Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea, I hope she realizes that it was Charlie's choice and that Charlie could've tried to save himself, but he didn't.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Desmond can always point out the bump on his head. "Look! He totally socked me in the head with a paddle!"
Old 01-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Added everyone who asked to the lists. Welcome, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mone (View Post)
Desmond can always point out the bump on his head. "Look! He totally socked me in the head with a paddle!"
Now I have a very funny visual of Desmond saying that.

I really hope we get to see Desmond have some communication with her specifically when he breaks the news about Charlie's death. I can picture him telling the whole group but focusing almost completely on her, for instance, because he knows that she's going to be most affected by it. A hug would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breath. I would love to see him have some moment of trying to give her comfort or otherwise act as a friend to her, though. Baby steps.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 01-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

how do you think Claire is going to react to the news? will she try to act strong, run away or totally break down crying and allow everyone to hug her?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:49 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mone (View Post)
I can imagine Desmond saying that too

I think Claire will try to be strong when she hears the news, I think she might let Kate comfort her as she was there for the birth of Aaron so she might feel a closeness with her. I really hope she lets Desmond comfort her too though, hopefully he'll feel a duty towards her now that Charlie is gone.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

and eventually duty will turn into real friendship
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Echo*~ (View Post)
Baby steps.
I really feel like this is a 'baby steps' ship, and I hope TPTB continue to give them little moments here and there along the way. Not that I would complain about a hug in the premiere - certainly not - but I think Claire is most likely to turn to Sun for comfort and to demand answers/an explanation/an apology from Desmond.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ poor Desmond. I'll hug him when and if Claire yells at him or ends up hating him. I'll be his friend.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Aww.

But I really liked the look on his face when Claire called his bluff in Par Avion.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Hi everyone

I'm a BIG Charlie/Claire fan, but unfortunately, we all know what happened there So I think Desmond is the next best person for Claire. I really hope they help each other through their grief over Charlie.

Can I be added?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Added you, 4brathan&brucas. Nice to see so many new people coming by.

Hopefully, season 4 will be the season that their friendship blossoms, since Claire's lost the person that she hung out with the most on the island now and her plotline will have to move in a new direction, and Desmond's been kind of an outsider on the island for a while now.

Quote:
I think Claire is most likely to turn to Sun for comfort and to demand answers/an explanation/an apology from Desmond.
As sad as that would be to watch, I'd love it if they had a moment like that which then led to a later moment where they connect and/or bond. I can understand her being angry in the immediate shock of learning about Charlie's death, but it might be nice to see her have that moment and then realize later on that she's taking her grief out on Desmond and soften her position toward him.
that a broken heart is blind
Old 01-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I think Desmond and Claire will need each other now more than ever without Charlie. Not necessarily in a romantic way, just in a way that they're there for each other. Either way is fine by me.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-31-2008, 04:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I hope Desmond was able to save Charlie's list or that he at least read it.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

OMG I hope so too, for Claire's sake. And because he made a promise to Charlie
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

I hope he manages to give the list to Claire too! Even if it's just so we can have a scene with just the two of them in it.