Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Thanks guys for understanding. I am feeling a lot better. I was just upset with some of the anchors and guests for saything like it's just buildings or they have insurance. Or my favorite they are doing it to express pain.
yup I’m feeling better too tonight

yeah like you don’t own the businesses? how tf do YOU know if they have insurance?

a lot of these businesses are already struggling too during this time

destruction of property/looting (it looks a lot worse in Seattle’s Chinatown though)
Old 06-05-2020, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks guys for understanding. I am feeling a lot better. I was just upset with some of the anchors and guests for saything like it's just buildings or they have insurance. Or my favorite they are doing it to express pain. Um no to all of that
Today they had the funeral and I saw posters doing it for the right reasons so I am still sad but more calm
You're welcome, Maria. I agree, I hate the way the media is covering this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
yup I’m feeling better too tonight

yeah like you don’t own the businesses? how tf do YOU know if they have insurance?

a lot of these businesses are already struggling too during this time

destruction of property/looting (it looks a lot worse in Seattle’s Chinatown though)
Exactly, Alison. These businesses were already hurting due to the pandemic and the shutdown. Now they have to deal with this, and who knows how long it's gonna take to crawl out of the damage caused by both the pandemic and the riots?
Old 06-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

What bugs me is that even Twitter became so violent because of it.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Twitter has always been violent, Arinna. This is why I hate that place. The only reason I still have my Twitter account is because there are some people I can only contact there. Otherwise I'd have closed it a long time ago.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I dont really like twitter. I look at it sometimes if I am following a tv show but I feel better not having a twitter. I especially dont like how some people take someone social media and try to cancel them from tweets they wrote years ago especially if one is a teen.Facebook and looking at instagram are the only forms of social media I use
I am also not a fan of let's get rid of police or positive cop shows. I don't even watch a lot of cop shows but police is a job that has people that are good and bad. The best solution is to try to fix the problems and hold those who are bad accountable not get rid of police and cop shows

Last edited by fox24; 06-07-2020 at 05:42 AM
Old 06-06-2020, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really have love-hate relationship with Twitter.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I know you do, Arinna.

Quote:
I dont really like twitter. I look at it sometimes if I am following a tv show but I feel better not having a twitter. I especially dont like how some people take someone social media and try to cancel them from tweets they wrote years ago especially if one is a teen.Facebook and looking at instagram are the only forms of social media I use
I am also not a fan of let's get rid of police or positive cop shows. I don't even watch a lot of cop shows but police is a job that has people that are good and bad. The best solution is to try to fix the problems and hold those who are bad accountable not get rid of police and cop shows

I agree, Maria. I don't like Twitter either. I think it's inhumane to judge people by tweets they made over a decade ago. And canceling is so juvenile and immature. I don't like Facebook either. I guess I can understand Instagram because it's basically like a photobook.

What cop shows are they getting rid of? The reality ones or the scripted ones?

I know, I agree. I hope that this is just temporary and they bring these shows back.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No their not getting rid of cop shows it was just some dumb article in USA today and a few other newspapers just being critical of them and saying they should be canceled. The Law and orders and chicago. That won't happen but I found the sentiment dumb
Well I had my facebook for years so I am use it. It mostly for vacation photos and keeping track of family members overseas.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

I always feel when a movement is happening people start going to extremes or start trying to over correct. Trying to say all law enforcement is bad and wanting to cancel shows because of it is overboard

I’ve seen others lose sponsorships because of something they said or did like Lea Michele. I get it she’s a mean person but it seems she was a mean person to everyone. Coach’s losing jobs because of something they tweeted 8 years ago. If you had or have a problem with someone or see something they say, call them out then, don’t wait.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Lea Michelle I believe use to be a diva and wasent every nice to everyone. I do hope shes not like that anymore. Mostly because I was a fan of hers and will still watch something she's in. I heard the set of Glee set had a bunch of drama.I agree I dont believe shes racist or should lose jobs for past behavior. If she has changed.

I agree when it comes to things like that it's something you shouldn't wait. You should explain it then not wait not seven or 8 years later

Last edited by fox24; 06-07-2020 at 05:45 AM
Old 06-07-2020, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I think overall she was a diva but agreed if she really was that difficult to work with they should’ve spoken up then

hopefully she has matured now

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 06-07-2020 at 11:48 AM
Old 06-07-2020, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I personally think that Glee should've ended sooner that it did.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Yeah Lea Michelle I believe use to be a diva and wasent every nice to everyone. I do hope shes not like that anymore. Mostly because I was a fan of hers and will still watch something she's in. I heard the set of Glee set had a bunch of drama.I agree I dont believe shes racist or should lose jobs for past behavior. If she has changed.

I agree when it comes to things like that it's something you shouldn't wait. You should explain it then not wait not seven or 8 years later
Yeah, I just don’t see the point of attacking someone when something like this happens, you bring something up and then everyone jumps on them. Like shouldn’t everyone be coming together rather than try to tear each other part. Then someone does apologize and everyone tells them it’s not enough or it’s not a good enough apology, and people wonder why change doesn’t happen, it’s because it almost seems most people want to see everyone fail, or turn an important movement into something different or use it to settle personal scores.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah there was a funny scene on Family guy when the dog tries to apologize for a bad tweet and people not having it. The best thing is to wait it out and hopefully it dies down

I do Lea is apologetic at least it's what she appears in interviews plus she's going to be a mom so I think it might have wished her up. I do think being a lead on a tv show might have got to her head at the time not that I am defending being a diva. Plus the actress that originally had a problem could have called or wrote to her privately instead of bringing it on social media
Old 06-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, I see. Yeah, I don't think they'll just start cancelling cop shows or anything like that. People always overreact. I remember after 9/11 they said that no one would ever again make a movie where a building blows up, and obviously that didn't happen. I agree, I also think dogpiling on Lea Michele for something that's not even relevant to what's going on is more online virtue signaling and moral posturing. This is why I despise social media, and this has got to stop. Lea Michele is pregnant and about to have a child, and she doesn't need this right now. I was never a fan of Glee anyway, so who cares? Everyone on that show deserves to be mocked just for being on that show.