Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

James/Nathan Episode Discussion: 8.06 - "Not Afraid."

"Not Afraid."

Episode Description:
SOPHIA BUSH DIRECTS THE EPISODE - As Halloween approaches in Tree Hill, Brooke (Sophia Bush) and Julian (Austin Nichols) get an unexpected visitor, and Nathan (James Lafferty) begins a new career. Meanwhile, Clay (Robert Buckley) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) struggle with life back at the beach house, and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) and Mia (guest star Kate Voegele) host an open mic night at Tric. Jackson Brundage also stars. The episode was written by John Norris and directed by Sophia Bush (#806).

Rules:
1. No bashing.
2. Please be respectful of eachother's opinion.
Not everyone may agree with you, so please
respect the opinions of others.
3. Do not mention/hint/talk about any spoilers
about the upcoming episodes.
4. Enjoy the episode.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Anyone watched it yet?

pink peaches
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved all the Nathan scenes. James is awesome and I am soo glad he is there, I don't think I could stand OTH without him

Haley's storyline at the crisis center is boring and I honestly didn't dig her costume Why couldn't the writers choose something fresh for her. I have actually started ff her scenes when she isn't with Nathan or Brooke And that is sad for me, because I used to enjoy her character so much.

Nathan, Julian and Brooke are the best things in this show at the moment I just love their characters sooo much. The high-five between Nathan and Julian was sooo freaking cute, they are awesome together in scenes!!

Loved Nathan taking Jamie, Madison and Chuck trick or treating, but I honestly don't like that kid Chuck, I wish they would bring back Andre

Also the opening was funny as hell and I was so glad to get a rest from Haley's voiceover letters to Luke. I actually quite like them, but they were starting to get redundant, so I was glad they gave that a break. Brooke and Julian's part in the opening was the funniest So effing funny!! I also loved Quinn and Haley at the beginning

The NH scene at the end was love, but I really wish the writers would pay more attention to the couple that basically holds this show together!!

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 10-20-2010 at 03:30 AM
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT hun

James/Nathan is always amazing

And dayum did he look smokin effin hot and so effin sexy in his costume

The opening zombie scene had me cracking up laughing

As much as I hate that they took bball away from him I'm curious to see how this sports agent storyline plays out. He can totally relate to the clients and vice versa which is a great advantage. If done right, it could be a great thing for Nathan. Ultimately, I want to see him coaching bball too though <3

I was expecting more NH scenes too so I was rather disappointed with the lack of them but their scene at the end was truly amazing It kind of made up for the lack of NH scenes for me.

Nathan taking the kids trick or treating was just too cute. I loved seeing him role his eyes at Chuck when he was bragging about how he had more candy than Jamie and then seeing the proud look on his face when Jamie didn't let Chuck get to him.

I loved the Nate/Clay scenes. About freakin time that Nate was the one being praised instead of doing all the praising. I'm loving how much Nate/Clay are interacting and getting closer as friends. They have a genuine friendship, BFFs.

The Nate/Julian high five scene PWNS....it's priceless!! I really hope we continue seeing them interacting and they keep up the banter between them. It's the best <3

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Liam=Hot&Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

At that animation

I really liked this episode.. I felt like they incorporated Halloween and fun into it, without making it just a filler episode.

I loved that Nathan got scenes with Jamie, Haley, Julian/Chase, and Clay.

His outfit looked KILLER! He is so adorable.

I loved the comparison between Clay and Nathan's weights too. . too cute.

The last NH scene on the couch with the basketball tape broke my heart. I just can't let bball go

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That scene at the end when he was watching the game broke my heart too It's going to take time for him to let go of the game that he's loved playing all his life.

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Liam=Hot&Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Moderator Support Team

I totally love the last NH scene and Nathan/Julian scene since it was so hilarious that I was laughing so hard..

Beside, he looked so creepy as zombie and I love how he realized that he was worrying about not knowing what he will go to do since he is okay w/o basketball, but wondering.. At least he have his wife and his son included the baby on the way...

Also, I wish that we can see some scene of NH at the party, but oh well...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode wasn't bad, but only 2 NH scenes? Seriously. We've been getting 2 or 3 scenes max. in the episodes, and I do not approve.

Nathan looked hot in his costume, and Haley looked super pretty as a cheerleader, plus that cute ponytail but I didn't like the outfit much, or maybe it's the fake baby bump..

The last Nathan/Haley scene is <3 I love how Haley was rubbing his feet against Nate. I bet it's unscripted.

Haley's reaction to the clowns is the cutest thing ever. Poor thing witnessed them more than once in the episode.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I know this sounds crazy, but I actually loved this episode. The other episodes I've seen I thought were just okay or awful, but this episode was awesome. It was probably one of the better episodes this season.

I loved Nathan's interactions with everyone in this episode; I also loved his halloween costume, though I wasn't able to recognize who he was. I'm also curious to see how his storyline as an agent will play, I hope this storyline is well done.

Credit: silvia_peyton at Livejournal
therunaway93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

The episode was OK. Not as good as last week's but better than the previous ones

Julian is adorable
Reply   Post New Thread