Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-04-2004, 06:43 PM
New Fan

Wonderfalls DVD Petition

Hey Gang-

I threw together an online petition today and have posted it on as many boards as is relevant. Sign up so we can get the series on disc!
http://www.petitiononline.com/goodtv/petition.html

Keith
Old 04-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Have you considered joining this with some of the other things already being done to save the show/get DVDs released? Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're doing something to help the show, but petitions by themselves generally aren't enough to convince the networks of anything. In a situation like this, it's best if we can somehow organize all of the efforts to save the show. If the fans are all split into groups, it's not going to be as effective as one organized plan will be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by the laziest little sidekick:
<STRONG>If the fans are all split into groups, it's not going to be as effective as one organized plan will be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
She's right. We need to center in on one thing and exert our energy into it. I'd suggest we use the already made petition at tvondvd (a link of this will be posted on savewonderfalls.com when it goes live, as well as the savewonderfalls.com thread) since it is made specifically for the purpose of bringing TV shows on DVDs.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/wonderfalls

4155 signatures and counting

It's gone up like 100 signtures in the last hour. Spread the word
Old 04-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Passionate Fan

The Petition Spot one is at 4821 now.

I guess we should center our efforts around that one for now since tvondvd's sending out e-mails saying:

Quote:
Sorry, but we've had to suspend "Wonderfalls" on the site because in the past 2 days we've had a number of fake accounts created so people could vote for the show more than once. While you probably aren't personally responsible, we send out an email like this notifying everyone so we aren't bombarded by questions. The legitimate votes WILL still remain on the site, so there's no need to worry about that.
[ 04-06-2004: Message edited Sunny Deeelight ]
Old 04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I got that same email! I can't believe some people have resorted to creating false accounts just to be able to vote more than once! I think it's cool that they really care about the show that they are willing to raise the vote count but still, did they not think they would get caught?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

5070 signatures now and counting
Old 04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Absolute Fan

The petition is a good idea, but it's probably not going to help very much. Online petitions are too easy to fake, and I don't think I've ever seen one that convinced a network of anything. They don't tend to put much faith in online petitions. Even other websites don't listen to petitions - when fanfiction.net banned NC-17 stories from its site, there was a petition to allow NC-17 fic again. It got somewhere around 10,000 votes in just a day or two, and it wasn't enough to convince them.

Voting at TVShowsOnDVD.com is a much better way of showing support online, although we won't be able to use it for another week or so.

Really, the best thing you can do to get the show on DVD is to call FOX or write them letters (look here for numbers and addresses). Write them a letter, say you'd buy the DVDs, that you'd even pre-order them. One letter is worth dozens of petition signatures.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited the laziest little sidekick ]