Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

#613 "Things A Mama Don't Know" Episode Discussion

Episode 6.13 "Things A Mama Don't Know"
Airdate: January 5, 2008

SHOCKING NEWS ROCKS TREE HILL — Peyton (Hilarie Burton) receives some startling news that she must share with Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) who, while still in LA, discovers that Julian (guest star Austin Nichols) has been keeping another secret regarding the movie. Nathan (James Lafferty) struggles in a new professional environment, and Brooke’s (Sophia Bush) search for runaway Sam (guest star Ashley Rickards) forces her to confront her own feelings about the night of her attack. Bethany Joy Galeotti, Lee Norris, Antwon Tanner also star. Michael J. Leone directed the episode written by Karin Gist.

My thoughts during watching:
Aw, their hug was adorable, NH were so excited about Nathan getting the position, They were love.
OMG. And how tight were his jeans when he burst into the gym? dslakjgldskjafd. Hotness. And he taped Jamie and Haley's pic and Q's. So cute.
He asked for #12. Jamie's number! Cuteness. Their phone call was so cute but short. I wish we got more of NHJ though.

ETA: OMG. I believe in the preview I saw Nathan dancing.. with Chace.

“When we get home, I am going to fill that freezer with rocky road.."
"And mint hocolate chip."
- Raffaella -

Last edited by jump the sun; 01-05-2009 at 07:59 PM
jump the sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely could've used more NHJ

I thought that was Nathan dancing in the promo

icon: tumblr |B
YoursToHold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I forgot that there is a new episode this week

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Total Fan

I loved the episode!!! I was so cute
Old 01-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched NHJ clips, I will write down my thoughts shortly.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 01-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to hear what everyone thought.

- Raffaella -
Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Nathan: Loved the basketball practice and how it didn't come easy at first. I like how they are realistically portraying that aspect of trying to make a "comeback." It's definitely not easy, and challenges are presented every step of the way. So I think they have done a great job of providing these difficulties for Nate and not just suddenly making him as good as he was before. Also loved that he posted those pictures in his locker, just like Hales has one of NJ on her piano. Just love how that sort of showed he gets his inspiration from HJ and also Q. I really loved to see cocky Nathan at the end too, I am excited what will happen next now that he has challenged #23.

NHJ: Loved that beginning scene with NH where she leaped onto him. And the kiss was hot too. Wish we would have seen more when they fell to the bed but! I think they definitely did a celebration that night. That last scene was cute too when Nate called Haley/Jamie. Good to see the communication is still going strong although they are apart right now.

LP: Not really a fan of them, but they had some cute stuff tonight. I have a feeling though that their storyline might make me bitter of what we didn't get for NH during their pregnancy storyline. LOL.

Brooke/Sam/Psycho/Jack: I actually really did end up enjoying this part of the episode at the end. It just kind of gave me the chills, and I liked it way better than the Psycho Derek run in Season 4 but that's just me. *shrug* I am really loving Brooke/Sam's relationship.

Mouth/Millie: I never actually really cared about them, and still really don't, but I just wanted to say that I thought Lee did a really good job with this scene and Lisa too. I am not usually phased by them at all, but both actors did really well in their breakup scene or whatever that was.

Next week: Looks interesting. LOL. I am excited more for it than I was this week's episode. Can't wait to see our Nathan get a chance to dance again! And Hales looks smokin' in that red dress.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

This episode was hilarious (the brooke part), they are giving more minutes to the recurring cast (owen, mia, etc.)

It was OK, I hope next week's episode will be better
Old 01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought this episode was okay. Not enough NHJ, but I think we're used to that by now The scenes we did get were good tho I am loving Brooke/Sam relationship! They are just amazing to watch
Old 01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

NHJ scenes were so cute but not enough. I'm glad they are taking a realistic route with Nathan's comeback but am I the only one feeling that some dialogue, scenes and patterns are repetitive ever since S5, maybe? Also Haley didn't have except 3 scenes. That annoyed me a lot. Nothing new but really frustrating.
And Jamie/Andre going alone to the graveyard is kinda crazy.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 01-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you girls, the lack of NHJ didn't surprise me and I hated the fact that there was nothing going on with Haley's storyline. :/ But I am looking forward to next weeks episode and I hope Haley helps Peyton with the pregnancy. Maybe some NL? Luke needs to tell Nathan.

- Raffaella -
Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Master Fan

haley hasn't had a real storyline in a long time.

In my opinion they should try and write better storylines for the main characters rather than focusing on the recurring ones

I agree sally, the jamie part made no sense

Last edited by * Sonia *; 01-08-2009 at 03:50 AM
* Sonia * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
am I the only one feeling that some dialogue, scenes and patterns are repetitive ever since S5, maybe?
During this episode I didn't really think so, but during the last few episodes I definitely have. Especially during that episode where Q made an appearance, I mean I love Nathan and Q's relationship, but I felt a lot of the dialogue was repetitive.

Quote:
In my opinion they should try and write better storylines for the main characters rather than focusing on the recurring ones
Agreed. It's just sooo bad when they have two random characters having their own storyline, without any of the main characters involved. I mean yes, you need new characters for supporting storylines with the main cast, but when they start to get their own storylines, like they have for the past three seasons, you begin to wonder.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want them to make good use of NH and the potential storylines they can offer them. I want something new. Haley helping out Mia and Nathan stuggling with his comeback has been happening since S5, as far as I remember, since my memory of S5 is a bit blurry.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, I feel like I am seeing the same storylines repeat themselves.

- Raffaella -
Reply   Post New Thread