Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Love makes everyone crazy
Old 09-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

especially if your not getting any
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 09-21-2005, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

New (UK magazine) Interview with Dominic.
Apologies for typo's; I dont have a scanner so typed it out.

Lost star Dominic Monaghan opens up about his "unique" relationship with co-star Evangeline Lilly, and his deep depression after filming The Lord Of The Rings
Dominic Monaghan's watching the waves on the kind of beach you only see in swanky holiday brochures. He has just finished filming a scene for Lost and what he'd really like to do is go surfing. But at the sound of a fello English accent, the 28 year old is talking ten to the dozen about Manchester United, Mike "The Streets" Skinner and why John Lennon had all the answers.

On one shoulder he has the Fellowship tattoo he had at the same time as all the members of The Lord Of The Rings cast and, on the other, "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed", a line from the Beatles song Strawberry Fields Forever. It's safe to say there's something intense and introspective about Dominic.

He was plucked from British TV to international stardom as the Hobbit Merry in The Lord Of The Rings and spent four years in a whirlwind of filming and publicity. Then it all stopped, and he was just another out of work actor in Los Angeles.

It took a year of drink of self-pity to shake off the depression. Then came the role of rock star Charlie Pace in one of the hottest TV shows of the year, and a new girl - his co-star Evangeline Lilly, 26, who plays bad girl Kate Austen. Evie's marriage to odd job man Murray Hone, fell apart when she moved to Hawaii to film Lost, and now she's dating Dominic. They're rumoured to be planning a wedding, although as new! finds out, they're still sheepish about admitting they're an item.

Tell us about Evangeline Lilly...
Evie and I hung out for the entire pilot, because Charlie and Kate are kind of together, and we became very close. We kind of understand where each other's going, and we're good friends. She's a beautiful girl. And then everyone's asking if we're dating. If you were to see the way Matthew Fox and I embrace each other on a daily basis you'd probably think that we were dating!

But are you dating Evie?
I think our relationship is unique because we're a similar age, and we're kind of interested in the same things. But I'm never going to get photographed with her again.

Do you get more attention being a rock star than being a Hobbit?
Well, people have stopped seeing me as a 3ft-tall, curly-haired sweet-natured, Mogwai-type character. Now they see me as more of contemporary-type guy. But I don't go out that much.

Are you still in touch with your co-stars from The Lord Of The Rings?
I spent New Year and Christmas with Orlando and Elijah and Billy. We went surfing in Kauai. I'm in touch with Viggo often, and I just spoke to Andy Serkis (Gollum). Ian McKellen and I email each other often. We are all connected very strongly, and we're still invested in each other's lives. We're brothers; they'll all be at my Wedding.

Were you popular with Lord Of The Rings fans?
I remember walking through Leicester Square with Billy two days before The Return Of The King premiere and a couple of people said, "hey." Two days later, we turned up in limos and there were 25,000 people waiting. I said to Mum and Dad, "they're here for Orlando and Liv and Elijah." Then I realised they were yelling for me. It was surreal.

So what went wrong?
I was being asked to audition for teen horror films, fantasy-type things. I was trying to work out where I go from here, is this the best it's ever going to be? I had enough money to get food, but I was kind of scuppering myself because I didn't have a car or a phone. I wasn't taking care of myself. I was sleeping in the day and getting up at night. I wrote 50 journals in a year. I'd never been depressed, so I didn't understand it. I felt like I had a big weight on my chest.

What did you do?
I went to see my best mate in Manchester an he just didn't get it. He saw me with all these amazing things in my life and he said "what the hell is going on? Lets watch some Man United games, get pissed and have some fun." But I couldn't.
What got you out of it?
Billy was a big help. He was doing Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World in Mexico and said, "come on down!" So I took my surfboard and we chatted. He's an amazing guy. He reminded me of why I wanted to be an actor and I had days where I could see the magic. I think it will be a long time now before I could get back into that hole.

And then Lost came along...
At that time, Charlie was a 45-year-old rocker who had been spat out the other side - they were looking at someone like John Hannah. My pitch was: woudn't it be a more interesting character if he was someone who has barely scratched the surface of what he could be. I kind of based him on that band Dodgy who had that one hit Staying Out For The Summer and then just vanished. I had a lot of fustration and confusion about my career that I transplanted into Charlie.

Do you get homesick for the UK?
I moved a lot when I was a kid. My home was where my parents were. And now my home is wherever I see fit. I'm very quick to adapt. I have a chameleon in Hawaii, which I think is no coincidence.

What other pets do you have?
Two chameleons, cockroaches and a praying mantis.

Ew, that can't help when you bring girls home...
People express fear and disgust at the animals and then, as soon as they're in front of them, everybody's interested. There isn't one person I've brought back to my house who's said, "I don't want to see them."
Old 09-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

wow thanks...what date is that issue of NEW? I might buy it

Quote:
He's an amazing guy. He reminded me of why I wanted to be an actor and I had days where I could see the magic.
awww feel the love people

Quote:
There isn't one person I've brought back to my house who's said, "I don't want to see them."
haha if he took me home, I'd look at anything

erm...Theres an artical about Lost in this weeks TV ans Satlite magazine, and in this weeks Heat there is an article about Foxy but it has a half page pic of Foxy kissing Dom...awww
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 09-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Its this week's New, out now and yeah I have Heat too, that pic of them is cute . Im so tempted to go into newsagents and just go "dont mind me im trying to find any Lost related articles then I'll buy the mags" .
Old 09-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Very nice article Louise! Thanks for posting it.

OMG! Foxy kissing Dom... must see scan!

SATC
Old 09-23-2005, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
Very nice article Louise! Thanks for posting it.

OMG! Foxy kissing Dom... must see scan!
Well lost-media have the pic up from the event it happened at

http://www.lost-media.com/modules.ph...um=336&pos=105
Old 09-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh2005
Its this week's New, out now and yeah I have Heat too, that pic of them is cute . Im so tempted to go into newsagents and just go "dont mind me im trying to find any Lost related articles then I'll buy the mags" .
i bought it, its a nice layout, with a new pic!! its cool, usually they print really old pictures
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 09-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh2005
Are you still in touch with your co-stars from The Lord Of The Rings?
I spent New Year and Christmas with Orlando and Elijah and Billy. We went surfing in Kauai. I'm in touch with Viggo often, and I just spoke to Andy Serkis (Gollum). Ian McKellen and I email each other often. We are all connected very strongly, and we're still invested in each other's lives. We're brothers; they'll all be at my Wedding.
It makes me so happy to hear that. THanks for posting this...I really love reading Dom interviews.

On an unrelated note, Maggie Grace looks totally gorgeous in this picture:
Old 09-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

She is lovely! she is totally growing on me, hehe
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 09-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Maggie is lovely and she's also very tall.

I like reading interviews with Dom too, he's always so funny!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

So, Dom was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight. It was really awesome because I missed the first part of the show where they say who the guests are going to be, so it was a totally surprise.

I Dom.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I knew he was gonna be on that show in America. I'm just wondering when they're gonna show it on CNBC Europe, 'cos I live in Belgium.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela12
So, Dom was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight. It was really awesome because I missed the first part of the show where they say who the guests are going to be, so it was a totally surprise.

I Dom.
anyone got any clips or text about what Dom said on the show?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Master Fan

I'm sure a video of it will surface on the 'net within the next few days...