Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

James/Nathan episode discussion: 7x07 - “I And Love And You” (Director of the episode: James Lafferty)

7.07 “I And Love And You”

Writers: Mark Schwahn
Director: James Lafferty
Artist: The Avett Brothers

JAMES LAFFERTY DIRECTS THE EPISODE — Dan (Paul Johannson) brings Renee (guest star Kate French) onto his television show, leaving Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) powerless to stop him from revealing the truth of her pregnancy to the world. Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) examines what went wrong with David (guest star Scott Holroyd), and Sara (guest star Amanda Schull) and Clay (Robert Buckley) discuss their past. Meanwhile, Brooke (Sophia Bush) comes clean with Julian (Austin Nichols) about her true desires.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

ITS OVERRR ! ALLELUIA.

Finally. NH cuddling and kissing at the end was amazing. I am so glad they are all relaxed and better now.

Poor Clay in the episode too I felt so bad.

Ah next week looks so good! Skills and Jamie back!

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

This is without a doubt my favorite episode of the season. It had so much heart in it, and I truly enjoyed the storytelling of each character. Also, I thought James did a brilliant job directing this episode. The pace was perfect for such an episode. Bwah, I'm still in tears for some reason. I haven't been so moved after an episode for such a long time.

These past few episodes reaffirmed my love for this couple. NH didn't have as many lines tonight, but you know what? It didn't matter so much since we still got to see them, together, supporting each other. Every scene had them touching, and the emotional and physical support slayed me. They were so in tune with one another. Haley is Nathan's anchor and vice versa. Nothing is ever going to change that. They're IT.

I loved Haley's screw them attitude, and the fact that they decided not to watch the rest of the show.

I liked the flashbacks for Quinn and Clay, especially Clay's. It was nice having some more questions answered concerning Quinn/David, but I'm still left frustrated with her. Why didn't she communicate with David instead of brushing it off and keeping mum? I think they could have explained a bit more of her situation, but I guess they chose to focus more on Clay/Sarah instead. I thought Quinn/David had some great chemistry though.

Second favorite storyline would be Clay/Sara. That's when the real waterworks came out for me. LOL. Their story was incredibly touching and poignant. Clay/Sara had amazing chemistry, amazing. Rob killed the last scene. I think he's my favorite addition to the cast to date. The writers have done an excellent job developing his character. I just wish I could say the same for Quinn.

Overall, awesome episode! I can actually see myself rewatching many of the parts. Although, I have to say the promo almost ruined my mood.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This is without a doubt my favorite episode of the season. It had so much heart in it, and I truly enjoyed the storytelling of each character. Also, I thought James did a brilliant job directing this episode. The pace was perfect for such an episode. Bwah, I'm still in tears for some reason. I haven't been so moved after an episode for such a long time.

These past few episodes reaffirmed my love for this couple. NH didn't have as many lines tonight, but you know what? It didn't matter so much since we still got to see them, together, supporting each other. Every scene had them touching, and the emotional and physical support slayed me. They were so in tune with one another. Haley is Nathan's anchor and vice versa. Nothing is ever going to change that. They're IT.
Totally agree with everything you just said! I literally couldn't have said it better myself!

The promo seems quite funny next week! Just hate that once again they are bringing up something that doesn't matter anymore and it is something that both parties cringe over and wish had never happened!!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

James rocks so hard at directing. I'm so glad that he got to do another episode, and that this episode had some really great material to work with.

Finally Renee is gonna go bye bye. I like how they wrapped that up to, and brought Dan in on it. I LOLed at his things he was saying to the lie detector. I think my fave was I'm president of the United States. I even enjoyed Rachel's little line about how science will prove you wrong later anyway. And loved all the NH scenes, even though there weren't many lines, just the comfort and intimacy they have with each other, and the little things Haley was doing to try to calm Nathan, loved it! I wish they would have gotten freaky on that lounge chair at the end though.

I felt more for Quinn in this episode WAY more than I had in previous episodes. I do still feel for David too because I think he genuinely doesn't know what went wrong, and it is hard for Quinn to explain to him because she is such a romanticist. Not that he's doing anything wrong, just not what they used to be. So I think I finally understand her on that front, because I thought David was being a jerk in that one flashback. Although his heart was in the right place in buying the new house and wanting to provide more for them, I don't like that he didn't treat her in an equal partner in it (at least IMO), and then made that comment about how he didn't like that photo of himself because it was when he was poor or whatever he said. Obviously Quinn has made mistakes here too with just leaving, not returning phone calls, and then letting David think she slept with Clay, but I think this backstory was good for my impression of Quinn because I feel like I understand her issues better now, though I don't know if it warrants a divorce. I am actually still rooting for these two, I think.

I loved the whole Clay/Sara storyline as well. I thought the whole 'on the count of 2' thing was extremely adorable and such a creative thing for Mark to put in there. Gah, but that end was so devastating. The chemistry between those two though? Just WOW. To have that instant chemistry like these two for just being put in this episode together, blew me away. I was definitely not a pretty site to see in those scenes. Hee.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Elite Fan

Yes to your Quinn stuff. I was and still am conflicted.

Clay/Sara was well-written, imo. This is someone who hasn't read spoilers at all.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Before I was a little more partial to David, but now I can see both sides which is how I normally am with the couples I like, so this is good. LOL.

I do, but apparently not well enough. LMAO. I had no idea what the hell was going on. Yes, but very well-written. Kudos to Mark for bringing a character in like this and just giving such care to him and his past relationship.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase the memories (View Post)

I loved Haley's screw them attitude, and the fact that they decided not to watch the rest of the show.

I liked the flashbacks for Quinn and Clay, especially Clay's. It was nice having some more questions answered concerning Quinn/David, but I'm still left frustrated with her. Why didn't she communicate with David instead of brushing it off and keeping mum? I think they could have explained a bit more of her situation, but I guess they chose to focus more on Clay/Sarah instead. I thought Quinn/David had some great chemistry though.

Second favorite storyline would be Clay/Sara. That's when the real waterworks came out for me. LOL. Their story was incredibly touching and poignant. Clay/Sara had amazing chemistry, amazing. Rob killed the last scene. I think he's my favorite addition to the cast to date. The writers have done an excellent job developing his character. I just wish I could say the same for Quinn.
i couldn't of said that any better, the episode was amazing.
i felt for everyone.
i was definatly not in a pretty state at the end.
and evan though NH didn't have many scenes/many lines.. they didn't need to. it was still all there, all the time.
oh and i also loved the little "on the count of 2!"
SarMil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Master Fan

The new episode sounds good . I can't wait till I get home & download the clips. Hee
Old 10-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

Just buzzing by to commend James on his brilliant direction of this episode. He did a fantastic job and made this episode one of the, if not the best, in the season thus far.

Kudos to James.
I love you.
balle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naleylicious (View Post)
Before I was a little more partial to David, but now I can see both sides which is how I normally am with the couples I like, so this is good. LOL.

I do, but apparently not well enough. LMAO. I had no idea what the hell was going on. Yes, but very well-written. Kudos to Mark for bringing a character in like this and just giving such care to him and his past relationship.
It didn't break your heart into itty bitty pieces?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Supreme Fan

As much as I thought James' direction was great, as much as I thought the writing was great, as much as I thought most of the acting was great... if this is sign of things to come, just NO.

Thia episode was mostly about Clay and Quinn. There are three characters who have been on this show since the beginning, and this is exactly what I was afraid of. When Nathan's storyline starts taking a backseat to that of his agent, that's when I've got a huge problem with it.
T2AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I completely forgot James directed! My views on that now that I think about it were AHH awesome. I loved the flashbacks and the way the scenes were cut and everything. Brilliant.

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

I loved the episode.

James directed it very well, he should direct episodes more often

Mark did an amazing job. The Clay/Sarah storyline was very well written and it was very difficult because there wasn't a lot of time. We had seen a little of the David/Quinn relationship but none of the Clay/Sarah one and I felt as if I knew everything.

I hope the best of next week's episode
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Amazing episode.
I still can't get over of how much i loved it.

I think this episode had a lot more of Quinn/David and Clay/Sara than Naley and Brulian, because we needed to know the background of Clay and Quinn.

Now that we know, the time will be more well divided between the 3 main characters - or at least i hope so.

James did a WONDERFUL job directing.
So good! He should do it more often.