Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

James/Nathan episode discussion: 8.02 - "I Can’t See You, But I Know You’re There"

"I Can’t See You, But I Know You’re There"

Episode Description:
BROOKE RECEIVES MORE BAD NEWS — Clay (Robert Buckley) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) discover they’ve been shot, and as they fight to live, Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) struggle with the situation... Meanwhile, Julian (Austin Nichols) tries to preoccupy Jamie (Jackson Brundage), and Brooke’s (Sophia Bush) legal troubles mount.

Rules:
1. No bashing.
2. Please be respectful of eachother's opinion.
Not everyone may agree with you, so please
respect the opinions of others.
3. Do not mention/hint/talk about any spoilers
about the upcoming episodes.
4. Enjoy the episode.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT hun

No Nathan (or NH) in the promo. But at leats they're included in the episode description so that gives us something to look forward to They are going to be so devastated when they learn about the shooting

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Liam=Hot&Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for putting the thread up, love
Old 09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Soooo the lack of Nathan for an entire 30 minutes was RIDICULOUS.

But I loved his scene with Clay in the hospital . . sitting down and talking to him So cute. "Cause I know your spirit, and I've seen your strength. . just come back to us when you can. Cause I never said thank you, I never said I love you" <3 GOT THE CHILLS AH. "I love you too Nate, and I miss you buddy."

I liked the NH scene and Haley saying she needed him
I wish we got more Nathan.. :/ it was an okay episode.

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I, too, wish we had more James/Nathan, but I LOVED his scenes!!! <3
gonna change [her] life. And I was right.
Nathan: You were responsible for raising the woman who changed my entire world.
I’ll never forget that Lydia. Ever. Thank you for saying yes.
PoeticRose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not happy about the lack of Nathan But I cannot wait to see his scenes with Clay and Haley I just know I'm going to be in tears when watching that beautiful yet sad Nathan/Clay scene

From what I've read it sounds like it was an emotional filled episode.

icon~ lolo13
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the episodes where people have been in a hospital are always sort of boring and just okay. . I wish they wouldn't waste an episode on that. . but whatever. More Nate is needed asap.

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They better make up for the lack of Nathan in next week's episode!!

icon~ lolo13
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Well that was a waste of time. An entire episode of people crying over two characters I don't care about. Nathan being missing for half the episode, and spending the second half doing what he ALWAYS does: praising people who have treated him horribly.

Clay was a jackass to Nathan last season. But there's Nathan at his bedside, saying he'd be nothing without Super!Clay... Clay deserves a smack from Nathan, not to be credited with making Nathan successful. Is Nathan EVER going to get or give himself credit for anything? He never gets to do that with Haley, either.

I'm not good enough for you. I'd be nothing without you. Blah.

Oh, and I hated the direction of this episode. Waaaaay too much slow motion and far too many poorly framed shots. This episode looked weird.
T2AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Boring episode. I am soooo pissed about how the writers treat Nathan!! I just don't get it I did love all his scenes, but that is because Nathan is my fav character and just seeing him sitting there is better then anything else in this show. I did enjoy his scenes with Haley and I liked the Nathan/Clay scene and the Brooke/Haley and Nathan scene totally made me miss how this show used to be It was my fav scene in this eppy. The core 3 all interacting

Quote:
I'm not good enough for you. I'd be nothing without you. Blah.
That is one of my biggest peeves in the NH relationship. Everytime the writers have him say something like that I literally wanna break my t.v and say FOWL!!! Nathan does NOT get enough credit ever and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they actually had Nathan congratulate himself for getting where he is in his life.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Nathan does NOT get enough credit ever
Haley said I need you to Nathan and Clay told him, I love you. It's not like he got no love from others.

His scenes weren't that much but what he did get James did great. I thought the writing for the speech was a little over the top but I did like seeing Nathan getting emotional, with Lucas gone, it's obvious he and Clay became close. I do wish we had seen more of it (esp. since the second half of last season they barely had any interaction) but I still love CN.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Haley said I need you to Nathan and Clay told him, I love you. It's not like he got no love from others.
Haley saying 'I need you' means nothing to me because I KNOW that she needs him. It would just be nice if Nathan could do anything without his family, without the writers making him feel like he is guilty. It is beyond ridiculous because we all know Nathan will be there for his family whenever they need him and that he loves them unconditionally but just because he would give up basbetball or camp for them does NOT mean he should and it does NOT mean that he is horrible because he won't give it up.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 09-22-2010 at 03:12 AM
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
that he loves them unconditionally but just because he would give up basketball or camp for them does NOT mean he should and it does NOT mean that he is horrible because he won't give it up.
I never said that it was horrible and I didn't mean that. I just meant that it was nice to hear Haley say she needs him for Nate's POV, it's nice to feel needed, it shows how much it means for Haley to have him be there with her...Haley has said in the past to him she hopes he realises she doesn't take him for granted...I'm just saying it's not like he is being taken for granted or the good stuff he does and wonderful guy he has become is being ignored. I guess I just interpreted differently and took away soemthing from it that you didn't which is fine, we all can interpret and like/or not like something

I do wish Nate would give himself more credit, which I agree with, but I don't think Clay or Haley think like he does...when he said he didn't deserve Haley in 8.01, she made a noise, like "don't be silly".

Nathan hasn't given up BB for them (did I miss something in this ep) and of course he wouldn't be horrible if he didn't. But I'm sorry it would kinda be horrible for the time being if his friend/sister in law are in hospital and his recovering pregnant wife is hurting for him to just say ok now I have to go. It wouldn't be in character. Clay & Quinn could die and he would leave to go back to camp? Because that's more important than being there when his friends/family could die? I'm sure the NBA/training camp would approve leave for him. As Brooke said nothing, not even your career should take precedence over life and death matters. I could never imagine going on a work trip while my family lay in hospital and I didn't know if they would survive.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Ok, I must have missed something aswell, because I never said that you said those things... did I?? I am saying that the track record of this writing staff suggests that that is exactly where they are taking Nathan's sl this year and I am sorry if that makes me a horribly selfish Nathan fan, BUT I don't want to see that happen. And as much as Haley needs him to be around Nathan needs that type of support aswell. I mean we all know that Haley goes to Portland for her music, correct?? So Quinn and Clay MUST be fine, but Nathan is always the one who is missing out on his dream. I know that he has played a year in bb, but that isn't enough and I know that his whole issue with his back is going to come into play, but I bet the sole reason he decides anything it will be for Haley and Jamie when really, his career should be his and his alone. There are just some things that shouldn't be about Haley or Jamie. Especially when they already know about Nathan's back issues and they know how hard he fought for this.

Quote:
I do wish Nate would give himself more credit, which I agree with, but I don't think Clay or Haley think like he does...when he said he didn't deserve Haley in 8.01, she made a noise, like "don't be silly".
I am not blaming Haley, I am simply saying that I am SICK of the writers making it seem like Nathan is sooo lucky to have Haley when both Nathan/Haley deserve each other equally and even though I prefer Nathan's character to Haley's, I still believe they are on equal ground.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

What a boring episode!

One of the worst episodes of the show so far

I see, there's a difference of opinion, that's good. That's what this board is for, to express ourselves
Reply   Post New Thread