Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-28-2004, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

Ask Damon Lindelof

My crew over at Lost-TV have touched base with co-creator and producer Damon Lindelof, and we're currently arranging for a phone interview with him... anytime soon.

In any case, if you have any questions you'd like us to ask, then feel free to post it here on this thread. We can't promise you that all questions will be asked, but we'll consider all of them.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. That's cool. I don't have any questions but that's just wow.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:15 PM
cyb
New Fan

Hi,

eh eh, you're lucky guy If i could speak with Damon, I'd like to ask him how he met J.J. Abrams, and what does he think about him ? How it is to work with him ?

And I'm sure that all of us would really like to know more about him, his passions, hobbies, how he start his carrier, what kind of movies or other tv series he like (actual and passed)...

Then questions about "Lost" of course

Is it him or J.J. who decided to use a french voice on the radio at the end of the 2nd part of the pilot ? (uh uh, I'm french and that's so cool )

Are the creatures inspired by Hawaiian legends like the "Guardian Dogs of "Nu‘uanu" or the "dragon-women", guardians of the "Pali", those legends are taking place near the set of Lost in "O'ahu"

All the episodes will mostly be filmed on outside in Hawaii. Is it difficult for the actors, the crew [and the equipment] to deal with that ? With the weather, the sand, the rain, all that stuff...

I'm sure i have many more questions, but it is those of which I'm thinking actually

Thanks for asking fans to post their questions here and be able to take part thus in the interview.

[ Nothing to do whith the interview, but i really like your website and use some of your articles that i translate in french on my website (always with a link to lost-tv of course I hope you'll be able to speak with Damon Lindelof soon. ]
Old 07-30-2004, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I am in so much shock at the moment that I don't know what to say!! Xan this is so amazing!! I am going to have to go away and think of some clever questions to ask Damon. Hope that you can organise the phone chat really soon!!

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 07-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Oh, wow. That's just .. amazing. I'll have to think about some good questions as soon as my awe, shock and amazement has died down a bit. I'll be back later.
icon *
Old 07-31-2004, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

The interview should be happening within the first half of August. Hopefully. And it's currently scheduled at a convenient time for me, since it isn't too early or too late in the morning. (Living in a different timezone sucks.)
Old 07-31-2004, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Where is he located? We usually have conference calls 9:00PM EST. That's 9:00am our time. Anyway, I hope that helps.

I'd like to ask who they had in mind, when they created Charlie's character. Did they think of Dominic Monaghan for the role, when the character was made?
Old 07-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

He's based in Los Angeles. And I know what time the interview is scheduled, but I'm not telling. Besides, it's still subject to change.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by P Y R O
The interview should be happening within the first half of August. Hopefully. And it's currently scheduled at a convenient time for me, since it isn't too early or too late in the morning. (Living in a different timezone sucks.)
Congratulations on getting the interview.
How long did you think that it will go for?

Old 07-31-2004, 02:01 AM
Master Fan

Apparently, it's gonna take 20-30 minutes. That's pretty long, right?
Old 08-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

I would be so nervous that I would stammer my whole way through the interview. Hope that you get to ask him lots of questions Have you got the date finalised?

Old 08-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Master Fan

The interview began around 5 hours ago, and last for 45 minutes. I'm still in shock over the whole thing.

We managed to ask several questions about the show, mostly revolving around the creative process. We found out how a show like this evolves from an idea to a pilot to a series, as well as what's going on in the minds of the creators and writers of the show.

We found out that he's aware of a few other fansites, most notably the French fansite (I don't know which one), and that he apparently visits Lost-TV enough to note that I posted a particular article recently. We found out that the producers heard of the site about a week or two into filming, thanks to Ian Somerhalder (who informed the cast and crew of the existence of the site).

Most importantly, we found out that there WILL be shirtless men on the show.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:56 AM
Addicted Fan

P Y R O, that is so awesome!!! Anything you can remember specifically to tell us? About the show or anything that he might have revealed? Can we read a trascript of the interview anywhere yet, or anything like that? *is hopeful*

Dean: "I’ll say it again; demons I get. People are crazy."

|| Icon by greyblue_eyes @ LJ ||
Old 08-14-2004, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

A full article, and perhaps a transcript, or even bits of the recorded interview, should be up at the site soon.

Some notable bits and pieces I can remember...

*Yunjin Kim initially read for the role of Kate. She wasn't deemed right for the role, but they liked her enough to create two characters for her.

*The first season covers the first 40 days on the island. The Biblical reference is no accident... take that for what it's worth.

*Most, if not all, of the characters were not written with a particular race in mind.

The whole article should be up within 24 hours. I just need to get home and work on it with my staff.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:19 AM
cyb
New Fan

Quote:
We found out that he's aware of a few other fansites, most notably the French fansite (I don't know which one), and that he apparently visits Lost-TV enough to note that I posted a particular article recently.
woooow , may be they visited my website he's listening to the fans, he's aware of them, that's really cool.

Quote:
A full article, and perhaps a transcript, or even bits of the recorded interview, should be up at the site soon.

Some notable bits and pieces I can remember...

*Yunjin Kim initially read for the role of Kate. She wasn't deemed right for the role, but they liked her enough to create two characters for her.

*The first season covers the first 40 days on the island. The Biblical reference is no accident... take that for what it's worth.

*Most, if not all, of the characters were not written with a particular race in mind.

The whole article should be up within 24 hours. I just need to get home and work on it with my staff.
eh eh, i think that we will learn more from this interview than all the previous articles found around the web I like those little details about the show ! You're the best P Y R O ! thank you !