Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion 7.03: "Hold My Hand As I’m Lowered."

7.03 "Hold My Hand As I’m Lowered."

Airdate: September 28, 2009 @ 8:00 P.M.

“ONE TREE HILL” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)
Hold My Hand As I’m Lowered

HALEY BEGINS TO QUESTION NATHAN’S LOYALTY — Clay (Robert Buckley) and Nathan (James Lafferty) disagree on how to handle an ever-worsening scandal, and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) begins to wonder if Renee’s (Kate French “Gossip Girl”) accusations have merit. Quinn (Shantel VanSanten) and Brooke (Sophia Bush) organize a photo shoot, and Mouth (Lee Norris) ups the stakes in his battle with Skills (Antwon Tanner). Meanwhile, Alex (Jana Kramer “90210”) makes Julian (Austin Nichols) an interesting proposition. Paul Johansson, Jackson Brundage and Lisa Goldstein also star.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks. Can't wait.

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for getting this started for us, Sal!

~♥~♥~♥~♥~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~♥~♥~♥~
N A T H A N H A L E Y
~♥~♥~♥~♥~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~♥~♥~♥~
True-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually enjoyed the episode. Not a lot of NJ but I liked the NH and N/Clay communication. I loved the Haley/Clay scene as well. I am glad they are dealing with this situation better. <3

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

It was really hard to pay attention to the dialogue in this episode. James just looked drool-worthy in that buttoned up shirt. It really brought out his eyes, hee. Oh, and the magazine back cover made me LOL, but I couldn't help but wish I had a copy.

I'm going to reiterate what I said last time. A+ for the continuing outdoor scenes. The tussled hair look Nathan had during the RC scene was hot.

I really felt for Nathan. He was so conflicted in trying to figure out what to do, and looked so lost.

We didn't get as much NH scenes as I expected, but I still adore what we got. I have a feeling we'll get more scenes with them next episode. It just seemed like both N and H needed to sort out their feelings and emotions, especially Haley. I'm glad, for once, we get to hear her side of the story and see her interacting with other people about it. Even though the last scene was kind of overdramatic with the fading effect, I still enjoyed it for some reason. James and Joy always bring it when it comes to angsty stuff, and play off each other really well.

I'm loving Clay more and more each episode. I just think he fits perfectly with the Scott dynamic, and I can see that he genuinely loves this family. I couldn't help but cheer for him when he told that skank off.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Didn't love this episode, but I did love that Nathan was insistent he did nothing other than taking the photo. Telling Haley he takes photos with fans all the time, and this shouldn't have been any different.

The party was thrown in Nathan's honour, so it's not like he shouldn't have been there. As long as he knew what he was doing, he had no reason to think there would be a problem. It's not as if it can be said he put himself in that position, unless you say the same every time a celebrity poses for a similar picture. If some nutjob wants to make accusations, they'll find a way to do it no matter what the reality was.

The first scene between NH showed Nathan leaning forwards towards Haley, looking her directly in the eye as he told her it's all a lie. He leaned in as close as he dared. The second, he was like a nervous little boy feeling Haley out, cautious and not wanting to do anything else to upset her. And in their final two scenes together, bother were in defensive mode, trying to keep their emotions in check. Haley with her hands on her hips, Nathan with his arms crossed. The body language, and the subtle changes in expression, showed how broken they both were. The look Nathan gave Haley as he walked over to Jamie.

Nathan is a victim here. 100% victim.
T2AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Nathan is a victim here. 100% victim.
ITA!!! Thankyou
Old 09-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Another episode that you can't help but want to hug Nate. Especially in this episode, more than the one before, I can see the conflicted, broken Nathan, torn between what is the right thing to do, while his family is on the line, his dream is on the line. His scenes with Haley shows you how he is so upset that he is causing her that much pain, while he really didn't do anything :/

His face when he went to tell Jamie slays me.

Oh Nathan/Haley, how you slay me with your expressions, vulnerability & devotion to one another. I wanted to give them big gaint hugs. I'm glad Haley isn't doubting Nathan, but I felt a lot for her in the first scene when she was looking at the pictures. She has every right to feel hurt, broken and maybe for a second doubtful, but I'm glad we haven't seen the latter in the episode.

I love how Nathan is insisting that the child isn't his. The fact that not even for a second he is doubtful makes me reliefed. At least we are dealing with a homewrecker who wants money, not one who actually slept with Nate.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like the episode, the storylines were really boring. I can't stand Alex and the whole nathan story is not very interesting since we all know he didn't do it
Old 09-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

I have never been too keen on Mouth, but I really loved that Mouth/Nathan scene at the rivercourt. Just that you have this NBA star and sports reporter amidst this big drama, and the friendship they developed in high school and after is still more important to Mouth than hitting the big story first. I think if Mouth always had scenes like this, in more of a supportive role, I could grow to like his character more. I thought that was a nice scene too because Haley talked to a few people about the situation, and it gave Nathan someone, other than Clay, to talk about it with.

I'm disappointed that we didn't get more NH scenes. They seemed to be walking on eggshells the whole episode, which made sense since this entire episode took place in a day and the situation was still new to them. But I wish we still would have gotten to see the scene where Nathan actually tells Haley what happened. I noticed they didn't show us this scene or the scene where Nathan tells Jamie. I would have liked to have seen at least one or the other. Yeah, it be an awkward conversation to have with your wife or kid, but I just wish we would have been able to have seen it.

I know I'm probs in the minority, but I enjoy when Alex is on. Not that I actually like the character I don't think, because she is quite the biotch, but she provides some good entertainment and gives me some good LOLs. Part of it too I think is the way she talks, reminds me of two of my very good friends just with her stuff like "PS" or "BTW." IDK, I am wondering though if thye are going to keep her character like it is, or have her mature a little bit.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naleylicious (View Post)

I'm disappointed that we didn't get more NH scenes. They seemed to be walking on eggshells the whole episode, which made sense since this entire episode took place in a day and the situation was still new to them. But I wish we still would have gotten to see the scene where Nathan actually tells Haley what happened. I noticed they didn't show us this scene or the scene where Nathan tells Jamie. I would have liked to have seen at least one or the other. Yeah, it be an awkward conversation to have with your wife or kid, but I just wish we would have been able to have seen it.
I totally agree with you here Courtney.
I understand that they were dealing with the problems, but i still got a bit disapointed.
Also, in the end when we see Nathan go talking with Jamie, i really thought Haley was going with him too. I don't know, the look he gave her was so sad and so broken, i just wanted to hug him. And i was expecting one of those classic NH moments, where they give their hands to each other and go together.
Guess it didn't happen.

I liked the episode, though.
But it's my least favorite of season 7, so far.

Oh, and i also love Alex.
She's hilarious.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

I thought they were gonna go together too, after he turned around. But now thinking about it again, I'm kind of glad she didn't join him because like you said that would be a typical NH moment. And I think this way it was a little more real, just because right now they were both super frustrated.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

^ Aww, yea. I guess you're right. =/

I was a bit sad for not seeing it, though.

Last edited by sweet creature; 09-30-2009 at 01:53 PM
sweet creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

I was initially too. Mainly just because of that look on Nathan's face. =/
Old 09-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Yea, that look killed me