Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Rachel News Thread #3

Last news:

Quote:
Originally posted by coleyoo
Hey guys, I haven't been over here much but here's my story of what happened...I'm just cutting and pasting here..btw I'm Nicole

Okay so I met Rachel yesterday. I'm still freaking out. She was pretty much the most genuinely nice and sweet person I've ever met. Hell she was nicer to me than most of my friends lol. I went to Filines in N. Attleboro, Ma and suffered through pouring rain, trains, buses and cabs to see her. But I eventually got there and turned out to be the 4th person in line. It was insane. Finally around 1, Rachel and all her people came down the escalator along with a newscrew, Kiss 108's DJ Matty, and Lea her old roommate. She was so tiny, and petite. She had to change her shoes so she was wearing bongo ones lol, it was adorable. Anyway she gets up onstage and is introduced and Matty does a little Q&A with her. He asks her how she got into acting, where she lives, when she knew she was famous, ect. No Adam questions. Disappointing I know. One cute moment was when Rach wanted a piece of gum and was like "Lea can I get a piece of gum" in front of the DJ who then proceeded to tell the whole crowd this. Rach kinda giggled and was a little embarressed, and like "okay why did you do that?" to him. So I kinda figured the girl was Lea...the roommate we all knew about.

So after the 3 people went up it was my turn. I went up to her and she asked me what my name was and started signing her picture. I was like your PSA for Unbroken was amazing...b/c I figured EVERYONE was going to be like "omg your the best character on the show!" and she looked at me and said "oh my god you've seen it??" I was like yeah "you were so good in that, I almost cried." She was like "thank you so much, that's so cool that you saw it, I didn't think anyone's seen it." Then after that I was like can someone take a picture, and Lea came over and was like "sure I can!" lol. And as I was about to leave I go "Seth and Summer BETTER get back together"...the rest is kinda spoilerish though..

Rach was adorablely sweet and nice. I couldn't believe she was in front of me. It was so weird. Anyway after all my blabbing here are some pics. Please don't take them without saying something and uploading them yourself, thanks.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 09-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Nicole, they were great pics. You're so lucky.

And that's so cute how she didn't think anyone had seen Unbroke, she'll remember you now.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah she seemed genuinely taken aback that I knew what it was. She stopped signing her name and looked at me surprised. All she kept saying was "awww thank you so much, that's so sweet" she was adorable. I was only up there for like a minute or 2, but she didn't seem fake or put out by the press. She seemed like a regular person.

I was trying to figure out who Lea looked like, and now I finally figured out that she looks like Amy Smart. They have the same face. Kinda random, I know.

There was only like 1 camera guy and a few photographers there, but it seemed like Rach was a little overwhelmed by the attention, like she felt she didn't need all of it. So humble. And awesome. I don't think she liked the microphone either lol.

If you live in the Boston area, they're going to show the interview she did and shots from the meet and greet next Thursday after the special on Fox news.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG Nicole. Soooo jealous right now.

Hey good thing you mentioned Unbroken. I'm with Jack, she'll remember you now.

Rach is too cute.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by coleyoo
Yeah she seemed genuinely taken aback that I knew what it was. She stopped signing her name and looked at me surprised. All she kept saying was "awww thank you so much, that's so sweet" she was adorable. I was only up there for like a minute or 2, but she didn't seem fake or put out by the press. She seemed like a regular person.
I think that's so sweet that she was touched that you'd seen it. I bet it means a lot to her because she's probably just used to people only having seen her as Summer. Also because Unbroken is such a powerful piece of film I bet she's really proud of it. She should be

Kat | icon |
Old 09-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I hope so lol.

Maybe we'll get some news next Thursday from the interview she did before the meet and greet. I really need some new stuff, even though the special is also on Thursday. It's gonna be awesome.

We'll probably have a news drought until the last week of October. I'm sure Rach and the cast are booked for every talk show you could think of.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

I don't really know where this belongs, but I just scanned some Adam stuff and I came across this and thought this would be perfect for the Rach fans
to see a bigger version klik here
Now I know I'm not afraid
I know exactly what you'll say
But I'm sorry it's too late
Old 09-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

That's good as, thanks for posting

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 09-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I just love Rachel's sense of style.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, thatnks for posting! That's gorgeous. Her fashion is just... wowza. Beautiful. It's so different and unique, but she doesn't end up looking like a freak. She pulls it off.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting that! Great article...I love Rach's clothes and I'm really happy to see that she's getting some attention for her style

Kat | icon |
Old 09-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Is it just or her shirt at the Garden State Premiere is kinda see through?
Old 09-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm. It kinda is. But Rach gets away with it.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Extreme Fan

No, Jacqui i never meant it as a bad thing, i just wanted to clear that up, i did now, so thanks, and i agree, Rach does get away with anything, i mean, i'ven seen her wear a lot of clothes that on someone else i would find it horrible, but she pulls them off very gracefully.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Vote smart
Don’t let celebrities be your guide

BY RACHEL OTWELL

This summer, teens may have tuned into the Democratic National Convention just to get a look at the star-studded audience. Among the stars in attendance were Ben Affleck, Patti LaBelle, Little Richard and Natalie Portman.

Lately, celebrities have become more involved in the political scene. With this year’s close presidential race, older teens’ votes could count more than ever. And what celebrities are saying about the candidates could play a large role in how young people vote on Nov. 2.

But in a world where trendy magazines and MTV are often teens’ main sources of information, they need to be aware that the world of politics encompasses a variety of issues. Teens should dig deeper into the plethora of information on candidates, instead of picking which contender they support based on what their favorite celebrities have to say.

Many famous faces openly endorse a specific candidate. Actors such as Whoopi Goldberg and Chevy Chase support Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry, while other celebrities, such as actor Bruce Willis and pop singer Jessica Simpson, stand behind President Bush.

Before Kerry became the front-runner for the Democrats, celebrities were weighing in on who they thought to be the best nominee. Madonna endorsed Gen. Wesley Clark.

“I think he has a good handle on foreign policy. I think he’s good with people, and I think he has a heart and a consciousness,” Madonna said in a Dec. 16 article on cnn.com.

Madonna may have had hit albums, but I don’t trust her judgment on who the next president should be.

When it comes to political judgment, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to place it in the hands of any lone celebrity. Just because Ashton Kutcher is your dream guy and happens to endorse Kerry doesn’t mean you should vote for Kerry yourself.

According to www.youthvote.org, just 42 percent of citizens age 18-24 voted in the 2000 election. Young voters need to realize how important

their votes are, and they need to keep up with the candidates and issues so they can make an informed decision.

Some actors, such as Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson of “The OC” on Fox, do not stand behind one candidate. Instead, they campaign to get teenagers to vote as part of the Ad Council’s campaign to promote voting. This way, they are showing teens the importance of voting without passing their own personal judgment.

Instead of being swayed by the opinions of media moguls, teens should learn the issues and make their own endorsements. Some Web sites, such as www.declareyourself.com, can help teens register to vote and offer information to help make an informed decision in November.

Rachel Otwell is a junior at Rochester High School.

source
Closed Thread   Post New Thread