Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

All I know is that I like my boys with an edge. Nathan tells it like it is. If he doesn't like you, then he's not gonna spend his time trying to suck up to you and get on your good side cause quite frankly, he just doesn't give a damn. That's why I love Nathan so much. Lucas, on the other hand, wants to be loved by everybody and is sickeningly sweet to them whenever he has his way. The minute things aren't going the way he wants them to, he turns on the other person and starts putting all the blame on them. And oy the preaching. First to his mom, then Keith, then Peyton, then Jake [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And the staring! And the brooding! And that weird smirk he has! I'm sorry but Nathan can pull off that sexy smirk that makes you giggle uncontrollably and turn you into a puddle of goo. Lucas can't. End of story.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Radiant Gray ]
Old 04-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

I think one of the best things about Nathan as a character is the fact that he tells it like it is. He see's people for who they are, and he doesn't want to waste his time.

And then at the same time this doesn't make him a preacher like his brother. If he doesn't like you or what you're doing, he just avoids you, he doesn't try to change you. Which is refreshing since Luke is the exact opposite.

Whitney
Old 04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

ITA to everything everyone has mentioned, especially the comment that Nathan hasn't lost his edge even though he's with Haley. That's a hard thing to accomplish. His character hasn't gotten "boring" even though he's in a committed relationship. That's refreshing.

What also draws me to Nathan is that, under his somewhat indifferent exterior, he really feels things very deeply. He doesn't often let that side of himself out b/c he's had to build up a wall to survive in his family. However, when he does let it out, it's always sincere and very deep. He's letting that side out with Haley more b/c he feels safe and secure with her. Like he can finally reveal himself without any adverse ramifications. That's why their relationship is so beautiful and compelling.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 04-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay so there are two NS app threads- Do we really need 2? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Seeing as how this one has a pretty opening picture! I say we keep this one [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]- HAHA

Love the banner Linda

THread questions:What do you want for Nathan in the upcoming 6 weeks

What is the most out of character thing Nathan could do at this point and still get away with?

Mandie*

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited jizzle ]
A girl asked a boy if she was pretty. He said no. She asked him if he wanted to be with her forever. He said no. She then asked him if he would cry if she walked away. He again said no. She had heard too much. She needed to leave. As she walked away, he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. He said, "You're not pretty, you're beautiful, I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die. ~Anonymous

It just is...-Cameron & Nikki

It's getting less complicated-Bradin & Callie

Baller Girl #3
Old 04-01-2004, 11:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

What do you want for Nathan in the upcoming 6 weeks.

I definately want to watch Nathan and Haley relationship grow and become more intense. It wonderful watching them realize the depths of their feelings. I also want to watch Nathan become more self-reliant. He taking steps in that direction and it will be interesting to see how they develop. I also want to see him have some fun. His life has sucked lately, except for Haley. I want to see him ignore the drama and act like a 16 year old.

What is the most out of character thing Nathan could do at this point and still get away with?

This is extreme...start to create a positive relationship with Lucas. Now that he is moving away from his father's sphere of influence, I want Nathan to independently assess whether he wants to have a relationship with his brother. Dan was the one who has fostered all the hatred and Deb has apparently done nothing to neutralize Dan's actions. I want Nathan to form his own opinion.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 04-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by veracity:
<STRONG>ITA to everything everyone has mentioned, especially the comment that Nathan hasn't lost his edge even though he's with Haley. That's a hard thing to accomplish. His character hasn't gotten "boring" even though he's in a committed relationship. That's refreshing.

What also draws me to Nathan is that, under his somewhat indifferent exterior, he really feels things very deeply. He doesn't often let that side of himself out b/c he's had to build up a wall to survive in his family. However, when he does let it out, it's always sincere and very deep. He's letting that side out with Haley more b/c he feels safe and secure with her. Like he can finally reveal himself without any adverse ramifications. That's why their relationship is so beautiful and compelling.</STRONG>
I don't think trust comes easily for Nathan, because he's been continually let down in his life. But Haley has proven time and again that she won't let him down, she won't desert him, or betray him. So he opens up with her, he lets her into his heart, the dark and light places, and she's stuck around.

Whitney
Old 04-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Sorry to double post, I didn't see this before...

THread questions:What do you want for Nathan in the upcoming 6 weeks
-I really want to see him a little bit happier, able to have some more teenage fun. I want to see his feelings for Haley, and their relationship explored, as well as his relationship with his father, because I believe those are the two central relationships in his life.

-Be nice to Luke. It would definitely be OOC, but I could get over it if he did it to please Haley, or to just get Luke out of his hair.

Whitney
Old 04-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Uncharacteristic thing:

I think that the most uncharacteristc thing that he could do is one befriend Lucas, and he might could get away with it because of haley, at this point Im really not big on the brotherly love. I dont care whethere ot not they bond, it just doesnt interest me! Another thing he could do that is out of his character right now is cheat on Haley, but he could get away with this, as in it wouldnt ruin his character completely because his past may be resurfacing...

Mandie*
A girl asked a boy if she was pretty. He said no. She asked him if he wanted to be with her forever. He said no. She then asked him if he would cry if she walked away. He again said no. She had heard too much. She needed to leave. As she walked away, he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. He said, "You're not pretty, you're beautiful, I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die. ~Anonymous

It just is...-Cameron & Nikki

It's getting less complicated-Bradin & Callie

Baller Girl #3
Old 04-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Reposting from the other NS appreciation...Why is there two?

Quote:
Originally posted by jizzle:
<STRONG>[I think that the most uncharacteristc thing that he could do is one befriend Lucas, and he might could get away with it because of haley, at this point Im really not big on the brotherly love. I dont care whethere ot not they bond, it just doesnt interest me! </STRONG>
ITA...it's too early for them to be friends. If it happens I won't buy it. They still have a lot of sh* to work through.

What do you want for Nathan in the next six weeks worth of episodes?

I want him to be shirtless [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I want him to talk to his parents about his feelings about what is going on. I want him to make-out with his girlfriend for god sakes! The boy needs some lovin! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

xoxo
Brittany

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 04-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Thought these would brighten things up in here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited *Pink Lady* ]
Old 04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Oh I love the second pic, James looks really good in that shade of blue, it totally brings out the blue in his eyes, which is always a good thing.

So to be shallow, what is your favorite part of James physically?

Well his chest is to die for, as witnessed by the new promo's. His face is so broody and intense. But I think I have to go with the eyes, they just barely edge out the chest. They're just so bright and intense, they just bring you in and captivate you completely.

Whitney
Old 04-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Fan

I love his mouth! When he gives Haley the bracelet & says "This is for you", he does this thing with his mouth that's sooo sweet! [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img]

You've gotta re-watch it to see!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Pink Lady- I don't think a lot of us need to re-watch it to see what you're talking about because I knew right off the bat. Yay for being too obssessed. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You're right, it was really adorable the way his mouth sort of twisted up.

I gotta go with Whit though and say his eyes. They're so pritty.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, his eyes are wonderful...especially in the 2nd pic that Sarah posted. Absolutely gorgeous. His chest is amazing too...those new promos make me drool everytime I see it (which is often lol) [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

xoxo
Brittany

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 04-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Supreme Fan

So to be shallow, what is your favorite part of James physically?

Must I pick one? I love the chest (I now have a thing for nipple rings because of him); [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the eyes; but I really love it when he sticks/pokes his tongue in the lower lip area [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] he has done it a couple of times on the show and he does it in the backlot promo...Yeah, I need some help! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]