Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

This Is Us Episode Discussion ~ What Now?

This is Us
Episode Discussion Thread
Season 1 Episode 17
What Now?
Air Date: March 7, 2017

Description: The entire family gathers at Randall's for an unusual party; Kevin and Sophie's relationship deepens on the nights of his play's premiere; Kate struggles to open up to Toby about her father's death; and tensions are high between Jack and Rebecca

Last edited by ramgirl; 03-13-2017 at 06:47 PM
ramgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watched the episode and it made me cry... again! I mean seriously!

I knew that Randall's gonna quit when he said that he had something to do in the office. I kind of hope that now, he'll fulfill Jack's dream to have his own firm. Maybe the writers will go in that way with him.

Kate was emotions all the way... again! And I felt sad when he said that she feels guilty about her dad. At least, she opened up herself to Toby.

I'm not sure how I feel of Randal forgiving Rebecca. She's still not proven good in my eyes. To me, she acted selfish all this time. Was she scared? Oh, yes! Like every normal person! But I don't think this proves her right.

I loooooooved how Jack dealt the situation in the bar with that blond person. Now, this is how a man has to act... unlike Muigel. Yes, I still don't like him!

Kevin... oh my! His opening to Sophie was all! I just hope that he stays on the right side with her this time.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I think people are a little hard on Rebecca. I think she's more of a realist than Jack and perhaps sometimes comes across more pessamistic. But in a relationship with kids involved, someone needs to be the grown-up. But i don't think she's really done anything wrong. She could have handled certain things better and so could Jack. I'm not sure how you prove someone is good? We all have good parts and bad parts and I think Rebecca, for the most part was a good wife and mother.
Coco_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Okay I always feel like these episodes are longer than hour so much happens.

Kevin ~ I really liked his scenes with Sophie, also the subtle ways they are reveling things about their past relationship, we know he cheated on her and for some reason she didn't want to see Kate again. The ending you know you have a massive hit on your hands when you can get Ron Howard to do a cameo.

Kate ~ I liked her reaction to everything, I think it seemed in place for her to get emotional or think of her dad at William's memorial. I loved the scene with her and Randall how he told she needed to open up.

Randall ~ That's my boy!! I loved how he reacted to everything, and everyone always talks about Jack and Rebecca but Randall and Beth are the real relationship goals!!

William ~ It was nice that showed how much he touched those around him and how embraced everyone who he came in contact with. I think he was similar to Jack and they would have gotten along.

Jack ~ I know they are making it seems like he's going to die while drinking and driving but I don't know it seems to obvious, and I would think that Kate would maybe blame Rebecca more since Jack had to go after Rebecca to fix things. Also we have seen the kids drinking to point where they are drunk or tipsy and I would think being at that age they would maybe have a different take on drinking. But then again its Rebecca so if it does happen that way I could see her not telling the kids we know she likes to keep secrets.

I don't I find it hard to side with Rebecca because Jack gave up so much too for the family and for her to leave and then get mad Jack because he's not to thrilled about it.

I agree it would be nice to see Randall create his own company, when he was little and went to Jack's work and was playing with the phone he made up a company name with Pearson in it would be nice to see him come full circle and start that company.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode and I wanna know Jack dies already.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry dp

Last edited by fox24; 03-09-2017 at 06:23 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=fox24;89448460]I admit I kind of had some mixed reactions cause I like how Randall liked his job it was original to how the corporate world but I am hoping he finds a corporate with more human co-worker or starts his own firm

Like the memorial it was fun and bittersweet. I loved Beth getting the post card
I think Rebecca is a good wife and mom but she has flaws

I think both Jack and rebecca acted badly in that fight. Rebecca should have said that she dated her band mate and Jack I felt overacted. I think they are both to blame

As for Randall forgiving rebecca I think it was about right. It took time and rebecca was afraid william was going to take him away. Open adoption was different in the 1980s
Old 03-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
]I admit I kind of had some mixed reactions cause I like how Randall liked his job it was original to how the corporate world but I am hoping he finds a corporate with more human co-worker or starts his own firm
True, I liked his statement about him wearing a tie because he wanted to, but I think sometimes you realize you give a lot of yourself to your company and they are not appreciating you or are looking for the next best thing/person. I have been in his place and its tough.

Quote:
As for Randall forgiving rebecca I think it was about right. It took time and rebecca was afraid william was going to take him away. Open adoption was different in the 1980s
That is true because i don't know if William ever gave up his parental rights, but I can see Randall being upset, its a big secret to keep.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, what can I say about this episode? It was such a moving tribute to William, and I loved Randall's dream about his two fathers, Jack and William, finally meeting in the next life and trading stories about him. But Kate really broke my heart as she broke down during the tribute, as it opened old wounds from Jack's death.

I was really glad that Jack turned that girl down and put her in her place. If there's any doubt that Jack is an awesome husband and father, that should put it to rest. He would never cheat on Rebecca. That being said, Kate's admission that it was her fault that Jack died is making me really nervous about next episode. Last we saw Jack, he was on the phone leaving a message for Kate before leaving the bar and driving off. I really don't wanna know what happens next.

Kudos to Randall for leaving his job and going on a journey of self-discovery. I just hope he can still afford that house that he and his family live in. Still don't like Miguel and still think it's horribly inappropriate for him to be married to Rebecca given his history with Jack and Rebecca and their family. Seriously, what was Rebecca thinking? Hasn't she read Hamlet?

Congrats to Kevin for knocking it out of the park with his debut as a stage actor! And I have to admit, he and Sophie are adorable. But then I've always thought Alexandra Breckenridge was hot ever since I saw her in American Horror Story.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand Alexia. It's just I have seen a lot of movies and TV shows of people being disallusioned with corporate world so it was original to see Randall like it. It's why I want Randall to still be in it at his own or better coworkers

I don't think Jack died the nigh I think it's a misdirect.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm also starting to think the same.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I totally understand Randall being burned out and feeling underappreciated at his job. That last nervous breakdown of his was pretty bad, and William's death was probably the last straw. I'd like to think that Randall seeing Kevin pursuing his dream of being a real stage actor instead of just a TV comedy star may have influenced him a bit as well.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree those things pushed him as well

Again I am hoping he starts a finance company or finds better co-worker rather than open a bar just because I have so many of those type stories. I am not against him quitting I just don't want it to be to much of a cliche
Old 03-11-2017, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I agree those things pushed him as well

Again I am hoping he starts a finance company or finds better co-worker rather than open a bar just because I have so many of those type stories. I am not against him quitting I just don't want it to be to much of a cliche
I agree I like the idea of him starting his own company maybe teaching business or something like that. I can see him getting into that, but I really do like the idea of him starting his own company since that is something that Jack wanted to do.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Teaching bussiness would also be good but yeah I prefer start his own company
Reply   Post New Thread