Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Kris and I have been discussing this,and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

It's hard for us to even consider closing the board. We both love the show, and it's been great keeping up with what the cast members have been up to as well as reminiscing on their characters. We'd love to see more consistent posters but if not, we've been blessed to be reaching the minimum requirement so we'd like to leave this on a good note if it comes down to it.

Thanks.
Marilyn
Old 05-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Marilyn, thanks so much for setting this up

It really was hard for the wto of us to come to the decision to set up such a topic. I really hope to hear from you guy, about what you think. Please be honest and don't hold back on your opinion.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

I actually just rediscovered this show online. I forgot how much I loved it. It's made me super nostalgic for my youth lol. I'd love to have this board to post on but certainly understand if you all feel it's best to close it. I'll be here if it remains though.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivating (View Post)
I actually just rediscovered this show online. I forgot how much I loved it. It's made me super nostalgic for my youth lol. I'd love to have this board to post on but certainly understand if you all feel it's best to close it. I'll be here if it remains though.
I don't know about my co-mod Kris, but if you are able to become a regular poster we could keep this open. We have episode thread where you can discuss the episode you watch, relationship threads, character/actor thread, OT, and game threads you can participate in.

For the most part we could manage the board with just us but sometimes we are both busy. That results with both of us or one isn't able to come on one or more day and the other could not post cause they were the last poster
Marilyn
Old 05-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
OMG, that's unbelievable! I didn't expect that we'd reach new posters for our board. That's awesome.

And I'm with Marilyn, if you would become a regular poster and not just post every now and then or in just two threads it's a possibility Just let us know.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Kris and Marilyn, I'm Libby.

Yeah, I'd totally be down for posting regularly. This week is a bit chaotic for me (a friend is getting married) so I'll be in and out, but after that I'll be back to daily posting. And since I'm in the process of rewatching/just started S2, it'll be fun to discuss episodes and character development with you ladies.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yeah, I'd totally be down for posting regularly. This week is a bit chaotic for me (a friend is getting married) so I'll be in and out, but after that I'll be back to daily posting. And since I'm in the process of rewatching/just started S2, it'll be fun to discuss episodes and character development with you ladies.
That is fantastic Libby!! It'll be nice to have another person on here to discuss things lucky Kris and I aren't sick of each other.

Yup. In the thread guide you can find the links to the episodes threads, character & relationship thread that we can discuss their development

It'll be great to see you around in the long run

I'm hoping that with Summer coming along people will be out of school so old posters might pop back in too!
Marilyn
Old 05-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Don't worry about this week being a little bit chaotic. You can start posting here next week as well.

Yeah, luckily, the two of us aren't sick of each other

And although we have found a new poster I think we should just keep this one open for a while just to see if anybody else will pass by and let us know what he/she thinks. We'll see how it's going because the two of us, Marilyn and I, are really interested in keeping the board open and we'll do everything for it to happen