Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

I have no defense but that I love her! Yeah, if I ever met Liz in real life God help me.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_ here_ I _come (View Post)
I would pay big money (if I had it) to sit and watch her read the dictionary! I can see it now...

Liz: Run, a verb that means to -
Me: Say it again
Liz: Say what? *trademark giggle*
Me: The first part
Liz: Run, a verb -
Me:
Cuz that wouldn't freak her out with the googly eye's you'd be giving her.

Quote:
Yeah, if I ever met Liz in real life God help me.
I think Liz might need the help. Seriously I sometimes wonder if her some of her fans wouldn't creep her out. I think I would creep her out.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I would pay big money (if I had it) to sit and watch her read the dictionary! I can see it now...

Me:
Libby Haha!

I have a feeling we would all majorly creep her out if we met her in real life. Of course, she would be a doll about it and remain totally lovely
Old 05-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

We have our first V promo picture:

Credit goes to the guys from VisitorSite.net: V - News And Information - The Visitors. It's so awesome to see Liz as the series lead.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Awesome! And lookie who's in the centre!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
'Lost' scoop: Juliet mystery (sort of) solved

And now for some news that should surprise no one: ABC is expected to announce tomorrow that it has picked up a reboot of the camptastic '80s thriller V and that Lost heroine Elizabeth Mitchell is a full-time castmember.

Translation: She will not be returning to Lost as a series regular.

However, before you go declaring Juliet DOA from last week's detonated hydrogen bomb, I should point out that this piece of scoop comes with a big but attached: Mitchell's Lost days are not done. Multiple sources confirm that the actress is expected to appear in an unspecified number of episodes next season, so it's entirely possible Juliet survived Jughead and her absence will be explained in another way. (Check out Doc Jensen's column this Wednesday for a comprehensive Juliet theorypalooza.)

What do you think happened to Juliet? And are you as bummed as I am that we'll be seeing less of her next season? Sound off below!

'Lost' scoop: Juliet mystery (sort of) solved | Lost | Ausiello Files | EW.com
Hm, I think it's gonna be one of the following 2 options. Either she will be in the season premiere only to confirm her character's death or she will be back for a short kickass arc of 3-4 episodes as a recurring guest star at the very end of the series.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
We have our first V promo picture:

Credit goes to the guys from VisitorSite.net: V - News And Information - The Visitors. It's so awesome to see Liz as the series lead.
Omg, yay! I can't wait to see that in HQ! Thanks Alex!

Also, I don't know what to say about that Ausiello scoop. It sounds hopeful, but at the same time it doesn't.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Either she will be in the season premiere only to confirm her character's death or she will be back for a short kickass arc of 3-4 episodes as a recurring guest star at the very end of the series.
I'm hoping for the short kickass arc! If it says episodeS then they can't just be bringing her back to film a death scene in the premiere...of course then, we could have EM appear in a fb/ghosty form. And Darlton won't confirm anything until 2010.

I'm gonna go back to my old faithful emoticon of
Old 05-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is probably the emoticon that sums up this whole thing best.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

I just noticed that they gave Liz the exact same look like the series lead (Anna Torv) on Fringe.

Quote:
Hey.... I like Jin.
Quote:
Aw poor Jin gets no love
Quote:
I love Jin too.
Guys, it's not that I hate Jin or anything like that. It's just that he does absolutely nothing for me. I'm totally indifferent to the character and could care less if he's alive or dead.

Quote:
LOL - To be honest, I think it was the addition of new characters that kept me interested in this show.
Same goes for me. Season 2 bored me to tears and I was about to give up on the show, but along came Juliet and Ben and I was hooked.

Quote:
Similar traits in what regard? Meaning, Juliet would acquire the ability to shift between time periods within her state of mind? Yeah, that would probably require a hell of a flashback but it would be an interesting twist for her character. Perhaps, if there was a time reset scenario, this is the new "Path" that leads Juliet back to the island? Instead of Ben?

Not likely - not only because of the episode time allotted for development of such a story like you pointed out but also because didn't Darlton say this was officially the end of all the "time-travel" stuff? They probably wouldn't need such a character anymore. Further proof that Desmond is most likely a goner from the island plot-line.
Yeah, the flashes and all that stuff. I think what leads them to believe this is that Eloise called Desmond "special" and said the island wasn't done with him yet, but then in "The Variable" she suddenly backtracked on it and told him she doesn't know what's going to happen next for the first time in her life. So even if the flashes per se aren't important anymore one would have to assume that Desmond's "special" character was still needed in one way or another unless someone on the island has taken over the exact same traits that made him so special and important in the first place.

But if there's a reset I have absolutely no idea how Juliet would make it back to the island unless the reset comes with a mind wipe and she has no idea what happened to her from the moment she agreed to take up Mittelos on their offer.

I don't see any of this happening, but I think it's fun to speculate nonetheless.

Quote:
I don't understand it myself. The vision of Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter indicates another "rescue." Who's coming this time? Seriously, I really wish these writers would stick with one "destination" and stick with it for better or worse. Are they meant to stay on the frick'in island or does the ultimate point lie in rescue back to the mainland? Because the writers went to all that trouble to show how the oceanic six weren't meant to ever leave the island in the first place. Their lives sucked, LOL! Now, we're going to have a repetitive theme of "search and rescue?" Oh wait - let me guess? It's going to be revealed that people like Sun, Jin, and Claire aren't meant to stay on the island? Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc. are the ones ultimately important to the whole purpose of the island story?
This is what I suspect if there is no reset or alternate timeline. The big characters (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Ben, Locke, Sayid, Hurley and Ilana) are supposed to live and die on the island but characters like Jin, Claire, Miles and Juliet (if the latter 2 survive) are not meant to be on it. It makes no sense otherwise IMO.

Quote:
Agreed. I don't hate him or anything but unfortunately, these originals became pointless when the writers shifted all their attentions into certain "originals." Can't blame the new characters for that - they were the outlets for the people that didn't care for the chosen "few" out of the originals or for fans that just like to see some new additions added alongside the old ones.

I would take Juliet, Ben, or Claire over Jin. Unfortunatly, the writers are making the whole dynamic for Sun/Jin repetitive. They separate/reunite, they separate/ reunite etc. The only difference so far is the period of time in which this occurs.
What I don't get is Daniel Dae Kim. If I had to guess I would say that he has barely accumulated over 60 minutes of screentime in the last 2 seasons. Why doesn't he go to the execs of ABC and renegotiate his contract from series regular to recurring guest star? It surely can't be the money because actors only get paid for the number of episodes they actually appear in. And I think it would be quite boring to be stuck in Hawaii and barely get to do anything for such a long time. At least if he were to renegotiate he could audition for a leading role on other show and then fly to Hawaii for those 4 or 5 episodes he's needed for per season.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Me:
Oh that was good.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm hoping for the short kickass arc! If it says episodeS then they can't just be bringing her back to film a death scene in the premiere...of course then, we could have EM appear in a fb/ghosty form. And Darlton won't confirm anything until 2010.
Whatever it is, I sincerely hope those sources know what the hell they are doing. From what I've seen the big majority of the Lost fandom (there were more people out there who were happy about Charlie's death than there were about Juliet's) hopes for Juliet to be alive and get a happy ending next season. It's insanely cruel toward the fans if Ausiello, Kristin and co. keep their hopes up for 10 months and then it turns out that Juliet's only back for a further death scene and a ghost appearance where she gives Sawyer permission to hook up with Kate.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 05-19-2009 at 04:30 AM
Old 05-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

If it's true, it would be great to see Juliet again. But either way she's not returning as a regular. So I'm not getting my hopes up too much.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As always with any new show it could be canceled at any time if it bombs in the ratings ..

don't want her new show to bomb ,Wow poor choice of words ,but it happens