Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Copulators {Jack&Kate} #500: "1. 2. 3. 4. 500"

Welcome to the Jack&Kate Appreciation Thread

They have struggled to survive, together.
They have faced the unspeakable, together.
Chance has separated them.
Nothing in the world will keep them apart.
ABC Promo

[1-389]

Members+
390. phantomi
391. Dani Poa
392. natural_disaster
393. Libra
394. BroodyxCheery
395. so·lil·o·quy
396. dreamer3

Honorary members
1. Matthew Fox
2. Evangeline Lilly
3. Josh Holloway
4. J.J. Abrams
5. Gregg Nations
6. Damon Lindelof
7. Carlton Cuse
8. ABC Network
9. Jimmy Kimmel
10. Ellen Degeneres
11. Saturday Night Live Writers
12. Michael Canfield
13. Chris Carabott
14. Kevin Williamson
15. Sabrina Rojas Weiss
16. Michael Ausiello
17. Cosmopolitan Magazine
18. Eddie Kitsis
19. Elizabeth Mitchell
20. Bruno Tonioli
21. The Bert Show Hosts
22. Jon Stewart and Wyatt Cenac

• Season One

A doctor. And a criminal. On the same plane sitting just seats away from each other
not even knowing that if they looked to the left or right, they'd be looking their destiny directly in the eyes. Out of the chaos and tragedy of a horrible plane crash in the
middle of nowhere, two people found their balance; their heart; their best friend. S1 brought Jack and Kate into each other's lives but also presented them with various
obstacles that would be ever present as their relationship deepened. Jack accepted Kate's past but showed her that it didn't have to dictate her future. He held her accountable for her actions and didn't let the old Kate consume the strong and caring woman he met
the day they crashed. Kate gave Jack someone to lean on in his difficult job as leader, she gave him a companion to look to when he needed advice and most importantly never let him put the blame of anything on himself. This is the season that showed us,
no matter what happens, Jack and Kate will always have each other's backs.

Episode 1x01 - The Pilot
"From the beginning Jack and Kate had this instant connection. She found him alone, stitched him up,
and at the very moment she doubted herself saying, "I think I would have run for the door,"
Jack instantly shows that he has all the faith in the world in her -- "You're not running now."
Unknowingly he looked completely past Kate's flaws, seeing who she truly is,
inspiring her with his story about fear, and at the same time calming his own fears.
This is probably the most touching first meeting between a couple ever for me because of
the undertones that run so strong between Jack and Kate from the moment Jack says, "Excuse me."
It's one of those moments in television that can truly be called epic,, - Ash

Episode 1x07 - The Moth

"Only some days after the crash they experienced their first separation but they missed
more than anything else the presence of the other one. Love and Logic are two different things.
Heading out on a misson to get them rescued, Kate feels that something has happened.
On the same time we see Jack buried under stones.
When Sawyer announced this news , she gives up on the chance of being rescued for Jack.
In the caves, although she is literally loosing it, she puts all her strength to save him .
Ultimately, Jack sudenly arrives and Kate, who spent her whole life running away from people,
"is already running" to him and "wraps her arms around Jack in the hug of all hugs."
And we, the audience, embrace them closer.
After this meeting, they reach a new level of intimacy: Kate makes him his "very first sling." - Pauline

• Season Two

Flirting in the shower, golf and dinner dates, first kisses, nets, jealousy and unspoken feelings. All of these things describe the Jack and Kate arc in S2. Team Jate was in full effect as the season opened but with the discovery of the hatch, the mysterious "Others", the people joining the group from the tail section of the plane, as well as the arrival of "Henry Gale" and the abduction of Walt, the Jack and Kate relationship took a bit of a backseat and the underlying gulf between them was emphasized as the season progressed. Even so, the depth of their connection and the longing they felt when they weren't on the best of terms was more than obvious. In a wave of passion and confusion, torn between her heart & her head, Kate kissed Jack for the very first time and then ran from him, as the criminal side of Kate who takes care of herself when things get intense took over her body and her mind. Both were shaken by a magnitude of feelings created by this event and it caused a rift between them that was riddled by jealousy on Kate's end of the woman, Ana, now occupying his time and companionship. It wasn't until Jack invited Kate on a mission with him that the tension came to a head. Kate felt so horrible that her kissing him had such a negative impact on their relationship so she apologized because she would rather have him back as her partner and friend, than not have him at all. But Jack didn't want her apology, because he wasn't sorry she kissed him and the revelation of that threw both of their hearts into a tailspin. We ended the season with Jack, Kate and Sawyer being abducted by the Others, but not before Jack and Kate let their eyes do the talking in one long look of love, fear and regret before they were to be separated for a very long time. Kate was about to experience what life on the island would really be like if you weren't here, Jack...

Episode 2x09 - What Kate Did
"Wow! Kate killed her father. And when you're on the island stuff like that come back to haunt you.
Kate used to run. And after she kisses Jack look what she did.
By the way, that kiss oh my God I didn't see it coming at all. It really surprised me.
They started to get closer and I thought they wouldn't and THEY.DID!
It's the most beautiful first kiss, and only they know about it. It's an unique moment.
There's always so much going on around them. But in that moment time stops & its only about them.
"I'm sorry that I'm not as perfect as you! I'm sorry that I'm not as good!". She's scared. She struggled at first.
But it's so hard to fight against a feeling so intense and magical.
That's the beauty of their relationship, they complete each other in every way,, - Carol

Episode 2x19 - SOS

Jack arrives on the beach & invites Kate instead of Sawyer
for a hike through the jungle. She wasn’t expecting he’d choose her. She shows it, and that’s very sweet.
“Damages Goods. Both of us” and for a moment they lock eyes and forgot why they didn't talk
to each other like this for such a long time. The Net scene!
The bickering, the touches, the sounds, the looks… everything! It couldn’t be better.
And then he shoots, Kate on top of him and they’re free. But they don’t move. HOT!
I was already freaking out because we got 3 scenes so far and now… Jate.in.the.rain!
“I’m sorry I kissed you.” “I’m not.”
Holy crap! I think I’m speaking for the major when I say we all thought a kiss was going to happen.
They stare at each other, in the middle of the night, alone in the dark, with a beautiful camp-fire…
I mean everything was perfect for a kiss scene.
We can see they both wanted it and so did we. - Alex

• Season Three

There’s an old saying that says, “You really don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone”. This couldn’t be truer for Jack and Kate during S3.
Widely held as the “Season of Heartbreak” instead of the “Season of Romance” by many Jaters, season 3 was all about Jack and Kate going down separate paths but ultimately ending up at each other. It was about Jack trying to let go, finally overcoming his obsessive need to control his situation and letting it linger in his heart and head. At the same time it was about Kate trying to hang on, running towards the fight and towards the person she loves instead of taking the easy route and running away. Jack saw the woman he loves in the arms of another man and was so moved by it that he risked his own life, he faced what he thought would be certain death so that the woman he loves could go free and be with the man he thought she wanted. Kate didn’t rest 1 night before she took off back in the jungle, back to danger, within hours of her safe arrival back at camp. She couldn’t see the sky from the ground, all she could see was Jack’s face. Between seeing him play that piano, and clinging to him in the game room, and hearing the softness in his voice asking about Juliet, Kate realized how much in love she is with this man. She didn’t hide her affection for him when they got back to camp, but didn’t stop her “relationship” with Sawyer either. It was a very awkward time for everyone involved in this turbulent romantic triangle, yet as the days went by, Jack and Kate became closer and closer. Needing to lead the rest of the group to safety once again, but this time to rescue, they fell back into their intense “Team Jate” mode and it was a welcomed sight. The most beautiful moment in the season came during the finale, when Jack stopped to check on Kate digging a rock out of her shoe. He tried to reassure her about the motives behind Sawyer’s ill treatment of her. Here is this man, so deeply in love with the woman in front of him and instead of trying to win her heart, he helps her feel better about the choice she made with her romantic life. When asked why he was doing so as Sawyer would never do the same in return for him, he replied simply and sweetly, “Because I love you.” Needless to say, he won her heart anyway. Just as Jack is finally making the call to the freighter off the coast to come rescue them, we jump forward to the future to what is the most memorable cliffhanger in LOST history. A very different Jack and Kate, off the island, torn and broken, but with a light glow of passion, love, and longing in their eyes. Jack wants to go back to the island, Kate isn’t having it. Jack is hooked on pills and alcohol and hasn’t shaved in months. Kate is shiny and pretty, drives a Volvo and most definitely not a criminal anymore. Everything seems cold and distant, and yet when he reaches for her and pulls her close, she can’t help but close her eyes and relish in his touch. There is a fire there that wasn’t there on the island and it’s not about to die anytime soon. This too shall pass.

Episode 3x06 - I Do

"This episode is what made me into a hardcode Jater, oddly enough.
There reunion in the hydra scene was just so breathtaking. When Jack and Kate first see each
the music doesn't swell, it's just a moment of quiet hope, love and relief as they reach out
to touch through the glass, though they know it's impossible. I love how the writers take you back
to "where it all began" with Jack sacrificing himself
for Kate and her happiness even after seeing her lying in Sawyer's arms. He asks her to recall
the moment they met when she's finally safe, the intimate story he shared when they were
merely strangers. helping each otherBut she can't just take her
and happiness run as the old Kate might have, because he is the the reason to stay when
even everything is telling her to run, even Jack himself, but she knows
she can't leave without him,, - Alesia

Episode 3x07 - Not In Portland
"Why I love this moment so much is because it shows the depth and connection that Jack and Kate have.
Kate's emotions were immediate from the moment she started, .."You were doing surgery on a girl..." and
from then on, she was so vulnerable and the floodgates were wide open. When she really broke down when
she mentioned him counting to five is when she really lost it. All inhibitions were gone at this moment.
She knew nothing but Jack on the other end of that walkie talkie. Knowing how much that mantra has helped
her on that island, you really felt it. You felt the emotion. You felt the depth.
You felt that unbreakable connection that nothing or no one will be able to break. That is why I love it.
Because it goes back to what is, ultimately, the foundation of their relationship.
Jack and Kate. On the beach. Both helping each other in ways they didn't even know of at the time.
As it should be,, - Carlie

Last edited by Lostbeth; 12-06-2008 at 03:12 PM
Old 12-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 3x13 - The Man From Tallahassee

"It's so blatantly obvious how much Jack and Kate care for each other at this point, and this episode
solidified it for me. There are a number of times when i've thought 'Kate really loves him, she knows it',
this was one of those times. The minute she saw him playing the Piano ... She was entranced.
She was mesmerized by the moment, she let her guard down and her feelings were written all over her face.
Jack couldnt believe his eyes .. when she said "hey", his voice failed him,
he choked a little, "what are you doing here"
showed so much of his feelings before he pulled his guard up again. In the Game room,
The unspoken words. The handholding. Kate's tears. It's beautiful.
And Jack's "I will come back here for you" is breath-taking.
Thats why I love this episode so much, you cant deny these moments,
something powerful happend to Jate
in this episode, it made it more deserving of the word EPIC,, - Nora

Episode 3x22.23 - Through The Looking Glass

This is where everything changed. We got to see selfless Jack once again putting
Kate's happiness in front of his own. When she asked,
"Why are you sticking up for him, he'd never do it for you?"

he decided to tell her the simplest answer he could: "Because I love you". And yes, we cried, we squeed
but most important, we were able to see Jack finaly putting his feelings out there and being happy about it.
It was one of those little moments when he just decides to be honest with her and why not with himslef.
His face, his expression, everything told us he just needed her to know he loved her, even though he thought
she definitelty didn't feel that way. But Kate's reaction told us a different story, the realisation that this guy
really had feelings for her after thinking she wasn't worth of them changed her attitude towards him from then on.
Later Kate helped an injured Jack when he most needed it, Jack trusted Kate with the truth and no one else.
And Team Jate tried to get everyone off the island. In the end we were introduced to a story,
changing everything on Lost, they threw us in the Future! And who else could be the protagonists of this
mindblowing event other then Jack and Kate? Because they are where it all started,
where it all changed and of course, where it all will end. - Flor

• Season Four

Jack and Kate’s arc during S4 was a welcome change from the heartache both of them (and we as their fans) experienced during S3. They picked up from Jack’s ILY, obviously very happy to be back in “Team Jate” status but weary about where they stood with each other. Kate assumed her role by his side as his confidant, his rock, his support and his friend. But before they could move forward one way or the other, Jack knew she needed to figure things out with Sawyer. When she didn’t come back from the barracks, Jack was heartbroken and confused. He literally had to give her the push to go so when she didn’t come back with everyone else, he didn’t get it and he was troubled because he didn’t think he could ever leave the island without her. He kissed Juliet in an effort to push Kate out of his head and to convince himself that his world didn’t revolve around her; that he wasn’t as in love with her as he thought. He was wrong. As they gradually made their way back to each other emotionally on island and dealt with the pending rescue, we jumped forward to the future in which we found Jack and Kate experiencing what true bliss is like. Jack was hesitant; of course, to pursue this life with Kate because of what seeing Aaron every day reminded him of. Even so, being away from Kate when they were so ready to be together, was too much to handle for Jack – So he gave it a try. He wanted it so much that he bought a ring and asked Kate to spend the rest of her life with him, to which she happily and immediately accepted. Unfortunately, it just wasn’t the right time for “happily ever after” – even though Kate was absolved of her crimes and Jack was back at work at St. Sebastian, neither of them had gotten past their internal issues and for Jack, the island’s pull was just too strong; which ultimately lead to Jack walking away, leaving Kate heartbroken and entering the downward spiral in which we left off in the S3 finale. Still, it’s quite obvious that love remains; when you love someone like that, it will stand the test of time and there is no doubt that Jack & Kate will finally find the common ground they were so desperately seeking for their relationship.

Episode 4x01 - The Beginning of The End

The season starts with Kate and Jack still up at the radio tower. She smiles while asking him if they're really going home,
he smiles back, saying they really are. Naomi's body though, is missing. Jack thinks he found the right trail to follow.
Kate thinks the same and he smiles telling her that, once rescued, they would be,
"laughing about the fact that there is one final thing that we couldn't agree up on." She laughs and hugs him,
stealing the sat phone from his backpocket.
Jack so touched by having her in his arms didn't even realize that. Buring his nose in her hair.
They separate and Jack finds out he was wrong. Kate was right, the two camps reunite in the middle of the jungle,
Kate and Jack arrive there too. The Losties separate in two gropus, one with Locke, the other with Jack.
Kate obviously stays at Jack's side. Having learned about Charlie's death Jack is wondering "how did this happen?"
Kate's by his side,n ear the cockpit of their plane,
their faces are sad while they remember Charlie, Kate looking at Jack knowing his pain, sharing his pain.
Then they look at ach other for a moment, her eyes never leaving his, and the world seems to disappear. - Franci

Episode 4x03 - The Economist

I feel like this episode was pivotal to Jate. Personally, I like the banter they were getting back to.
Jack isn't invited to the trip back to othersville by Sayid and Kate decides to tease him about it.
Grinning and bitting her lip as she looks up at him, flirt signs drooling out of her eyes.
"Now you know how it feels like to be me. She tried, but Jack answers, "Does that mean I should wait
20 minutes and go anyway?" "Touché!"
and they share another long meaningful look,
Kate obviously enjoying this, until Jack sends Kate, the person he trusts the most, to go with Sayid.
Telling her Sawyer will protect her from Locke. And as you watch her face change you realize Sawyer was
the last person she was thinking about in this moment. Once back to Othersville first thing Kate does when
she sees Sawyer, who asks her to be quiet, is to shout for Sayid and point her gun at him. Amazing how easily
and clearly Kate takes a stand against Sawyer, her "boyfriend" at the time. We know that Jack implied
she had to go to back, trusting her to come back to him so he got visibly hurt when she didn't.
Not knowing what her real reason was. The way he stood there, facing the direction
Kate should have come from is just heartbreaking! - Nat

Episode 4x10 - Something Nice Back Home

"Jack picked some panties up off of the floor. The night was intense. Deep breath. I know this house. Deep breath.
Two glasses of wine from the previous night. Deep breath. Someone is on the shower. I know this voice.
He opens the door and IT'S KATE! They kiss. We've waited years for this. Finally.
It's so peaceful. It's so normal, like a habit,
but still so intense and passionate. Him taking care of Aaron & Kate, his family now.
Unforgettable. In the hallway, they kiss again, they're so close like they've never been before.
It's sexy, but yet so respectful. We can see now that she is happy. He's happy too.
Because what's going to prevent them from being together has NOTHING to do with their relationship.
It's not because they don't want to be together. They love each other. They miss each other.
On the island Jack was so fragile and all the time he asked for Kate to be there with him.
"So it looks like I'm gonna be your nurse" JACK. PROPOSED. TO. HER! And even better damn she said YES!
"Of course I will, yes" it's pretty much a synonym as 'I love you' to me. "Kate and I got engaged".
I could keep repeating that until the end of the times. THEY WERE ENGAGED! The episode was a mix of
happiness, relief, all the emotions together. The end was painful, but I'm sure that whatever
she's doing for Sawyer "it has nothing to do" with them. They still have to figure out some things
because when they do, they're going to be together and the show is going to be over. - Carol

Episode 4x12.13 - There Is No Place Like Home

When they all reunite at the chopper. Sawyer tries to flirt with her,
but as soon Kate notices Jack she passes Sawyer, going straight to Jack.
"Are you okay?" He waits for eye-contact &
when they lock eyes he tells her, "I am now." causing a charmed Kate.
While leaving the island, Kate gazes at Jack, and when she turns, Jack gazes at her. Heroic Sawyer jumps out, first kissing
Kate goodbye. Interesting is, Kate isn't freaking out or isn't shouting after him,
"I can't leave without you!!" Later we find out someone else has to jump. Looking in each others eyes,
neither Jack or Kate does so. They land on the freighter but have to leave instantly. Jack grabs her hand,
his words, "I won't leave without you." stop her from struggeling and hand in hand they leave.
He would give all up to be with her. Just like she gave up her chance of beeing free and with Sawyer, for him.
Once the O6 are rescued by reaching a beach. Jack goes over to Kate&Aaron, together they walk towards their future.
Which we get another glimps at. "We've to go back!?" Kate shouts, furious & heartbroken.
It hurts to be remembered of him constantly, specially when he's on drugs. Jack is ashamed.
"To keep you safe. You & Aaron" BAMN. She hits him in the face. Putting all her pain in that slap.
She gave everything to their releation. She gave it all up for him. She needs him. She loves him.
You can just see how deeply he broke her heart. How much she misses him. "I still have to explain
to him why you're not there to read to him."
Can you picture this scene!? Kate is remembered everyday
of the pain he caused her by leaving & now she leaves. But once they'll stop pushing each other away,
they'll come back to each other, they always do. - Liesbeth

• Season Five

Will they find their way back to the island? Will they find their way back to each other?

[Season Five - January 21th, 2009]

"In SNBH we were introduced to a little family scenario:
Jack&Kate living together and raising Aaron,
pretended son of Kate and actual nephew of Jack.
Their routine is quite simple, but touching, especially seeing Jack reading to Aaron.
We've learned in Eggtown that Jack didn't want anything to do with the child,
but after Kate's trial he changed his mind and he starts a relationship with both Kate and her son.
Even though at the end of episode Jack leaves them both
we're shown in The S4 Finale that Aaron still asks for Jack to read tohim." - Alessia

I also see her bond with Jack is actually stronger than the bond with Aaron.
I feel like watching, Jack pushing her away and then her
pushing him away, that is what will bring her to her knees.
It will be her bond with Jack. - Evangeline

"They are now emotionally connected more than they have ever been.
If you removed all the circumstances that are getting in the way of them being
together romantically, I think they could be together at this point. But there are so many things
going on and so many things requiring their attention and their energy. It's like two ships
constantly passing in the night, but they really are connected through time and space almost." - Matthew

"If he is seen breathing his dying breath, the only person he wants to have at his side is Kate.
He is making up excuses for her to be there. I feel that, for Kate, it was affirmed that he loves her
and that, well, he's just Jack. She is so frustrated; his nature makes him so hard
to need and deal with. But the reality is that Jack loves Kate. And on the flip side,
when you think you are going to lose someone, you actually face what they mean to you.
When she had to face potentially losing Jack forever, that made her realize exactly
what she felt for him. - Evangeline

"The bond between Jack and Kate
is kind of the ultimate relationship." - Carlton Cuse

"They are amazed by each other,
and as the time runs, they start to depend of each other,
the connection between them is getting stronger." - Damon Lindelof

Last edited by Lostbeth; 12-06-2008 at 12:57 PM
Old 12-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"She's so beautiful it's hard
to concentrate around her." - Matthew

"He has been a godsent. He is my leading man,
in so many more ways than just on the show.
He's just really carried me through it." - Evangeline

500th- Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

Previous Threads

visit our #100 #200 #300 #400

Our s o u n d t r a c k

[ b a c k ]

Our s o u n d c a r d

Celebrating 5 0 0 Threads

Finally here, 5 0 0 threads of pure love, excitement, angst, drama and partay's.
I'm sure everyone has some fabulous memories on this board,
for starters the night Something Nice Back Home aired. A night to never forget.
Thanks to all the Copulators for getting us here,
and hopefully in some time we can dubble the number.

by liesbeth

by Dani

by Dani

by Deletia

by Shanna

our 500th i c o n s
by luka

for more

<< thank you for v i s i t i n g >>

Credit:

Animations & J/K/A art: Luka
Thread - & Seasons Headers: Ashley
Top 3, Music Banners & Quotes: Ash
Transparants & Soundtrack Header: Nat
Seasons Descriptions: Carrie & Carlie
Soundtrack Art: Ella katinka & Liesbeth
Organisation & Matt/Evi Header: Liesbeth

Last edited by Lostbeth; 12-06-2008 at 12:52 PM
Old 12-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Julia!!!!

WOOOOO-OOOOOOOOHH!!!

Good 500th thread guys!

Now I'm gonna read it all.Bye!
Elite Fan

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

JAMAZING

HAPPY 500TH, GUYS!!
Elite Fan

Thanks Lies!

But there's a post of mine in the midle of OP, please ash erase it!

Now I will see the arts!!!!!
{Jack♥Kate} {James♥Juliet} {Edward♥Bella} {Lucas♥Peyton} {Meredith♥Derek} {Vaughn♥Sydney} {Mulder♥Scully} {Brennan♥Booth} {Dawson♥Joey} {Ross♥Rachel} {Buffy♥Spike} {Angel♥Cordy} {Michael♥Sara} {Mike♥Susan}

Icon: BehindGreenEyes
Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Omg!! So amazing! I'm gonna read too. And change my icon!
Fan Forum Hero

Ash. or another mod. can you delete Julia's post please?
Ultimate Fan

500!

Thomas Sharpe & Edith Cushing
Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Thanks for the 500th thread Lies

*runs to read the OP*
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

OMFG ITS HERE! The OP is wow amazing! I'm changing to a 500th icon right now. OMG I can't believe it! Great job everyone!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Oh gals, you did a really GREAT job... everything looks PERFECT!!!

Thanks a congrats!

Now I will see everything...
{Jack♥Kate} {James♥Juliet} {Edward♥Bella} {Lucas♥Peyton} {Meredith♥Derek} {Vaughn♥Sydney} {Mulder♥Scully} {Brennan♥Booth} {Dawson♥Joey} {Ross♥Rachel} {Buffy♥Spike} {Angel♥Cordy} {Michael♥Sara} {Mike♥Susan}

Icon: BehindGreenEyes
Extreme Fan

ahh 500!!! it's finally here!! Thank you Liesbeth!!

I LOVE the picture of the family Jate "your a natural" Stunning ...

Well Done Coppies!!
Obsessed Fan

AMAZING! Got all emo. STUNNING!
Elite Fan

1.2.3.4.500! best title ever!
THANK YOU to everyone who worked on the OP!
it looks amazing! some of those arts are to die for!

such a beautiful couple we have
with such a great story