Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

This Is Us Episode Discussion ~ Kyle

This is Us
Episode Discussion Thread
Season 1 Episode 3
Kyle
Air Date: October 11, 2016

Episode Description: Rebecca makes a surprise visit to Randall's home where she encounters his biological father, William. Kevin anxiously decides to take the plunge and move to New York to pursue a Broadway job, with the expectation that his sister, Kate, will move with him. Toby is determined to get Kate out of Kevin's shadow. Jack and Rebecca take home their babies from the hospital and adjust to the new life of parenthood, while coping with the loss of their other child. Rebecca struggles to connect with their adopted child and searches for answers.

* Please note that spoiler tags are not needed in this thread, unless bring spoilers from future episodes, IF you have not seen this episode and do not wish to be spoiled, you may not want to continue on this thread

Articles Relating to the Episode

Sneak Peek Mandy Moore, Milo Ventimiglia Are 'Scared' New Parents: 'This Is Us' Video

Recap https://view.yahoo.com/show/access-h...is-us-everyone

NBC's Aftershow

Last edited by ramgirl; 10-17-2016 at 05:49 PM
ramgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

A very strong episode yet again. I see it coming together and I now understand why Rebecca and Jack's storylines is going back and forth some what. I would have liked to have see more Jack.

I am liking Randall's storyline a lot, and Sterling does such a wonderful job with the character.

I also really like the little things, it seems like the kept Kate and Kevin in the same crib which I thought was cute to show that they have been together from the start.

What did everyone else think?
Old 10-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgirl (View Post)
A very strong episode yet again. I see it coming together and I now understand why Rebecca and Jack's storylines is going back and forth some what. I would have liked to have see more Jack.

I am liking Randall's storyline a lot, and Sterling does such a wonderful job with the character.

I also really like the little things, it seems like the kept Kate and Kevin in the same crib which I thought was cute to show that they have been together from the start.

What did everyone else think?
I just finished watching it. I loved it. I think this is already a very strong series and if it continues this way, I think everyone will think the same.

I too could have done with more Jack but this show has a knack of keeping you wanting more of everything. (Although, I always want more Milo! )
Coco_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, this is a good episode.

Is Mandy Moore also playing the old! Rebecca?

I would want to know what happened to Jack though and why Miguel is with Rebecca when they visited Randall.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Yeah, this is a good episode.

Is Mandy Moore also playing the old! Rebecca?

I would want to know what happened to Jack though and why Miguel is with Rebecca when they visited Randall.
Yes Mandy Moore is playing Rebecca in the present day storyline.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finally watched it! Daaaaaaamn! It was a really good episode! I liked how Randall got his name and how Rebecca finally accepted him. Now I wonder how long before Randall fins out that they knew each other before.

Also, I liked the twins connection, BUT I found that Kate's boyfriend... kind of annoying so far. I can't wait to see what's up for the next episode!
Old 10-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Randall story made me cry it was really sweet. I liked how kate was able to connect with him in the past

Miguel well I really don't know about him to have an opinion I am just curious to what happend to jack. I missed episode 2
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Randall story made me cry it was really sweet. I liked how kate was able to connect with him in the past

Miguel well I really don't know about him to have an opinion I am just curious to what happend to jack. I missed episode 2
Episode was probably my least favorite so far, so you didn't miss too much. I think we will find out what happened to Jack by the end of the season.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, because otherwise it wouldn't be so interesting I guess.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another theory that Jack might have passed is when Randall.tells his mom about William and she doesn't say did you call your dad. Again it's flimsy but usually a mom would ask about what the father of her child would about his biological coming. I am 50/50 on if he's alive or dead
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, hope stays the last I guess.
Reply   Post New Thread