Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Total Fan

Dominatrixes #8 - Leather wrist cuffs aren't exactly subtle

WARNING! The following thread may cause heart attack, loss of speech, perspiration, extreme giddyness, uncontrollable laughter, a mind gone into the gutter. Procede with caution!

The appreciation thread for the 29 year-old German born/English raised actor who is best known for playing Merry in the Lord of the Rings trilogy

Domipop ad by the wonderful Undeclared

And the package shot:

Birthday: 8 December 1976

Birthplace: Berlin, Germany

Monaghan is best known for the British television drama "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates" (1996). He was studying English Literature, Drama and Geography at Sixth Form College when he was offered the co-starring role in the series, which ran for four seasons. His other television credits include "This Is Personal: The Hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper" (2000) (mini) and a leading role in Monsignor Renard (1999), a series starring John Thaw.

On the stage, Monaghan has performed in the world premiere UK production of The Resurrectionists, Whale and Annie and Fanny from Bolton to Rome. Since watching Star Wars when he was six years old, Dominic has been consumed by films. His other obsessions include writing, music, fashion, playing/watching soccer and surfing. Utilizing his writing skills, he and LOTR co-star Billy Boyd are collaborating on a script.

Born and raised in Berlin, Monaghan and his family moved to England when he was twelve. In addition to speaking fluent German, he has a knack at impersonations and accents. He frequently returns to his hometown of Manchester, England to see his family and to be closer to the Manchester United Football Club.

Trivia
> During filming for 'LOTR' wore a fat suit made of foam & drank 3 liters of water a day so he would not dehydrate

> Kept a pair of the latex Hobbit feet used in LotR.

> Was given the Lord of the Rings book to him by his father when he was 15, who said: 'I'll give you six months to read it' - Dominic read it in two.

> Bought a forest in India in early 2003, to help protect the environment.

Quotes
"I won't miss having to stand for two hours at 4:30 a.m. and having freezing cold glue applied to my feet. I won't miss two-hour drives to work or long, long, long, days sitting in my trailer waiting... waiting... waiting. I won't miss glue in my ears. But I would do it all again tomorrow."

"For Merry, losing Pippin is like losing his strength, the other side of his personality." - On Merry and Pippin's strong friendship in LotR.

"I'd love to play a gangster but I think people might say I looked a bit too young and cheeky to play a character who'd just blown someone's head off!"

I use to want it more than anything when I started out, but the more I've worked, the less I want to be recognized. But I've always been a bit cocky and attention seeking, so deep down, I suppose I love the attention.

My initial reaction to being cast as Merry was one of silent wide smiling reflection for a couple of minutes, and then of a huge rush of adrenaline, and I have to confess a small amount of alcohol intake!!

"If I had only thirty minutes to cook. I would do roasted ratatouille with a chorizo tomato sauce, saffron rice, ciabatta bread cooked with garlic and olive oil and parsnips cooked in parmesan cheese. All done in maybe just over 30 minutes but hey we can wait for that."-Dominic Monaghan on what he would cook if he had 30 minutes

"Due to the scale issues in the Lord of the Rings I haven't ridden a horse as much as I would have liked. But I have tried to do as much riding as my schedule allows and love how it makes you feel when you are on a horse. Having an understanding, unspoken, with another animal is something else."-Dominic Monaghan on horseback riding

"I tend not to think about it until it comes to the day. It would appear to be a hard thing to do but you are surrounded by great crews who appreciate it's stressful. I just got in the shower, bang water comes on.... finish the scene and a towel would appear.... no probs."-Dominic Monaghan on appearing naked, in Hetty Wainthropp

"I like to have a tidy kitchen but I am not too bothered about my room or living room etc. My theory is that when it's untidy I feel comfortable, like it feels lived in, and its only gonna get untidy if you tidy it so wait, wait, wait!!"-Dominic Monaghan on tidiness

"Racism, sexism, homophobia, ignorance. I am irritated by all these things a lot. Also, having no beer in the fridge and losing a girls number that you really liked."-Dominic Monaghan on what irritates him the most.

On being on Hetty Wainthropp: "I don't think I've changed as a person because of getting this part, and I'm going to keep living at home for the forseeabe future. I'm still the same sort of person who, when he's in the pub, let's everyone know he's in the pub!"

I think deep down I always wanted to be an actor. It was the one thing in school that I was undoubtedly enthusiastic about and good at. I coasted along being good at German, Geography, English and Football but there wasn't anything that I could really call my thing, my niche.

Do we have big penises? Yes we do have big penises. - Dom on MTV (with Billy)

On Collectormania 4: "I could not believe the amount of people that turned up. Most were ... um ... yeah ... girls. Most went bright red, that was great. I love girls. There was this one girl whose voice got higher and higher and higher [imitates her] as she was speaking to me. I tried to calm her down but I think I was making it worse."

On whether the Hobbits are gay (I hope these comments by Dominic and Billy weren't taken out of context, but whatever the circumstances, they are pretty amusing): "Sure, why not? We did everything together. We even showered together." Billy: "Oh! Why did you have to go and tell them that? We did once, but I like to keep to try to keep it in the back of my mind." Dominic: "I think there's a nice kind of loving, close friendship that goes on, a kind of unconditional love between the hobbits. But I think it's their hobbity nature. I think they are all like that. They are very caring and free and open with their emotions. As a sweeping generalization, it is something that you can associate with gay people." Billy: "But I don't think they are gay, not totally gay, because they get married at the end. It's in the appendices of the book, and not the actual stories. Tolkien did say Merry was the gayest of all hobbits." Dominic: "Some people think I'm called Mary." Billy "But do you have a little lamb?"

"I just talk instead; that's my thing. My talent is for making people laugh. That's why so many of my friends are girls. I really enjoy their company. Actually, it's a bit disconcerting. The other day I did a test at the back of a book called Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps. I came out as being the most feminine man ever. Outrageous!"

"Went to the beach for the day and wrote as much as I could about this incredible experience and where my life seemed to be taking me, etc. I fell asleep, and when I woke up the papers were blowing down the beach and into the water. I sat up and watched until I couldn't see one piece of paper left. I drove home and felt happy."

"Anything physical I really like."

"I'm available for Bar Mitzvahs, weddings, and female parties."

"Viggo left a long message on my machine. He leaves these kind of stream-of-consciousness messages on your machine, like, "Yeah, this is Viggo, I'm eating chicken, I'm wearing blue trousers, the sun is shining..." I always save the messages."

"I kinda feel a little bit neglected you know. I've been here for a year. I don't get any calls for me. I don't get any of this young hot Hollywood, you know, stuff. I mean look at me, I mean come on! Are you kidding? This kid is on fire!"

"They're boxer shorts. Make sure you get that right. I don't want anyone thinking I wear anything else."

"Maybe we will get married in a couple of years! If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things." [Billy shouts, "I love women!"] "Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."

Thanks to IMDB and other Dom websites!

For some of the best in Dom-related entertainment visit Xan's site:
The BIG One! A Dominic Monaghan Website
Lost and blown away
Mr. Monaghan
No One I Think Is In My Tree
DOMINION

Dominatrix List
1. Pavlov's Belle.
2. Starless Night 20
3. Orli'sALF
4. Angela12
5. Insatiably Me
6. StrongPlacebo
7. Michelle
8. Lost in Oblivion
9. loveguyswithaccents
10. tijuana_lady
11. Miss Muffet
12. Living Dead Girl
13. one small hobbit lover
14. xanderslover
15. *GiRl WiTh No NaMe*
16. paintedxlie
17. Ren
18. PaOlo
19. LilleLene
20. Roswell Candy
21. btvs - formally cole's phoebe
22. JacquiJack
23. Celebrian Saralonde
24. frodobaggins07
25. bryangreenbergfan
26. Elle84

If you want to be a Dominatrix just let us know

l- The Dominic Keepers -l
- Keeper of his Ears
- Keeper of his Mouth
- Keeper of his Hips
- Keeper of his Chin
- Keeper of his Facial Hair
- Keeper of his Singing Qualities
- Keeper of his Cheeks
- Keeper of his Hair
- Keeper of his Toes
- Keeper of his Tattoos
frodobaggins07 - Keeper of his Smile
Lost in Oblivion - Keeper of his Humor
tijuana_lady - Keeper of his Eyes
Miss Muffet - Keeper of his Voice
loveguyswithaccents - Keeper of his Nose
Angela12 - Keeper of his Butt [SNA]
Starless Night 20 - Keeper of his Cheeky Smile
Angela12 - Keeper of his Package
Miss Muffet - Keeper of his Accents
Starless Night 20 - Keeper of his Heart
Orli'sALF - Keeper of his Bishswap (Bishop)
Michelle - Keeper of his Tongue
Starless Night 20 - Keeper of his Facial and Bodily Expressions
Xanderslove - Keeper of his Soul
LilleLene - Keeper of Dom's Relationship with Billy
StrongPlacebo - Keeper of his Hands
Pavlov's Belle - Keeper of his Eyeliner
Pavlov's Belle - Keeper of his Sharpie and What he Writes On his Hands
StrongPlacebo - Keeper of his wrist accessories
Roswell Candy - Keeper of his Fashion Sense
Michelle - Keeper of Charlie
loveguyswithaccents - Keeper of the tape that reads FATE
loveguyswithaccents - Keeper of Merry & his pipes
btvs - formally cole's phoebe - Keeper of Etienne Pierre Rollinger
btvs - formally cole's phoebe - Keeper of Geoffrey Shawcross
one small hobbit lover - Keeper of his arms
bryangreenbergfan - Keeper of Dom's hair and his Manchester United shirt
sacredheart125 - Keeper of Dom's singing ability

*Reasons Why We Love Dominic Monaghan*
1). Because if you get Dom, you get Billy!
2). Because he pokes badgers with spoons.
3). Because he's got the cutest nose.
4). Because he's the Merriest of the hobbits, but not like that!
5). Because whenever you need to be waxed, he'll be there for you.
6). Because he has a nice looking wet bum.
7). Because we like a man with nice moral views.
8). Because his spleen is downright criminal.
9). Because he makes eyeliner a requirement.
10). Because his butt deserves to be worshipped.
11). Because he cries for Pete.
12). Because he stands up for what he believes in.
13). Because he writes things on his hands, regardless of 'ink poisoning.'

Old thread

I was thinking of updating some of the pictures, what do you think? With the plethora we have been granted recently?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Hmm. I agree. We should update some of the pictures.
icon *
Old 07-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

Grrr... everytime I type a message and hit submit, I get server is too busy.

Anywho.. I'll try again. I agree to replacing the pics. Except for the one with the tongue out and the shirt open. I desperately love that one. *pets it*

SATC
Old 07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

MY SHIRT!!! BUT IN GREY!! THAT IM COINCIDENTALLY WEARING RIGHT NOW!! dont take off that one cause its our shirt

It's a jar of dirt.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Yes. And we have to leave the one of him tearing up at the Oscars.
icon *
Old 07-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Belle
Yes. And we have to leave the one of him tearing up at the Oscars.
I tried to post something to that effect, but my computer sucks and I guess it didn't go through.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Aww. Well, I posted it for you
icon *
Old 07-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

You know what they say about great minds.

SATC
Old 07-05-2005, 07:33 AM
Loyal Fan

i just saw livs face in the one with the Berlin sweater! about the 8th pic

It's a jar of dirt.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Total Fan

I think we should keep the Berlin Jacket, the tongue, the one in the blue shirt and the mouth open, but add some from the new bunch...from the upfronts, from Monte Carlo etc

And possibly one from the board header, just cause I love that hat with a passion
Old 07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

I can't believe Dom was in Berlin and I didn't know about it.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Loyal Fan

i love the hat too, hannah

It's a jar of dirt.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Total Fan

Reports from Berlin with pictures here, here, here and here

And there are videos of Dom and Evie here (Dom plays with his hair, it's adorable.

The videos are in English, click on the pictures.

I'll change the photos today, I have some spare time
Old 07-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

I love the new photos! He looks gorgeous in each and every one of them.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Ahh... very nice pics I really the black tie and sunglasses

SATC