Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

The Last Kiss Appreciation: "Because its her new movie role"

I know we don't have much on it yet but we will eventually

Quote:
The Last Kiss is a remake of L'Ultimo Bacio which means the last kiss in Italian.
From ComingSoon.Net:
Quote:
Jacinda Barrett (Ladder 49, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason) will star opposite Zach Braff (Garden State) in The Last Kiss replacing Rachel McAdams, who bowed out for scheduling reasons, says The Hollywood Reporter.

A remake of the 2001 Italian film L'Ultimo bacio, the film revolves around a group of 30-year-olds who are struggling to adapt to adulthood.
From KillerMovies.com:
Quote:
'The Last Kiss' To Get English Remake
[Friday, November 8th, 2002]
Italian box office smash "The Last Kiss," a drama revolving around a group of thirtysomethings, is being remade for English-language audiences, reports Variety.

Lakeshore Entertainment has acquired U.S. remake rights to the film, and plans to start shooting it by next September.

The original "Kiss" centers on a group of emotionally volatile 30-year-olds struggling to adapt to adulthood, responsibility and commitment, and on their fiftysomething parents, reluctantly accepting middle age.

Joint winner of the audience award at Sundance in January, the drama became the most surprising sleeper of 2001 in Italy, notching up 3.1 million admissions and grossing $16.5 million.

The original was written and directed by Gabriele Muccino, which will not have an active role in the remake.

No writer or director are attached.
A small basic description:
Quote:
Giulia and Carlo have been happy together for three years, but Giulia's announcement that she is pregnant sends her into ecstasies of stroller-shopping and him into a secret panic. Terrified at his imminent entry into the adult world of irreversible responsibilities and dismayed by his best friend's horror stories of midnight baby bottles, shrill arguments and no more sex, Carlo finds himself tempted by a bewitching 18-year-old girl he meets by chance. Meanwhile, Giulia's mother Anna, bored after 29 years in a solid, stodgy marriage, is shocked by the realization that she will soon be a grandmother and finds herself chasing what she perceives to be her vanishing youth and retreating chances for passion and sensuality.
People are saying Rach could be the 18 year old

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
Old 03-31-2005, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this, Jess! I can't wait to find out more about it, hopefully Rach will be the 18-year-old, that would mean she has a big role.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info.

I'm so happy that Rachel is going to be in a movie
Old 03-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

I hope she plays the 18 year old as well. I'd like to see her in a big role and it'd be cool to see her star opposite Zach Braff.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

This actually sounds really good, but of course anything with Rach is great just so that we can stare at her .
Old 04-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Elite Fan

I hope she is the eighteen-year-old too. Although, like Aly said. Any excuse to see Rach in other roles is great. I'm just so excited we'll be seeing her on the big screen, no less oppostie Zach Braff!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

does that mean she'll be leaving the oc for a while
hmmmm, i smell a seth/summer breakup.......

i hope she plays the 18-year-old and that her moie does better than "mr and mrs smith"
Old 04-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Sounds pretty interesting. I hope she ends up playing the 18-year-old.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonchick
does that mean she'll be leaving the oc for a while
hmmmm, i smell a seth/summer breakup.......

i hope she plays the 18-year-old and that her moie does better than "mr and mrs smith"

I think she's filming during The O.C.'s hiatus, so she won't be missing any episodes.

I wonder when her role will be officially announced, I hope she plays the 18 year old too.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonchick
and that her moie does better than "mr and mrs smith"
Really? Why?

I don't think it would interfere too much with her OC schedule. Hopefully there will still be a lot of Summer while she is filming.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

I may be mistaken, but I think the actors' first and foremost obligation is to the OC. Adam apparently filmed Thank You for Smoking while filming for The OC was going on and it didn't cut back on Seth time. I think Mischa filmed a movie as well. I guess shooting episodes months before they air is really beneficial to the actors. The filming schedule isn't as tight as last year so they have more freedom to do other stuff.

I wonder where filming for this movie will take place. I'm kinda hoping Canada....

Old 04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Your wish is granted neko, it is being filmed in Canada. Zach Braff confirmed this on his site's blog when he mentioned he's getting ready to go up and start filming. Can't remember exactly where right now though.

"There is nothing as tragic as being alive and not enjoying life." J. Meyer
Old 04-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by turambar
Your wish is granted neko, it is being filmed in Canada. Zach Braff confirmed this on his site's blog when he mentioned he's getting ready to go up and start filming. Can't remember exactly where right now though.
The exactly location in Canada is Montreal as stated by Zach in his blog

Quote:
Getting ready to shoot "Last Kiss" in Montreal this spring. I hear that it's an amazing city and I'm looking forward to spending sometime outside of LA.
Source

It's likely that Rachel's filming this during her Hiatus from the OC so it won't interfere with Summer's screentime on the show.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the heads up, Amanda!
Old 04-02-2005, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

Aww..but Adam's movie is being filmed in Vancouver, I think. They'll be on opposite ends of Canada.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread