Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

You learn something new everyday I never had the sllightest idea that there was an L Word convention.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Absolute Fan

L Word convention? interesting, i had no idea there was one either
Old 07-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Karina Lombard's Marina Returns to The L Word
by Karman Kregloe, July 11, 2006

Quote:
Actress Karina Lombard will appear once again as Marina in the fourth season of Showtime's popular lesbian drama The L Word, sources close to the show have confirmed to AfterEllen.com. TV Guide Online also reported Lombard's return earlier this week.

In the first season of The L Word, Lombard played Marina Ferrer, the owner of The Planet and the woman with seduced Jenny Schecter (played by Mia Kirshner). Though a main character and a fan favorite, Marina was written out of the show at the end of the first season after her characted attempted suicide and was taken back to Italy by her family.

In a July 2005 interview with Playboy Magazine, Lombard speculated about why she had not been invited back for a second season of the hit show. "I became popular, and I guess that's not good...And then suddenly with the rest of the cast it became all about politics, ego, and who's the better flatterer, all stuff I can't stand."

But when asked in a June 2006 interview with The New York Daily News (to promote her new show, The 4400), if she might ever return to The L Word, Lombard cryptically replied, "Everything happens in Hollywood."

Showtime has not yet formally announced the length of Lombard's tenure for the fourth season or the nature of the plotline surrounding her return, but our sources have told us that she will return for two episodes. TV Guide reports that Lombard will appear in the premiere episode of the fourth season.

Joining Lombard and the regular cast on the fourth season of The L Word is Oscar winner Marlee Matlin, who will play a deaf lesbian romantically interested in Bette in an 11-episode arc, and Cybill Shepherd, playing a married mother and president of the college where Bette Porter (Jennifer Beals) attends graduate school who suddenly begins to question her sexuality.

Since The L Word, Lombard has appeared on the television shows Dr. Vegas (CBS) and The 4400 (USA Network). Dr. Vegas, starring Rob Lowe, was cancelled after only 5 episodes, but the sci-fi 4400 has become a cable hit. On it, Lombard plays Alana Mareva, one of 4400 missing persons who reappear on the same exact day, now possessing special powers.

Since her departure from The L Word, Lombard's fans have continued to petition for her return. In The New York Daily News interview, Lombard praised those fans for their unwavering support. "I have to say fans of The L Word are unbelievably dedicated...I'm very, very flattered, they even have websites for me. And that's why you know, if I was asked to go back, I would want to bring Marina back in a beautiful way."
The fourth season of The L Word begins filming soon, and will air in early 2007
Old 07-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ok I'll still watch but the first time she says "Yenny" i get to give her character throat cancer and kill her. *nods in agreement with self*

Mel
Old 07-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWsonSReaLJoEy
Ok I'll still watch but the first time she says "Yenny" i get to give her character throat cancer and kill her. *nods in agreement with self*

Mel

It's sad that the last time Jenny was tolerable was w/Marina. You could ignore how annoying both characters were b/c at least the sex was hot.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Its been SO weird watching her on The 4400 making out with a guy. Granted a cute guy, but still, a guy.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 07-25-2006, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

I know what you mean, I keep waiting for her to turn on him, lol.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra
Its been SO weird watching her on The 4400 making out with a guy. Granted a cute guy, but still, a guy.
Did you ever see her in The Firm or Legends of the Fall where she played a straight chick? That was her wasn't it? I always used to think that when I saw her on TLW that she looked like that girl from those movies who made out w/Tom Cruise & Brad Pitt.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Never saw her in those, but I've only seen like parts of those movies

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Who was see in Legends of the Fall? The indian chick that Brad married?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~
Who was see in Legends of the Fall? The indian chick that Brad married?
Yup. She played the grown up version of his wife Isabelle 2.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Absolute Fan

i remember that girl
Old 09-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra (View Post)
ditto. I keep expecting Jenny to show up to have hot sex with her
Old 09-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

26-year-old out actress Kristanna Loken is joining the cast of Showtime's popular lesbian drama The L Word in its fourth season, Variety revealed today.

Quote:
Loken will appear in 10 episodes, playing a single mom who meets Shane (Katherine Moennig) at a PTA meeting. Loken came out publicly earlier this year in an interview with Curve magazine. "I have dated and have had sex with men and women and have to say that the relationships I have had with certain women have been much more fulfilling, sexually and emotionally, than of those with certain men," she said. "I connect with an aura, with energy. And if the person with whom I connect happens to be a female, that’s just the way it is. That’s what makes my wheels turn.”

This is the not Loken's first appearance on a TV series: She has had recurring roles on shows like Philly (2002), Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1999), and Pensacola: Wings of Gold (1998). Her breakout role came in 2003 on the big screen, in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003).

Loken most recently starred in the action movie BloodRayne (2005), and has a role in a trilogy of fantasy movies for the Sci Fi Channel. She can next be seen in the independent film Lime Salted Love (2006).

Loken is the latest high-profile guest star to join the fourth season of The L Word. Earlier this summer, Showtime announced that Oscar-winning actress Marlee Matlin would be playing a deaf lesbian who takes a romantic interest in Bette. Last month, Cybill Shepherd signed on to play a married mother and college president who begins to question her sexuality. Season one cast member Karina Lombard is also reprising her role for a few episodes in the upcoming season
Old 09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the info tragedy