Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

James/Nathan episode discussion: 7.10 -"You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son."

You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son

PAUL JOHANNSON DIRECTS THE EPISODE — Nathan (James Lafferty) reaches the breaking point with Clay (Robert Buckley), causing a rift between Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten). Brooke (Sophia Bush) comes clean with Julian (Austin Nichols) about her worries regarding his growing connection to Alex (guest star Jana Kramer). Meanwhile, Skills (Antwan Tanner) pursues a new career in LA and Millicent’s (Lisa Goldstein) drug problem worsens. Paul Johannson and Lee Norris also star. Paul Johannson directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! But, why does the title say Joy/Haley, Sal?

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because I was too lazy, so I copied/pasted the title of the episode from there, LOL. Edited now.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

LOL. Thanks for the thread, Sal! Can't wait for tonight.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was so interesting to me. I enjoyed the drama.

I felt so bad for everyone. I understand both sides, Clay/Quinn and Nathan/Haley. It was so sweet when Clay said he would miss Nathan as his best friend I feel like it'll work itself out.

- Raffaella -
Old 11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Remind me why Clay and Quinn are still on the show?

Fail, show. Trying to make me more sympathetic to the two useless newbies by making NH too hard on them. Unfortunately for that little plan, I think they weren't hard enough.

Clay's sob story with Sara is no excuse for being a complete failure at his job. He should have taken a leave of absence if he wasn't up to the task he was being paid to do. And Quinn's still an obnoxious waste of space.

I meant what I said before: if Nathan takes Clay back, I'll think he's an idiot. Nobody with sense would willingly sign an agent who's already lost them everything. And since Clay's involvement with Nathan was the only reason I ever cared in the first place, Clay can go now. He and Quinn can both disappear to somewhere I don't have to watch them anymore.

Who knew Clay and Quinn would be this season's Felix and Anna...
T2AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

I don't understand what Mark is doing In my opinion he is creating unnecessary drama
Old 11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Unfortunately for that little plan, I think they weren't hard enough.
Sadly, it seems they were hard enough for some fans.
I've read a lot of comments (not so much on though, i mean in other sites) complaining a lot because of Nathan and Haley's (especially Haley's) "selfish" attitude.

Like.. Are you serious?

Nathan is just defending his dream and his family, everything he worked for his entire life. And he's not enjoying it, he seriously looked so heart-broken when the agency guys fired Clay.
And Haley is defeding her husband and her family.

Quinn is defending her (one day) boyfriend. And suddendly her and Clay are the victims here?

That's really fair..

©
sweet creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to still watch it, couldnt last nite, been on the computer tonite, so i guess once the kid goes to bed, it's MOM/ME time..sounds like it was a good episode!
fan4oth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Supreme Fan

I might have had a little more sympathy for Clay if he hadn't been inept from the start.

In 701 when Nathan was doing the body spray commercial, they made a point of mentioning it was Nathan's ONLY endorsement deal at that time - and it was Clay's responsiblity to get him more, which he hadn't done.

Throughout the whole Renee storyline, Clay told Nathan they wouldn't try to get a paternity test even though Nathan wanted one, was an arrogant pain in the ass, ignored Nathan's calls and turned off his phone because he was with Quinn, and generally walked around like he had no idea what he was doing. When Nathan told Clay he didn't want him hanging around Quinn, Clay promised he wouldn't... and then lied when directly asked if Quinn was with him. Even after Ghost Sara told him to fix it, he did nothing. If it hadn't been for Dan, Renee would probably still be causing trouble now.

And then the contract screw up. Clay promised Nathan he knew what he was doing, and that he would get Nathan what he wanted. Not only did he fail to do that, but he had no idea the team was talking to anybody else and had no idea they'd made a press release about it. Why? Because of Quinn. Again.

Was Nathan unreasonable to be partly blaming Quinn? Given that she was being a distraction, not really. Was Nathan wrong to consider Quinn the last straw? Again, not really, considering Clay proved that Nathan couldn't trust his word about that or much of anything else. Clay hasn't done any of the things he promised to do, he's done a lot of things he promised not to do, and Quinn has been the catalyst for almost all of it.
T2AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Nathan/Haley were harsh. They were upset, disappionted and had every right in what they did. Don't get me wrong, I love Clay and Quinn, but I certainly do not like how Clay didn't handle his job well in many situations with Nathan, nor did he or Quinn paid much attention to Nathan's career after the Bobcats chose someone else.
Quinn was so riled up for Clay's sake, when she should have also considered what it meant for her little sister and her family. And Clay never told Nathan his secret, nor what he was going through, so how was Nathan supposed to know or sympathize with him.
I just wish they didn't get Quinn to behave like that, nor Clay to be careless like that. I guess it's all for drama's sake.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Quinn was so riled up for Clay's sake, when she should have also considered what it meant for her little sister and her family. And Clay never told Nathan his secret, nor what he was going through, so how was Nathan supposed to know or sympathize with him.
I just wish they didn't get Quinn to behave like that, nor Clay to be careless like that. I guess it's all for drama's sake.
I think it's just a bit ridiculous, Quinn is Clay's girlfriend for ONE DAY. And she's been Haley's sister for almost 25 years!
I just don't get her huge need to defend Clay. Sure he has problems, but like Haley said, we all have. Quinn was in the middle of the situation, she could have conforted Clay but also be there for Naley. But instead she just choosed Clay over her family. *sighs*

The drama this storyline is causing might even be good, but it's making me lose my love for Quinn and Clay. Especially Quinn. =/

©

Last edited by sweet creature; 11-18-2009 at 01:04 PM
sweet creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

I don't know, it's too much drama for me
Old 11-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you Sally.
I see both sides. I understand why Quinn was siding with Clay, only because she is the only one who knew what he was going through with Sarah. I think she feels like he needs someone. But Nathan and Haley do have a right to be upset.

- Raffaella -
Old 11-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sadly the writers aren't doing a good job in portraying how Quinn handles some problems she is facing. like her marriage, her new friendship with Clay and her relationship with NHJ.
As someone who likes her, and see a good potential of scenes of her with NHJ and Clay, I really hope they make it up. They got many people hating her :/ And I was annoyed by her behaviour last episode.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Reply   Post New Thread