Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Well honestly to me it did feel like spamming. I don't think we need to resort to advertising the board on other boards, no one likes to be forced into doing things and that's not the way to sustain traffic over a long period of time on a board. Personally I think the James board is developing at a great pace, and there is plenty of time for people to get situated here and make the board their stomping grounds. Regular posters is what's going to keep this board active and thriving for a long time, and I don't think spamming other boards is the way to build our community. Engagin in intelligent conversation and keeping the atmosphere warm and inviting is what's going to draw people in and want to stick around.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

I closed the thread because after the board was created, someone posted a link to the board in the James thread, and it's linked under Related Discussion. There was also an announcement posted by an admin/management team member when all the new boards were created.

Also, I don't remember there being a thread after the Chad board was created. I may be wrong, but I did check through all nine pages of the board and did a search, and I found nothing. The only thing I remember was a link posted in the CMM appreciation thread. So I don't feel I was being unfair in closing the thread.

I lurk on this board too, and I agree with Linda. The board seems to have a good community forming, and there certainly isn't a lack of activity. The board will continue to grow, I'm sure, as long as people keep returning and remaining active.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Uh, we didn't mean anything by it theres no need to go crazy over it. Its not like I'm all upset that you closed it, I haven't even thought about it since I made the post above. And I don't think it was spaming I mean it was for a cast member its not like we posted gilmore girls threads or something.The thread is doing well, but alot of people are oblvious so to say, I mean just like the request boards and other things that go on in the forum. Not many people even look at the first pages of threads all the time so you don't always see what new.You closed, its done with, no big deal.
Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread