So many great lines:

"She wanted to talk to you and I said you were servicing me sexually."

"Really?"

"Was that inappropriate?"

"Uh, uh."

The look on Eric's face and the fireworks... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hope the ratings were better tonight!

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited -Delilah- ]</STRONG>

My favorite bit. Eric knows he sooooooo wants to service her sexually. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-02-2004: Message edited NaijaChiqa ]
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Pink Panther Wannabe:
<STRONG>

Blame the states dude, not me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And yeah, a judge up here said this week that it wasn't as illegal as it is in the states. It's hard to grab people with an online nickname anyways. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
I do trust me!!! I do!!! Those a$$holes!

NaijaChiqa- Hell Yeah!! He so wants her!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Addicted Fan

This ep cemented my love for the show. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It was so great. All the best lines have already been mentioned though... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Loved when Jaye called her dad in the hospital and he was playing poker. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And I actually liked Gretchen. I thought she was really funny. A pathetic, shallow person, but funny. "You're obsessed with me!...And yet, still creepy."

icon credit
Old 04-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.simpatico:
Though I did recognize the allusion to Hitchcock's Suspicion - Sharon walking up the stairs with the milk mirrored Cary Grant. I like it when shows wink at the audience and take it for granted they're intelligent to notice things like that.
I was thinking Stephen King's Misery... either way, it was a really effective scene.

Good points on how they avoid caricaturing Republicans and other groups. The show is very intelligently written, it's a relief it doesn't go for cheap snark at the expense of its characters (and audience).

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

mini-question. Shouldn't it have been a 5 1/2 year reunion? If they graduated in the Summer of 1998, it'll be less than 6yrs. Unless this episode was set in winter 2005.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Bill was so damn funny in this ep,
but all in all this ep was perfict. could not ask for more
well maybe better rating (damn them people who are not watching)
Old 04-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

I'm incredibly pissed because I missed it last night and thought it'd still be playing on Fridays in Canuck land. Apparently not. [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Abducted Bookworm:
<STRONG>

The show is very intelligently written, it's a relief it doesn't go for cheap snark at the expense of its characters (and audience).</STRONG>
That is WF's strength.

The writers get the humor OUT of a situation (situational humor) rather than have Jaye spout one-liners every five seconds.

Jaye is sarcastic... But it always comes out of the situation instead of her trying to be "cool" or "aloof" most of the time.

The best examples from this episode where her and Gretchen's interactions when Gretchen kept misinterpreting Jaye's motivations and statements as "friendship" when all Jaye was trying to do was tell her the truth (that no one really thought about her or even liked her).
Old 04-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved tonights episode. Especially the interaction Between Jaye and her father. It helped soften her up a bit and make her a bit more human.

Most of the best lines have already mentioned. But one you guys forgot.

"Your sister is not a cold blooded murderer. She's never been a planner."

Gotta be a go-getter to be a serial killer. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Total Fan

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ridiculous that everyone happens to fall in love at first sight? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 12:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja:
<STRONG>Most of the best lines have already mentioned. But one you guys forgot.

"Your sister is not a cold blooded murderer. She's never been a planner."

Gotta be a go-getter to be a serial killer. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
hahaha... I forgot about that one, I have to say it made me laugh. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ridiculous that everyone happens to fall in love at first sight? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Well, sort of. I think it happens out there... Just not to me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Icon by me!
Old 04-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eidolon14:
<STRONG>Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ridiculous that everyone happens to fall in love at first sight? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ah. The truth is revealed.

You've obviously never been in love [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit ridiculous that everyone happens to fall in love at first sight? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Not as ridiculous as inanimate objects talking. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But seriously I think it's just due to the nature of the show. First "Wonderfalls" is depicted as being a kind of Las Vegas east where people get away to do impulsive impestuous things.

Second the show is episodic with a pace which while often starting slow often goes into turbocharge. Except for Jaye and perhaps a few of the recurring characters in the future there really isnt time for much courtship.

If someones destiny is to fall in love, by god it'll fall on their head like an anvil.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 04-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Raja:
<STRONG>If someones destiny is to fall in love, by god it'll fall on their head like an anvil.</STRONG>
I love that line..lol It's true, I guess..:-D
Old 04-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
With UPS Guy/Nurse and Richard/Tow Truck Woman, it's really just how the show is. It's supposed to be ridiculous. Then there's Sharon and Beth, who had to have an immediate connection so that the UPS Guy plot worked out. WF is made up of ridiculous situations. Anything that made sense just wouldn't fit, now would it? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]