Old 10-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

James/Nathan Episode Discussion: 7.05 "Your Cheatin' Heart"

Writers: Mike Herro & David Strauss
Director: Peter Kowalski
Artist: Hank Williams, Jr

“ONE TREE HILL” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
“Your Cheatin' Heart”

BROOKE QUESTIONS ALEX’S MOTIVES — Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) is thrust into the spotlight and storm of Nathan’s (James Lafferty) growing scandal. Against her better judgement, Brooke (Sophia Bush) allows Julian (Austin Nichols) to continue working with Alex (Jana Kramer “Entourage”). Millicent (Lisa Goldstein) gets a new job, which may cause trouble for Mouth (Lee Norris). Meanwhile, Clay (Robert Buckley) and Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) grow closer. Paul Johansson also stars. Peter B. Kowalski directed the episode written by Mike Herro and David Strauss(#705).

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

I hate being the first person to review! LOL. I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but so far it's good.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Me too. LOL. I just finished watching though!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

And.....?
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Master Fan

Angry!Nathan is hotttttttttttttt.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

And NH had a good amount of scenes too. The ending was sad though. :/
Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

I may be in the minority, but I didn't like how she called the number after saying at the press conference that she believed in Nathan 100%. I think she is letting this stupid whore play her, now with the slap incident and the jail visit.

But I loved the rest of the episode. I loved Nathan's reaction when the police showed up to take Haley away, and he said something along the lines "You're not taking my wife anywhere." <3 And then also once they stepped outside of the station, he put his arm around her to protect her from the media. I thought that was love as well. And then after Hales got back, I thought the first scene was realistic with her wanting to ask those questions. Not that she didn't believe him there, at least I didn't get that impression, just that she wanted to know more about the situation, etc. since we didn't get to see the scene with him telling her. =/ Like I said my only problem was afterward when she looked at the phone records after saying she believed him 100%. Although it's unfortunate that it was on there, I think it's just one of Renee's little tricks or something misleading. I really felt for Nathan in that instant though just because I think he felt like he had absolutely no one as Clay was off doing whatever with Quinn and then Haley was starting to question him. That was sad though how Jamie heard it.

Although, it brought that cute HJ scene to our screens, so I was thankful for that. I loved hearing Haley describe how 'special' NH's love it because it's always been the reason I've shipped them hardcore. And then with Jamie wanting to throw away his police car because they were mean to his mommy? Loved that and then how she explained it to him.

I like that Nathan and Clay are having some conflict now too because it should spice things up a bit. I don't like that Clay is directly lying to Nathan though, and I don't really like how Clay is putting himself in the middle of this situation with David/Quinn.

I love David's interactions with all of NHJ. That scene at the bar with David and Nathan was awesome, and I didn't know that scene was coming. It was just nice seeing Nathan trying to help someone else with their marriage, and at the same time reassuring himself about his own marriage.

And omfg, who wanted to die inside when Rachel said that thing about Dan being soft on the inside and hard on the outside? Yuck!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I may be in the minority, but I didn't like how she called the number after saying at the press conference that she believed in Nathan 100%. I think she is letting this stupid whore play her, now with the slap incident and the jail visit.
After hearing all of those crazy horrible stories at the jail and with 'ho-me wrecker' also visiting Haley there, I really understood why she would begin to have some doubts. My god, she would have to be inhuman to not have some doubts after hearing those horrible things....at least a bit.

But anyway, I'm beyond happy that despite her personal doubts that she stood by Nathan's side at the press conference.

Ghaa, I have a lot to say but I'll come back later with a better review.

~♥~♥~♥~♥~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~♥~♥~♥~
N A T H A N H A L E Y
~♥~♥~♥~♥~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~♥~♥~♥~
True-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

I get that she was having to hear all these women bitch about men, and then having Renee visit, but I don't get why she didn't bring up the phone thing to Nathan when they were arguing about it. And like I said the fact that she was having insecurities didn't bother me, it was the fact that she called the number after saying that she believed him 100% at the press conference.

I forgot to comment on this too. I loved that scene where Clay and Quinn came back and Quinn was like 'we shut off our phones.' And then Nathan saying, gah I forgot what it was but something like 'oh we did, did we?' I thought James' delivery of that line was great.

Last edited by Naleylicious; 10-13-2009 at 08:39 AM
Naleylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed Nathan/Haley's scenes a lot. It was great getting some scenes of them, talking, dealing with things together, even hugging and kissing. I missed that, and was glad to finally see it on screen.

I understand both Haley doubting or having a "what if" moment, it is expected and when you got people manipulating you and you're in a tough position like that. I also understand Nathan getting upset, or just disappionted, yet later he was totally understandable, because Haley is his biggest supporter and fan, and he didn't want to see her ever doubting him.

Protective!Nathan is hot, and pretty awesome. He was on fire when his girl was arrested, and he had to watch it. I like how focused, consistent and protective he was in the episode, also his insistance on the fact that this chick is lying.

The tension between Nathan/Clay was good. Don't get me wrong, I love their friendship, but it's realistic to have such moments, and James/Ropb play it so well.
I also liked the BILs bonding, and discussing the James' girls.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

How could I forget to write my review!

Ummm... I liked the NH scenes and growing Clay/Quinn scenes! YAY! All in all it was pretty good

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

i didn't like the episode

my favourite storyline is the clay/quinn one

don't you think robert looks like scott speedman?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

I loved this episode
It was probably my favorite so far! Finally some good NH scenes

Quote:
Court, i agree with you. It was sad she called her.
But, i don't really blame Haley for doing it, after everything she heard, i think i would feel/do the same. =/

I loved the first NH scene.
"There are worse things than hitting a pregnant woman"
"Like what?"
"Just give a second. Good slap though." LOL, so cute.

The police coming to arreste Haley was sad too, but angry!Nathan seriously made up for that. So hot!
And then he trew that sarcastic comment "You guys are really heroes, aren't you?". OWNED
I love when he gets sarcastic.

The NH discussion was also great. Again, Nathan's comment in the end "I'm going out, don't worry, i'll try not to knock up any woman". Lol, maybe the timing wasn't the best, but i was
Jamie listening to it made it look very real.

Loved the David/Nathan scene. The actor who plays David is really good, i feel like Nathan, Haley and Jamie have knowing him since ever.

There's just two things i didn't like as much about the episode, and they are both related to Clay/Nathan scenes.
First, i think maybe Nathan shouldn't have asked Clay to stay away from Quinn. Even though i understood why he did it.
And i def didn't like that Clay lied to him so easily after saying he would stay away from her.

Oh and..

Quote:
And omfg, who wanted to die inside when Rachel said that thing about Dan being soft on the inside and hard on the outside? Yuck!
I was like "EWWWWWWWW!"
C'mon! xD
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

i really enjoyed the episode.
finally some NH scenes, i liked how they could still joke around in the middle of everything thats happening.
james was great in this episode IMO.
SarMil23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread