Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't think it was planted there either. It could be a part of the plane as some of it did break off into the water.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 02-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I am totally in love with Daniel's neurotic awkwardness! He totally wants to be the Losties new best friend.
This ep did have quite a few WTF moments...seeing the dummy plane at the bottom of the ocean?!
Charlottes name being C.S Lewis?? Whats up with that?
Darma stuff in Tunisia with the remains of a polar bear?!

God I love Lost.

Avie by Luka
Old 02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Once again Lost delivers!

Great episode!

So we have four new players: Dan, Miles, Charlotte and Frank.

Out of all of them Dan was the nicest. He was a bit nervous but I thought it was cute. But why was he crying when he heard about the plane crash? Did he know someone on the plane but they're already dead?

So Miles "sees dead people" or talks to them at least. Maybe he can talk to Charlie for us. He's one of those smart-asses but oddly enough I liked him.

Charlotte seems like a bad-ass and Frank seems okay.

So they're all here for Ben. No wonder Ben seemed worried of them finding the island. I wonder what Ben did to make them look for him but better yet, who is he's spy?

My favorite scene was when Jack said "my friends are pointing guns at your heads" and Miles was all "how stupid do you think I am" and then Sayid and Juliet start shooting. It was priceless! Jack wants to be rescued but he's not stupid.

I thought it was funny that Kate was a little jealous of Jack thanking Juliet for saving them. Personally, I like the idea of Jack being with Juliet then with Kate.

The preview looks good and who do you think is the next of the Oceanic 6? I hope it's someone like Claire and Aaron or even Sawyer.

Guess we'll see.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Addicted Fan

So I definitely think all of the people are from Dharma. An anthropologist (also seemed like she knew about archeology), a physicist, and a psychic. All areas that Dharma claims to study. Also it makes sense that Dharma would come looking for Ben, he essentially betrayed them and if anyone managed to get away or get a message to Dharma they would know that Ben helped orchestrate the Purge.

I also think the "man" Ben has on the boat is Michael. If Walt is with him, it would make sense that he knows who Naomi is and was able to get a message to Locke (Walt has some kind of power).

I'm just throwing out specs. Last week I had a million and I don't think any panned out this week. I liked the background on the Boaties (?) but I still want more of our core group. I wonder why Daniel reacted so horribly to seeing the 815 wreckage if it was BEFORE he went to the island. Is it possible we're getting flashbacks and flashforwards in the same ep?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wonder why Daniel reacted so horribly to seeing the 815 wreckage if it was BEFORE he went to the island. Is it possible we're getting flashbacks and flashforwards in the same ep?
Hmm that could be..but I think that would just get too confusing. Dan struck me as a sensitive guy... Maybe he was just feeling for all the crash victims loved ones? Though theres probably something much more to it.

Avie by Luka
Old 02-08-2008, 03:13 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved this episode I thought it was fabulous and brought up alot of interesting things.

Charlotte...her full name is Charlotte Staples Lewis...which in the first two initials comes to...C.S Lewis. like the Christian author of the Narnia series. so we have another character named after an author/philosopher type person.

One of my favorite things was Locke in Ben's face...asking what is the smoke monster...and that's something all of us fans have been wondering...I think that was a nod to us.

and the theory of who is Ben's person on the boat/freighter..one rumor I heard, which probably isn't true..is that it's Michael.

man i just wish it was next thursday already.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 AM
New Fan

hee hee I cant wait thanks
Old 02-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Addicted Fan

I wonder if all of the team knew someone on 815. Like how the lady asked Charlotte when would she believe the headline and Daniel's reaction to the wreckage. Or if they knew that 815 was not supposed to be found.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

michael would make sense, but that seems to obveous, walt being on the boat would be cool too. i just remembered i loved that they showed vincent.

i too think that the question about the smoke was directed to us. i find it hard to believe that ben doesn't have an idea what it is.

maybe dan was just sad that all those people died, as for charlotte it does seem that she knew that wasn't the plane. i like the theory that they are all work for dharma. which of course explains why they are after ben.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricc88 (View Post)
I found it weird how Charlotte was the only one who lied about her reason to be there. Sure Dan did too, but he immediately admitted that he wasn't there to rescue them afterwards. Charlotte went along with it for quite some time until Ben revealed who she was.
Lisa you're so right! That's so interesting!

Syd&Vaughn Buffy&Spike Lee&Kara Michael&Maria
Old 02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

so lets say they do work for dharma.... then once they get rid of ben, they would have to start the experiments all over again? i wonder who ben has on their boat.... maybe michael :o
Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wow what a episode glad we got a lot of things figured out. The answers keep on coming.

Why I wonder do they want Ben, despite the fact he knows everything. Harold Pernau(michael ) name has been in the opening credits so he should be on screen soon.

As for his role go tothe spoiler section if you want to know.

I really thought Ben was going to get killed last night. The look on Saywers face when Ben said they are looking for me... priceless.

The asian guy on the rescue,abduction mission werid type of powers to feel and know about the dead . How Kate knew that Naomi last words where a code, but jack didn't .

as for sixth surrvivor finding out next week , i still think in the end of the season we may find they might have been more then 6.....

Good to understand where all the people from Helicopter came from and why they got hired. The piolet saying he was to have flown flight 18 ....

I ahve it on DVR I plan on watching it agian to get a full grasp of the show.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Wow. What an awesome episode.

Naomi - "what if there are 815 survivors?" "They're all dead" "what if there are survivors?"

I really liked Miles and Daniel.

omgwtfpolarbear.

Who was the kid? I thought Eko, too, but he grew up in Nigeria, didn't he? And he wasn't murdered.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Did anyone else notice that the man talking to Naomi was also the one who visited Hurley in the mental institution last week? Now it makes sense who he was referring to when he said "Are they still alive?" He was asking about his team that he had sent there however many years ago.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricc88 (View Post)
Did anyone else notice that the man talking to Naomi was also the one who visited Hurley in the mental institution last week?
Yes.
Quote:
Now it makes sense who he was referring to when he said "Are they still alive?" He was asking about his team that he had sent there however many years ago.
I don't think so. But maybe. If he doesn't know where his team is then that means they did not rescue the Oceanic 6.