supporting Actress on Televisiona Nominated
2007 Hollywood Life Awards Breakthrough of the Year Won
2008 Saturn Award Best Supporting Actress on Television Won - tied with Summer Glau.
2009 Saturn Award Best Supporting Actress on Television Nominated (result will be announced in June)

Lists, Lists, Lists

Lost Schmost, Bring on V!

Previous Threads:
#1. We finally meet her and we love her!
#2. Good or Bad, she just rocks!
#3. Give the Girl an Emmy!
#4. Because we would never leave her behind!!!
#5. Those Piercing Blue Eyes will Take Anyone Down
#6. Her laugh is infectious!
#7. "It's very stressful being an Other."
#8. Because she didn't leave until everyone was in that raft
#9. Queen of Ambiguity
#10. The girl next door you don't want to piss off
#11. Sweet, but can kill you
#12. "Sometimes I get lonely and if I need a hug, Liz is there to deliver." - RM
#13. Because she is Evi's and ours biggest girl crush.
#14. "Elizabeth was a dream to work with." - M.C. Gainey.
#15: Cause our Southern Beauty will kick some serious ass this year.
#16: 'Juliet has this scary-slash-intense thing going on.'
#17: "She's vicious! I love that about her." - Liz Mitchell
#18: She can rebuild your transmission and then deliver your baby.
#19: "Elizabeth's one of the greatest women I've ever met." - Rebecca Mader
#20: "I love Elizabeth as a person. And as an actress, she's a pro. She's very still." - Josh Holloway
#21: She's our funky island blonde.
#22: To us it matters who she was, who she is and who she will be.
#23: All we need is Lizzie's wonderful laugh to get us through rough days.
#24: We Can't Imagine Life Without Blondie!
#25: Blowing up bombs, and then kicking some alien ass!
#26: Because Liz and Michael are about to hit Broadway!
#27: Mitchell converys more emotion in her eyes than most actresses get across their whole careers
#28: She's "kind, generous and a pleasure to be around." - Robin Weigert
#29: "I like tough women, but Erica is outwardly tough. You don't want to mess with her." -E. Mitchell
#30: "Because from 'Lost' to 'V' we would follow her anywhere."

* Much credit to:

Elizabeth Mitchell Fan
Elizabeth Mitchell Online
midnightstouch on deviantART
Scully7491 on deviantART
Lost Media

Elizabeth Mitchell Board
Join the discussion!

Last edited by irulan; 01-16-2010 at 05:16 PM
Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I am beyond excited for V. This has potential to be awesome, I hope I like it. Elizabeth in the promo =
... Sawyer & Kate
Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Another new article:

Quote:
Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin Welcome You to V

We talk to the stars of the new sci-fi series.

Walking along the Vancouver backlot where the new V is being shot, Elizabeth Mitchell (best known as Lost's Juliet) is noting that when it comes to taking time to promote her new series, "It's worth it. Most of the time, you want to build the hype so something less than adequate can be put out there and people will swallow it. But in this particular case, we're like, 'Just watch it!' That's all we really want you to do is actually just turn on your television and watch it, because then you'll want to watch the next one. You're going to think it's good. Otherwise, I wouldn't be out here saying, 'It's really good!'"

A remake of the 1980s miniseries of the same name, V begins when the alien "Visitors", led by Anna (Firefly's Morena Baccarin) arrive on Earth, touting a message of peace. While none of the characters in the new V are direct versions of the originals, viewers will certainly recall the beautiful, commanding Diana (played by Jane Badler) when they see the beautiful, commanding Anna. However, when comparing the two, Baccarin remarks, "I think Diana's a lot more evil. It's a very different character. It's a different show. Anna I think strides that line between good and evil a little bit more."

That being said, Baccarin adds, "I think Anna definitely wants to call the shots. Anna is the leader of the Visitors, so she's the one and calling the shots and figuring out what needs to happen in order for them to get what they want." However, Baccarin notes, "It would be wrong to play her as this misogynistic leader that just demands what she does of people. I think one of the wonderful things that the writers have given me with Anna is a nurturing personality. Somebody that has the well being of other people in mind. She doesn't take s**t, but at the same time, she's a nurturing leader."

The arrival of the Visitors, or "Vs" as they're quickly referred to, causes many different reactions in the populace. Mitchell's FBI agent Erica Evans is wary, especially as her own teenage son Tyler (Logan Huffman) becomes very entranced by the Vs – especially the beautiful Lisa (Smallville's Laura Vandervoort). Mitchell was filming the fourth episode of V when I visited the set, and she noted that Erica, "Has somewhat of a quick-trigger temper. I've learned that she's good at juggling working and motherhood, but not very good. She is a wonderful mother, but she's also incredibly split. She's so good at what she does. She's so good at her job. She's so good at getting in there and figuring it all out, and I think as in all people who do heroic things, she feels as though if she's not there doing it, then the world will fall to pieces… and in this case, it will fall! So I think that's really fun. I've enjoyed that."

The character with perhaps the biggest dilemma in the face of the Vs' arrival, at least on a spiritual level, is Jack Landry, played by The 4400's Joel Gretsch. Sitting with me on the sets for the FBI offices belonging to Erica and her partner Dale Maddox (Alan Tudyk), Gretsch notes, "Jack's a priest. So he says, 'Aliens showing up is not in the scriptures. How do you relate that to God?' He's in a complete quandary."

Gretsch added that Jack also can't help note that people died when the Vs suddenly arrived in giant spaceships floating over major cities, "And he also has a gut instinct that something's not right. And I love that aspect of Father Jack. He's a man of faith and faith is such a difficult thing for everybody. Faith that your loved ones are going to be okay, that life is going to work out, that you're going to get enough money that you're going to be able to support your family. So faith is a difficult thing, and even though he's a man of faith, this aspect of it… He's seeing that people are looking towards [the Vs] and discussion of devotion is frightening to him, because we want to have them steer more towards God than them. But they're promoting all their technology to help people, and it's hard to not get wrapped up in that, because people are looking for somebody to take care of them and help them. It's a very unsettling thing."

◄ Previous 1 2

Scott Wolf describes his character, reporter Chad Decker, as, "A guy who's successful, but not nearly as successful as he believes that he should be. Ambitious, but kind of being looked over. I think he wants to be more important than that, but by the time his moment comes where the devil is offering him a deal for his soul, he's not so separated from his own integrity yet that that's an easy decision."

That devil is Anna, who offers Chad the interview of a lifetime, but with some very specific caveats that are not journalistically responsible. Wolf noted that Chad's ambition makes him vulnerable, "to being co-opted by the Visitors. They see that in him and choose him because of that. Clearly he has a lot to gain from this, which is one of the fun things about Chad's place in the story. If aliens arrived tomorrow, like they do in our story, we'd all have our own reaction based on who we are and what that even would mean for us. So for Chad, there's a huge opportunity in this arrival and he wants to capitalize on it. The thing that makes it really kind of fun and a cat and mouse game between him and them is that he wants it bad enough that he just might sell the world out to get it."

Baccarin is very familiar with science fiction, thanks to her work on Firefly and Stargate SG-1 and said of V, "What I love about this show is there are these sci-fi shows that are all about the sci-fi - All about the spaceship and the aliens and the people with three eyes. We're not that. There are sci-fi elements to it and it is an alien show, but it's about the humans and the Visitors and our relationships to each other. We look like humans and we interact like humans. There's really a lot of fine tuning and interesting relationship drama that will draw people to it."

Said Gretsch, "I think great storytelling is mirroring what's going on in society. Post 9/11 has changed all of us forever, regardless of whether you live in the United States. And there are people out there with not very good intentions. That's just a reality. And I think this story mirrors that. I think back in the time when the original V came out, there was a certain mirroring of things that were occurring that rattle us. The version we're doing now, the aspect of trust is huge. Who do you trust? In our lives, who do you trust? Who can you really trust?"

Gretsch has plenty of experience with sci-fi as well, thanks to Taken and The 4400, and remarked, "Sci-fi projects I think are just great storytelling. There's a great duality to have sci-fi and then to have character-driven stuff. The stuff that I've gotten to do has been both of that. It's not just the sci-fi aspect and it's not just character driven. It's both. Sci-fi I always think makes you think a little bit bigger. You look up into space and it's so vast and extraordinary and it's nice to have a show that will go to the what if. It's such a playful, wonderful area and it makes your imagination just take off."

V debuts in November with four episodes airing through the month – before the show then takes a long break, returning in the spring with more episodes. ABC is referring to this first batch of episodes as a "pod", and many are questioning if it will work or not – those in favor argue that if the show airs four strong episodes, it will simply help anticipation for what's to come, but others fear that any momentum being built (both in terms of audience and storyline) could be jeopardized by the show being off the air so quickly after it debuts. Mitchell shrugged over the debate over the scheduling, simply stating, "The pod will either work or it will not." However, she added that when it came to the first four episodes and the writers' knowledge that they would air by themselves, "The pod is exciting, because we got to do a lot of fun stuff. The pod got pumped up. The pod got some steroids."

The night before my visit to the set, Mitchell had invited the entire cast over to her home, to watch the pilot episode together. Praise was high on set for the extremely friendly and likable Mitchell, with Gretsch noting, "I even said to my wife, 'God, she's great!' What you see is what you get with Elizabeth. Even before you say action or cut, she's fully alive, she's fully present with you, she's expressive and encompassing. She's generous… I said to her the other day, 'You're a little weird, Elizabeth.' Because she's so great! She's so unusually great. She's been a joy to work with and I feel that way about the whole cast."

Mitchell shared that enthusiasm for her castmates, praising them all. She noted that she and Baccarin have not shot any scenes together yet – though it's hard to believe that when Erica and Anna meet, it will be on very friendly terms. Mitchell felt nothing but love for Baccarin though, noting, "She's just a sweet, smart, fantastically talented New York actress." Mitchell then paused a moment, and with a grin, got back into Erica's mindset, adding, "I'm willing to fight her though."

V premieres Tuesday, November 3rd at 8:00pm ET/PT on ABC.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/104/1041273p2.html
Now how cool is it that Elizabeth invited the entire cast over to her house to watch the pilot together? She's ultra-sweet. And I'm once again loving the Joel Gretsch quotes. He and Liz seem to get along very well but then so does the entire cast. It must be a lot of fun to spend a day with them on-set.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT and I'm SO excited for tonight!!!
Amanda's Twitter
Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Passionate Fan

You're welcome guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)

Another new article:

Now how cool is it that Elizabeth invited the entire cast over to her house to watch the pilot together? She's ultra-sweet. And I'm once again loving the Joel Gretsch quotes. He and Liz seem to get along very well but then so does the entire cast. It must be a lot of fun to spend a day with them on-set.
My love for Joel grows every day more

He said all about her. She's really an amazing person!
She deserves all this popularity and this love!
I'm happy she is so proud of her new project! She believes in it so much!
I have to admit I like very much the cast! They're so tight-knit, in so short time!

Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

SciFi Wire interview with the V cast: V cast talks aliens, terrorism and invasion | SCI FI Wire

Joel Gretsch is so pretty.

And sadly, some more behind-the-scenes problems for V:

Quote:
Big V shakeup: Former Chuck producer takes over

There's been a big shakeup at ABC's V, which debuts tonight: Scott Peters, who has been the guy running the show for last several months, has been replaced by Scott Rosenbaum, a former executive producer of NBC's Chuck.

Peters (The 4400) has been the guy shepherding the reboot project, which stars his 4400 alumnus Joel Gretsch and even shoots at the same studio in Vancouver, Canada, where 4400 shot.

Here's how The Wrap reported it:

Peters will retain an executive producer credit on "V." But Rosenbaum, an executive producer on "Chuck" (and "The Shield"), will now be at the helm.

The showrunner shift had been anticipated in Hollywood circles for weeks, since ABC and Warner Bros. TV made the joint decision to halt production on the series in order to get scripts in shape. According to USA Today, which broke the news of the shuffle, Peters was removed from his post last Thursday.

Meanwhlie, Chicago Tribune columnist Maureen Ryan notes that another V executive producer/writer, Jeffrey Bell (Harper's Island, Angel), is expected to leave. Peters is expected to remain on the V staff and write for the show.

The show has undergone some upheaval: The original pilot was tweaked to redo the final fight scene and now features a sci-fi element, a floating alien device called a "seeker," as well as amped-up action.

The first of four V episodes airs tonight. After four eps, the show will take a hiatus until March.

Does the hiring of Chuck's Rosenbaum suggest that ABC wants a lighter touch on this material? The original series had its campy moments: Are they looking for the same kind of thing? What do you think?

Big V shakeup: Former Chuck producer takes over | SCI FI Wire
ABC really needs to stop tinkering with this show if what they're suggesting in this article is true.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Hoo-wee haven't been here in a while. Can't wait for V tonight! =) I'm swamped with homework and exams but there's no way I'm missing this haha.

How is everyone btw? Nice to see you all keeping the Liz love alive. Alex, congrats on becoming a mod over at the Liz board. I need to go visit that place too.

Oh oh, can I say I love the cast of V? They're all so awesome and so articulate and cool and laid back and hot and ahhhh. *flails arms around*

ANDDDD Morris just might be my new fav. "Elizabeth Mitchell in THE BED" I died when I saw that interview.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

add me!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

I love "V" and I love love love Erica Evans. She's so kickass and Liz is fantastic in that role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salu (View Post)
Alex, congrats on becoming a mod over at the Liz board.
Thank you.

Quote:
I need to go visit that place too.
You really should.

Quote:
ANDDDD Morris just might be my new fav. "Elizabeth Mitchell in THE BED" I died when I saw that interview.
Rest assured, you weren't the only one who felt that way. Liz and Morris are a hoot. Together and apart.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread .
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Elite Fan

A short little interview with Liz and other V cast members on etalk. There might be a little Juliet-related spoilery hint in there: YouTube - Elizabeth Mitchell on eTalk

Credit goes to Luanne from FBL.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait to watch V, but i'm affraid i'll only have time later today .
Old 11-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Elite Fan

A couple of new promo pictures from the V pilot:

And some of the older ones in better quality:

Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Addicted Fan

V was SO awesome last night!!! I'm loving it already too!!! I LOVE Erica and Liz was just amazing!!! While watching Erica kick some alien butt, I was SO into it and I haven't been like that since I watched Buffy!!! SO happy to see Liz play such an awesome, powerful female character!!! Plus it was really cool seeing Liz play a mom and I'm liking the characters Jack, Tyler, and Ryan too!!! Anna totally creeps me out though. LOL

Can't wait for next week's ep!!!
Amanda's Twitter