Fan Forum Star

S2 Premiere: LIFE, LOSS, LEAVING 2/20 Discussion Thread

THE L WORD: LIFE, LOSS, LEAVING

RATING: TVMA - SLD
SHOWTIME ADVISORIES: Nudity, Adult Language, Adult Content
Dolby Digital 5.1 / CCAP
56 m

SYNOPSIS:
Season 2. The second season opens with Tina rebuffing Bette's attempts at reconciliation while Jenny prepares for an emotional farewell with Tim.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Enjoy tonight's episode, guys! You've been waiting quite some time for this.

I never was able to see S1 ... nor do I have Showtime. But, enjoy!

Old 02-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Extreme Fan

I think this was a good season opener. The credits were a bit weird considering there wasn't any last season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Carmen the girl who used Alice and treated her badly during the beginning of season 1?

I'm loving the whole Dana/Alice thing. I really wish they would just get together already. Their run together was hilarious when they were telling each other what not to do.

Tina: I feel sorry for her considering she has to raise her child alone.

Bette: I hate that she continued to sleep with Candace even if she did eventually break it off.

Ivan/Kit: I don't know what to think about it, I'm sort of mixed.

Marina: I can't believe she would do something like that. It just doesn't seem like something she would do, even if she was madly in love with Jenny.

Jenny: I think she's gotten better over last season. I might even start to like her more.

Tim: I'm sad to see him go but I guess he had to eventually. Where else would they place him in the storyline?

Shane/Carmen: I wonder what's going to happen between them. They're an interesting pair, not to mention Carmen is gorgeous.

I can't wait to read about what you guys thought about tonights episode.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 02-21-2005, 05:57 AM
New Fan

withdrawal!

FORTUNATELY I stumbled across a person who loaned me the first season of the L word on dvd, UNFORTUNATELY, I am now hooked, and being from Canada I don't have access to showtime. Does anyone know where I might be able to download episodes after they air?
Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was so excited for a new episode last night! lol Here are my thoughts:

Marina - I couldn't believe she tried to kill herself. I guess it was because of Jenny's rejection. I was no Marina fan but that kinda sucks.

Jenny - she still annoys me tremendously. I see that she was still up to her old ways. She so needs to just work on her writing and forget relationships.

Tim - I was sad to see him go.

Tina/Bette - I felt zero sympathy for Bette. I was cheering Tina on. What5 made it worse was that Bette was still sleeping w/Carmen before she suddenly decides she misses Tina.

Dana/Alice - I can't wait to see how they handle this over the season. Their awkwardness was fun. Tonya just needs to go away.

Shane/Carmen - okay they're hot together. I don't know where this is going but I want her to be the one for Shane.

Ivan/Kit - probably my least favorite story. I don't understand it and I think it should be dropped. I want Kit to stay straight.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksrock
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Carmen the girl who used Alice and treated her badly during the beginning of season 1?

Jenny: I think she's gotten better over last season. I might even start to like her more.
Nope, actually, that would be Gabby, played by Guinevere Turner.

I thought the same thing about Jenny last night...she actually didn't bug me, at all during the episode...I was kinda scared, lol. I kinda felt bad for her after Tim had sex with her and left...that was just kinda dumb.

"I've held it all together as long as I can... there's pieces of me falling right into your hands..." - Tonight, Sara Evans

Marissa: "Stop it! Just stop!" *cheerleaders stop* "Oh, no, not you, you guys are great! Go Harbor!"

I got my avvie here: washizdarkbliss
Old 02-21-2005, 02:18 PM
New Fan

I dont have Showtime, and I love The L Word. And I dont know anyone who has Showtime. Whats a girl to do!?!?

-Shannon-
Old 02-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was the Transitional Special last night. Marina, Tim, Candace and Gene all went to the Land Of The Dead Marios and we got our first taste of Carmen.

Nice show and highly enjoyable.

http://bcnifm.com
Old 02-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly17
Nope, actually, that would be Gabby, played by Guinevere Turner.

I thought the same thing about Jenny last night...she actually didn't bug me, at all during the episode...I was kinda scared, lol. I kinda felt bad for her after Tim had sex with her and left...that was just kinda dumb.
Thanks, I was confusing my characters.

The whole waking up Jenny and having 10 second sex with her was just odd. She said no, wouldn't that be considered rape? Nonetheless, we may never know what that was about.

santastic: You say you live in Canada. Have you tried looking at the Showcase website? It's like the Canadian version of Showtime. They might be airing it.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 02-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Was I the only who thought it was a little bit disappointing?

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 02-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Yay! I'm finally going to watch it today.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

i really loved this opening episode .. also i agree that having opeiing credits was a bit weird .. but beutiful pictures in the credit i might add

i loved all the Dana /alices scenes .. and i still dont like Tonja

about Kit .. well i think shes the next gay one... well or Bi one .. like you want to see it .. but Ivan (sp) wow thats a hot woman .. i really dont know why she dresses herself up as a man with this body .. whooo .. but i think Kit should stay straight .. unless she really falls in love with Ivan ..

Carmen .. wow ..shes HOT ... that tattooo .. the stomach .. those eyes .. teh hair .. aww i think i´m in love and with Shane .. even hotter

Jenny .. hmm well still dont like her that much .. but we´ll see

I was sad to see tim go

Bette /Tina ... hmm well .. i do believe that bette misses Tina .. but i wouldnt forgive her either ...

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksrock
Thanks, I was confusing my characters.

The whole waking up Jenny and having 10 second sex with her was just odd. She said no, wouldn't that be considered rape? Nonetheless, we may never know what that was about.
Yeah I forgot to comment on this before but that moment made me kind of uncomfortable. I didn't even really understand it. And I didn't like how she was saying no but he kept climbing on top of her anyway. Then when she finally relents he doesn't even climax and just kind of leaves her there. Very strange moment, not Tim's finest.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

I never realised how much I missed this show till I saw this ep

I loved it!

thoughts tomorrow
Old 02-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cleiss leaves us with a cliffhanger!

http://bcnifm.com