Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, are you saying that Myspace is still around, Alison?

I personally wish all these sites would be taken down. I preferred the internet in the 1990s, before it got toxic. Fan Forum is more like the social media sites we had in the 1990s. FF was started in 1999 as a Roswell fan site. But chat sites were a lot nicer and less toxic than Twitter and Facbook, which are basically sites where people to go war with each other.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes it is
Old 06-11-2020, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I remember Myspace being the craze but I never got into the craze. Well facebook to me has been more pictures and not so much drama except for my friends love life but that's a different story lol.

Interesting I cant believe I have been on fan forum for almost 15 years. I wanted a place to maturely talk about Gilmore girls and the Wb boards at the time wasent it it was like does this actress look pregnant and rory should be with this guy cause he's cuter. I was on TV.com for awhile but to many unmoderated debates but then I stumbled upon Ff and the rest is history
Old 06-11-2020, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would've thought that Myspace would've been gone by now.

I agree, Maria. I like FF for the same reasons. I can't believe I've been here for a decade. I think a lot of other sites like TV without pity did get way out of hand. But I still prefer the old 90s chat-sites to what Twitter and Facebook are like now. I've heard from people who say that their lives improved greatly after leaving Twitter and Facebook. I only keep my Twitter account because there are a few people I can only contact there, but that's all.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I have heard that, that once they got off social media it helped them so much. I am trying to take a break, I’ve unfollowed some and not clicking on some stories.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a good idea, Alexia. If people would get rid of Twitter and Facebook and quit social media altogether, I'd tell them, “Welcome to the 80s!"
Old 06-12-2020, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did try to be off social media for lent for 40 days a couple years ago. I lasted like 20 days it was okay. I could have lasted all the way but my mom was briefly sick and I got distracted. This week I am just not listening to the news when I heard their going after Paw patrol because a dog is a police dog. I am just taking my mind off this craziness and hoping it dies down.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I did try to be off social media for lent for 40 days a couple years ago. I lasted like 20 days it was okay. I could have lasted all the way but my mom was briefly sick and I got distracted. This week I am just not listening to the news when I heard their going after Paw patrol because a dog is a police dog. I am just taking my mind off this craziness and hoping it dies down.
I heard about that too, Maria. That's just nuts. And this is why I criticize political correctness in all its forms, because it's reactionary thinking and not rational.

I also heard about that six block section of Seattle that was taken over by protestors. Seriously, this is ridiculous. This didn't happen during the Rodney King riots or the Michael Brown/Freddie Gray riots.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So to get away from the craziness. I thought of a fun question I saw the invisible man good as a individual movie not franchise
It has plot holes but its watchable now in this movie she had a bad boyfriend who stalked her and her friends and family didn't believe her.
My question after watching sci fi and fantasy would you believe a friend if they saw something supernatural for me it would depend on the friend
Old 06-13-2020, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

For me as well.
Old 06-14-2020, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
So to get away from the craziness. I thought of a fun question I saw the invisible man good as a individual movie not franchise
It has plot holes but its watchable now in this movie she had a bad boyfriend who stalked her and her friends and family didn't believe her.
My question after watching sci fi and fantasy would you believe a friend if they saw something supernatural for me it would depend on the friend
Yeah, it would depend on the friend. If Arinna told me I'd believe her.

I personally think the whole Invisible Man thing has been done to death.

To get away from the craziness I've been watching 80s movies to remind me of a time when I was a teenager and things were better. Predator, Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, Coming To America, Raiders of The Lost Ark, The Lost Boys, etc.
Old 06-14-2020, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Its sweet that you would believe her

Sound like you had fun
Old 06-15-2020, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, Alex! I'd believe you too.
Old 06-15-2020, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Arinna. You're welcome.

Thanks Maria.

Yeah, I guess I had fun back in the 80s when all those movies came out. I was just a teenager then, and it's nice to reminisce.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I’ve just been watching a lot of movies in general

gotta entertain myself being indoors
Closed Thread   Post New Thread