Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

James/Nathan Episode Discussion: 8.04 - "We All Fall Down."

"We All Fall Down"

Episode Description:
BROOKE FACES A MORAL DILEMMA - As Brooke (Sophia Bush) deals with the mounting financial troubles at Clothes Over Bro's, Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) come to a conclusion regarding Nathan's career. Meanwhile, Julian (Austin Nichols) begins a new film project, while Alex (guest star Jana Kramer) and Chase (guest star Stephen Colletti) spend the afternoon together. Robert Buckley, Shantel VanSanten and Jackson Brundage also star. The episode was written by William H. Brown, and directed by Peter B. Kowalski (#804).

Rules:
1. No bashing.
2. Please be respectful of eachother's opinion.
Not everyone may agree with you, so please
respect the opinions of others.
3. Do not mention/hint/talk about any spoilers
about the upcoming episodes.
4. Enjoy the episode.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry, I forgot to put the episode discussion up since yesterday. Anyway, it's here now
Feel free to open one, guys, if the episode aired, and the thread wasn't posted.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Supreme Fan

I might as well just paste in what I wrote in the spoiler thread, because although it's how I feel about the show as whole and where it's going, this episode has single-handedly undone everything this show was supposed to be about:

After what happened in yesterday's episode EVERYTHING that happens from now on is going to be a pointless waste of time. The last seven seasons have been rendered a complete waste.

Nathan didn't get to "live his dream". Haley taught, and went on tour and performed - on screen. Brooke designed clothes and held fashion shows - on screen. Lucas went on a book tour, albeit a failed one - on screen. Peyton arranged concerts and produced albums - on screen. Mouth was a sportscaster - on screen. Julian has been a successful movie producer and director - on screen. Clay has been super agent - on screen. Quinn had a studio opening to show off her photography - on screen.

Nathan spends six seasons working through setback after setback to reach the NBA and then spends the seventh season putting up with ten tons of shiz to keep it. And now it's gone, just like that, and all he got was a ten second shot running onto the court for one game in the season six finale.

Seven seasons of buildup for absolutely nothing. The one remaining link to what this show used to be, and it's gone in two measly scenes that treated it like no big deal. A basketball show with no basketball, but hey, it has baseball, and golf, and music... yeah, okay.

Why is Clay still on the show? He was Nathan's agent, and now Nathan doesn't need one. Clay can leave. Great, Nathan leaving the NBA is being used to give Julian a new useless movie, and of course, Julian now knows Jamie better than Nathan does. It's a complete crock of...

And Nathan is now Clay's personal cleaner, apparently. Cars, carpets...

Whatever this show is, and whoever this version of Nathan is, One Tree Hill and Nathan Scott are both well and truly dead.
T2AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for putting it up, Sally.

I feel so sad for Nathan and how his dream got shattered into pieces right in front his eyes. I don;'t understand why Mark is giving Nathan such a BS treatment and as a Nathan fan it really bothered me watching his basketball dream vainishes into the air like that. He worked so hard & went through a lot to achieve his childhood dream and yet when it came true, it slipped from his hand. Why couldn't he just live it and be a happy husband, father & pro basketball player all at once?? This show frustrates me to no end.

So what will Nate do next, for real?? will be he around just to mop carpet, wash cars..etc? Tis sad! Real sad....

However, I really enjoyed and loved all Nathan/Haley's scenes, they are golden
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nathan had more than 3 scenes, and interacted with different people. YAY! I'm just glad we have an episode with Nathan doing more than what he usually been doing in the past episode."

The opening was fantastic, and beautifully shot. But man, my heart was breaking seeing that sad, broken look on Nathan's face. He loves that game so much, and you can tell how he's missing it already, but his family comes first, and he had to make a choice. I don't really blame him or think he's ~boring~ or ~useless~ for doing so, however...

I'm disappionted in the writers. It's nothing new. At all. But they've been toying with Nathan's basketball career almost every darn season, and then they give it back to him. If they were planning to make him lose it for good this season, why didn't they do that long time ago already?

I'd have been ok with that storyline, if I was confident that they will give Nathan a good storyline afterwards, but sadly, I'm worried that he will have no role at all but being the gorgeous wallpaper and prop on the show for the rest of the season.

Sigh.

Anyway, Nathan/Haley scenes were beautiful as always. The bathroom scene was tres adorable! Especially when he wiped her cheeks clean.
The other scene where Nathan told Haley he isn't leaving for camp, nor is he going to play basketball anymore was beautiful and sad at the same time. But! I'm glad that they did have Nathan telling Haley that in a short scene, with a short dialogue of "I'm done","are you sure?", "yep" only, but they actually gave them a really good dialogue that showed more.

Nathan/Clay had such lovely scenes. So sweet of Nate to spend time with Clay when he's in the hospital. I understand Nathan not telling Clay now about his basketball career, and how he won't even play anymore.

Nathan/Quinn had a scene! I was "FINALLY". For real. It took them so darn long. It was short, but cute, nonetheless.

I'm not a big fan of Julian, but I don't hate him either. His scenes with Nate are nice, and their latest one is too. Jamie/baseball mention really got to him. Little stuff like this can totally bring you down, and disappiont you in yourself, even when you didn't do anything wrong. I mean, Nathan hasn't ever left Jamie's side except when he had to for camp and basketball games, and it could have been a new hobby Jamie just discovered recently, but nonetheless, to Nathan it's a big deal.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'd have been ok with that storyline, if I was confident that they will give Nathan a good storyline afterwards, but sadly, I'm worried that he will have no role at all but being the gorgeous wallpaper and prop on the show for the rest of the season.
I couldn't have said it better. I feel like now we won't get anything good

I absolutely loved the opener as well. . the RC scene was amazing. My heart truly breaks for Nathan. I hate this

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Old 10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with all of your posts, bbs

Beautiful ani Thank you for sharing that with us hun
For a while there he looked so happy and was smiling as he played the game that he loved so much Then reality set in

The opening scene at the RC was all kinds of amazing My heart is breaking for him too...he's letting go of his dream

The Naley scenes had me melting...they were beautiful and all kinds of adorable As always, they were precious

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Liam=Hot&Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

James performance was breathtaking
Old 10-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Elite Fan

Can I hire Nathan to clean my room? We will even play basketball later

Halo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

The animation is GORGEOUS

Fra! Ok, maybe it's little too much how Nathan is cleaning Clay's car, then the carpet..etc, lol, I mean, yeah, I get why he's doing that, but he could have hired anyone to do the carpet work instead.

I'm kinda disappionted that we have no Nathan/Lucas mention in the latest episodes. I wish there was a phone call between Nathan/Lucas, or a letter or even a mention. If they could do that for Haley/Lucas, which I TOTALLY LOVE, and they are besties, they can do the same for Nathan/Lucas, since they're brothers.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |

Last edited by Poupa; 10-07-2010 at 04:59 AM
Old 10-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

well, the show is a little weird when it comes to relatives because Taylor didn't even show up and her sister almost died
Old 10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I mean, yeah, I get why he's doing that, but he could have hired anyone to do the carpet work instead.
That's exactly what I was thinking And wouldn't it have been hard on him having to clean up his SIL and best friend's blood....

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Liam=Hot&Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

^It must be really hard.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Reply   Post New Thread