Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen the first one mainly cause I'm not usually a fan of R rated comedies.
Marilyn
Old 02-16-2015, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

But like have you seen it? Kind of hard to pass judgment on something you haven't seen.

M i r a n d a .
Old 02-16-2015, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with that, Miranda. Although I have seen it and I really haven't been a fan...

Great to know nevertheless that it has such a great fanbase and that it was doing really successful
Old 02-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

I have seen it in passing. My brother had rented it from redbox and I've seen bits a pieces from him. Me not liking those type of film or this film does not mean I thought the actors did poorly.

I liked the concept of kind of growing up the characters go through especially with Zac's character wanting things to stay as they are but everyone else moving along and Seth and Rose coming to acceptance of their roles.

Its just not my type of comedy. I can appreciate the what they film is about but it was just too much for me.

I'm glad that Zac got recognition for this film and solidified himself within the comedy genre.
Marilyn
Old 02-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Same here I didn't say I didn't like the acting, I just didn't like the movie, the topic of it and the language.

Oh yes, same here. So great for Zac. I'm sure he might have gained a lot of male fans through this movie, maybe some of them seeing Zac for who he is. A really talented young actor.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Zac Efron is in talks to star opposite Hugh Jackman in 20th Century Fox’s THE GREATEST SHOWMAN ON EARTH. The original musical will tell the story of P.T. Barnum, a showman with a gift for hoaxing the public as he creates the three-ring circus that made him famous. The film serves as a musical rendition of the life of P.T. Barnum, who formed the Barnum & Bailey Circus. Jackman will star as Barnum.

Efron is in talks to star as Phillip, a handsome, rich young theatre producer who decides to become Barnum’s junior partner/apprentice and eventually becomes Barnum’s close friend and ringmaster. The role would require Efron to channel his Hairspray and High School Musical roots, as it requires signing and dancing

Michael Gracey will direct the musical biopic, with the screenplay’s most current draft having been written by Bill Condon, with a polish by Jonathan Tropper.

Production is slated to commence late this summer, in New York.

Last year, Efron starred in the comedies That Awkward Moment, opposite Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan and Neighbors, opposite Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne. The in-demand actor will next star in We Are Your Friends, The Falling, The Associate, and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates. He’ll also return for Neighbors 2 and star in an untitled project with Robert De Niro.

Efron is repped by CAA and Alchemy Entertainment.
Source

M i r a n d a .
Old 02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for bringing that over!

It's great seeing him do all kinds of genre.
Especially w/ Neighbors & that dirty grandpa one gaining him male fans
Marilyn
Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow, thanks for the news, Miranda

I love that he might be starring in a musical again! That's so awesome since I love these kind of movies and I somehow have the feeling he likes to dance and shoot those kind of films as well.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad he found a good role to dabble back into musical!
Marilyn
Old 02-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's true! Any idea if he loves to shoot those kind of films?
Old 02-24-2015, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

He does. I remember interviewers asking if he'd ever do a musical again and he said he'd be up to it if the right one comes along and I guess this is the right one for him plus, Hugh Jackman!
Marilyn
Old 02-24-2015, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Hugh Jackman is a major plus

M i r a n d a .
Old 02-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, that I didn't know! I'm really happy that he is able to be in a project that he really loves and that he's acting on Hugh Jackman's side!
Old 02-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
“Workaholics” actor Adam Devine is in negotiations to join Zac Efron in the 20th Century Fox and Chernin comedy “Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates.”

Jake Szymanski is on board to direct, with Peter Chernin, David Ready and Jenno Topping producing for Chernin Entertainment, along with Jonathan Levine. Andrew J. Cohen and Brendan O’Brien penned the script, the story of two brothers who place an online ad to find dates for a wedding and the ad goes viral.

Daria Cercek is overseeing the project for Fox.

While Efron was a top choice to play the role of Dave in the pic, the studio felt the need to test actors for Efron’s co-star in hopes of finding someone that had the right chemistry with the “Neighbors” star and had been reading actors for the last couple of weeks to find the right match.

Insiders say it was Devine’s mix of wit and raunchiness in his delivery that ended up winning him the role.

Devine has been rising in the ranks of up-and-coming comedic stars and this role could help him get to the next level. Besides his two series on Comedy Central — cult hit “Workaholics,” currently in its fifth season, and “Adam Devine’s House Party” — he can also be seen next reprising his scene-stealing role of Bumper in Universal’s “Pitch Perfect 2.” He will also appear in “The Intern” for Warner Bros., to be released in September, and “The Final Girls” for Sony, bowing in March.

He is repped by WME and Avalon Management.
Variety

M i r a n d a .
Old 02-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Its great to see all these projects lined up!
Marilyn