Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2004, 10:58 PM
Total Fan

The Ratings Thread

For a show like Wonderfalls, ratings affect everything. Here's a thread for it. Cheer.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Ratings since the pilot according to mediaweek.

Fri 3/12/04 - 4.0
Thu 3/18/04 - 4.1 (repeat)
Fri 3/19/04 - 3.0
Fri 3/26/04 - 2.3

Which puts it way below any of the previous shows on Friday that Fox has already cancelled. In fact I wondered if we'd get a board before it got cancelled. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Friday is always death on Fox.

The good news is (in case you haven't heard) the show has been moved to Thursday after Tru Calling. So remember to watch it! Might be the second most difficult night to put it but anything is an improvement.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-01-2004, 10:00 AM
Addicted Fan

I hope it gets OutStanding ratings tonight
Old 04-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Well, they kept Tru Calling for reasons I've never quite understood...maybe Thursday nights are lucky.

Quote:
Friday is always death on Fox.
*quietly mourns Freakylinks, Firefly, John Doe, Beyond Belief, Millenium, and all the other Friday sacrifices*
Old 04-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by the laziest little sidekick:
<STRONG>

*quietly mourns Freakylinks, Firefly, John Doe, Beyond Belief, Millenium, and all the other Friday sacrifices*</STRONG>
I'm right there with you Sarah [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I loved some of those shows and they suffered the death of Friday night.

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited Firestar007 ]
Old 04-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by the laziest little sidekick:
*quietly mourns Freakylinks, Firefly, John Doe, Beyond Belief, Millenium, and all the other Friday sacrifices*
Dont forget Pasadena. I'm still bitter at Fox for not bringing the show back as they promised on a different night. But what really boils my blood is how they decided to show "reality" shows over the summer rather than burn off the remaining episodes.

It amazes me how Fox always seems to stumble on really great shows and how they never give them a shot or a chance to grow.

At least they've stuck with Wonderfalls so far which is a bit surprising since the latest ratings were downright cataclysmic.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe the move to thursdays will do us good [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja:
<STRONG>It amazes me how Fox always seems to stumble on really great shows and how they never give them a shot or a chance to grow.</STRONG>
And instead just air a bunch of inane "reality" shows. Ugh.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Exactly. I can't believe all the reality crappola they air, yet they can have a great show (like WF) and not give it a chance... [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]

Hopefully, the ratings will improve tonight and WF will have a bit more time to gain the audience and support it should!
Old 04-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Irony of FOX

The "unknown reason(s)" they kept Tru Calling is mainly because FOX has no choice BUT to keep that show as well as WF.

FOX is a victim of it's own greed (invention) in that they tried to put on wall-to-wall reality shows... But then when that failed, they were left with literally holes in their schedule and HAD to keep shows like Tru and WF to physically have something to air.

I mean, "Playing it Straight" was canceled after three episodes -- and rightfully so; it was another tacky, reality show with no purpose or staying power beyond its initial run (if that).

Now, however, the more reality shows that tank, the better are the odds that scripted shows like WF and Tru HAVE to stay on because the reality ride is slowing down (finally) and FOX is scrambling to adjust to this sudden change in people's preferences... Which isn't as sudden as they fool themselves to believe considering most people have been sick of reality shows for a couple of years now, but that is the only thing networks air, so they are forced (more or less) to watch them or nothing at all. Thank God for cable [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I predict that next fall and this summer we're going to see a load of brand new scripted shows that just might actually be GOOD for a change because FOX is being forced back into what built the network in the first place and can't rely on being "trend monkeys" -- Chasing the trends instead of setting them -- And are going to have to invest in REAL shows with real staying power like they did with "X-Files" and other hits.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not sure if the new timeslot is a good or bad move.

I know that the repeat of the pilot did pretty well in the slot, but it wasn't up against a new episode of The Apprentice or CSI (I think). I'm just hoping that it will at least be able to retain most of Tru Calling's audience, even though it doesn't get spectacular ratings either.

FOX should just put the show on Mondays.

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited platelet ]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm not sure about CSI, but The Apprentice aired a clip show that night. The Apprentice will be ending in two weeks, so if WF can make it past that the ratings should improve.

FOX's current schedule, for anyone who cares:

Monday:: Bernie Mac, Cracking Up, That 70's Show (two episodes)
Tuesday:: American Idol, 24
Wednesday:: That 70's Show, American Idol, The OC
Thursday:: Tru Calling, Wonderfalls
Friday:: Totally Outrageous Behavior, World's Craziest Videos, Forever Eden

FOX is basically in the same situation they were in last fall, when Skin, Joe Millionaire 2, Luis, and several other shows bombed. They had to keep TC because it was the closest thing they had to a successful show.

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited the laziest little sidekick ]
Old 04-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Total Fan

That's an interesting notion, UnsilentMajority. I never did think of it like that, but what you said sounds just about right.

Don't you feel special now? I called you smart.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

I've had my T.V. on Fox for the past two hours and they've pimped the show at least 5 times. I guess, they are trying to put it out there. For those of you that watch American Idol, do they advertize it at that time?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NaijaChiqa:
<STRONG>I've had my T.V. on Fox for the past two hours and they've pimped the show at least 5 times. </STRONG>
Major pimpage as in commercials or just those tiny boxes that pop in the bottom left hand corner?